|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Archangel of Tithes
Creature — Angel
As long as Archangel of Tithes is untapped, creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each of those creatures.
As long as Archangel of Tithes is attacking, creatures can't block unless their controller pays for each of those creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||EliGjerdingen , switchkill65 , Spinalripper , MoJoMiXuP|
|Want (5)||Nemesis , fireborne1986 , zachi , Oloro_Magic , rakdos24|
Archangel of Tithes Discussion
1 day ago
Zerraphon, some win cons are buff spirit flood, big creatures such as Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Blazing Archon, and stopping the opponents from blocking with Archangel of Tithes. An Elspeth, Sun's Champion ult is basically a win. i've even won a game with an Open the Vaults and Grim Guardian triggers. The whole point is to set up such an oppressive wall that the opponent can't do anything until you find your win cons and planar bridge can just put your win cons on the battlefield.
1 week ago
Honestly you made this really hard and while I cant think of anything that really needs to be cut with Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons EDH decks rising up do you think that a copy of Guardian Seraph would be good to run? I mean it prevents the go wide and attack with 1/1 creatures and forces them to leave you alone to find a way to either pump their army or hit you with. I know you already Archangel of Tithes But this might be helpful? And have you thought of the Gideon of the Trials? Idk he might be fun to play around with to help with board politics! +1 Anway for making a damn soild deck! Had to think for a good while on what to suggest!
2 weeks ago
Thank you for the upvote!
What is your definition of a "budget" build? When I began building decks I tried to keep them within a $20 range, but now that my income is more generous "budget" for me is ~$100. I understand that "budget" is different for everyone, so that would be a good starting point. That being said, here are a few suggestions.
Long Post Show
1. Guardian Idol - It doesn't feel right in this deck and opens room for better cards.
2. Heliod's Emissary - This card is far too expensive for what it accomplishes and again opens up slots for better cards.
(These are definitely going to depend on your definition of "budget.")
1. Graceblade Artisan - Creature gets beefy with Auras, budget version of Kor Spiritdancer.
2. Mesa Enchantress - Provides card draw if you can't find the budget for Spiritdancer.
3. Hyena Umbra - Totem armor is amazing for keeping creatures alive, and alleviates the card disadvantages that Auras bring. Alternatively, Umbra Mystic will give all Auras Totem armor.
4. Daybreak Coronet - Amazing Aura. Enough said.
5. Spirit Mantle - Another amazing Aura.
6. Authority of the Consuls - Similar to Blind Obedience but can be played Turn 1 to slow creatures down immediately, and prolong your life.
7. Nevermore - Excellent card for Pillow Fort as it slows down several decks.
8. Archangel of Tithes - Instead of Windborn Muse, it will also help you get damage through and delay blockers.
At the very least, I would recommend increasing the number of lands being played. 19 is really low for the average CMC of the deck and you don't want to run out of mana when needed. Additionally, include a full play set of Ghostly Prison, Ethereal Armor, and Hopeful Eidolon. They are great cards.
I hope you were able to find some of this useful!
2 weeks ago
not sure how your creature base helps with infect, most of them are too small to have any impact.
also aside from using burn/reflect spells, how do you win?
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Assault Suit is a MUST card. The only viable reason to not run it in a Zurgo deck is if you don't have it. There are many cards in here that don't belong I think. I understand you want to play with big Eldrazi but you have so few that Eye of Ugin can go.
Your section on "blockers" is far-fetched. Unless you have an opponent playing Maelstrom Wanderer or your opponents are just clueless, you are priority one to die. Elspeth's tokens and your lands won't cut it. You need harder deterrents. No Mercy and big Teysa (can't remember the name of the card) are straight up kill creatures if they attack you (and aren't indestructible). Ghostly Prison and Archangel of Tithes make it cost mana to attack you.
You run a lot of boardwipes but you should be on the look out for other cards that make your opponents creatures come into play tapped. Lethal Vapors is also a great include as it straight kills creatures coming in unless and opponent chooses to skip a turn.
2 weeks ago
Additions (trying to push boros. We can remove anything on this list, of course):
- Hellrider (very strong incentive to play red IMO)
- Lightning Bolt (Not sure why this isnt in here)
- Chain Lightning
- Forked Bolt
- Spectral Procession (works across archetypes)
- Midnight Haunting (works across archetypes)
- Dragon Fodder
- Krenko's Command
- Spear of Heliod
- Angel of Invention
- Call for Unity
- Consul's Lieutenant
- Crescendo of War
- Dictate of Heliod
- Eldrazi Monument
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Glory of Warfare
- Goldnight Commander
- Jazal Goldmane
- Instigator Gang Flip
- Soltari Champion
- Sunhome Guildmage
- Grand Abolisher
- Charging Cinderhorn (this just seems fun. may be too shitty)
Things to consider for UW (not added, lets discuss):
- Thistledown Liege
- Thunderclap Wyvern
- Pride of the Clouds
- Sprite Noble
- Aerial Responder
- Darien, King of Kjeldor
- Selfless Spirit
- Dragonlord Ojutai
- Wingmate Roc
- Swans of Bryn Argoll
- Aven Mimeomancer
- Stratus Dancer
- Sphinx of Magosi
- Glen Elendra Archmage
- Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
- Windborn Muse
- Twilight Shepherd
- Archangel of Tithes
- Archangel Avacyn Flip
- Gisela, the Broken Blade
- Bruna, the Fading Light (Pretty nice if fliers has a lot of angels)
- Serendib Efreet (this seems dangerous with only 20 life)
- Sower of Temptation
- Notorious Throng
- Oona, Queen of the Fae
- Brago, King Eternal
- Consecrated Sphinx
- Angel of Jubilation
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Goblin Legionnaire
- Thassa, God of the Sea (doesnt drive an archetype, not good enough for good stuff)
Do we include sigets? I think it might be a good idea.
3 weeks ago
Silence is a pretty good card to keep you alive. Also consider Serra Avenger. Great mid-game card, and pretty good on it's own. Archangel of Tithes is also a great source of annoyance if you run it in combination with Ghostly Prison.