|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi Angel
Flying, First Strike, Vigilance, Lifelink
Your opponent can't cast spells with converted mana cost 3 or less.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Brisela, Voice of Nightmares Discussion
2 weeks ago
This is really your decision, but do you wanna double or even triple up on Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light? Maybe take out sunbond, becuase flipping into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares is a pretty good win-con, because it eliminates burn, elves and merfolk If she flips fast enough, most control, abzan, and jund if played fast enough. You could do a U/W control strategy, taking control of the board until you flip into Brisela, or play lot's of lifegain to hold of death until brisela hits the battlefield. Either way, good luck! Gisela was my favorite card in standard, definite +1!
2 weeks ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
1 month ago
The individual cards of a meld pair are exiled and then return melded. This means that the melded creature will not be affected by anything that was affecting the component cards. So as long as you stack the EoT meld trigger on top of the EoT sac trigger so that meld resolves first you will have and keep Brisela, Voice of Nightmares.
1 month ago
Brisela, Voice of Nightmares dies while a player controls a Mimic Vat. The game sees one permanent leaving the battlefield, and the controller of the Mimic Vat makes one choice whether to exile both or neither card.
But since two cards are in exile, does Mimic Vat now see them separately, or can it create a token of Brisela, Voice of Nightmares? Also, in the case that it sees the cards separately, does the controller of Mimic Vat's ability have the option to change which card the ability is copying each new time it is activated?
2 months ago
Blue control kind of suffers in modern because there are many uncounterable creatures. This is why most modern blue control decks also run white/black/red to destroy creatures that have entered the battlefield.
I've been toying around with the idea of trying to Mass Polymorph 2 tokens into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, since that stops dead most modern decks. Of the most played cards in Modern, it is a very short list of cards that can answer it.
But Polymorphing into Little Miss Aeons Torn in the preferred method.
2 months ago
This happened at FNM in Memphis.
12/13 with all the keywords.
3 months ago
CreeperSithlord713 I've considered Deepglow Skate but the thing is, what do I take out for it? And its not exactly re-usable with the list I have. And with Ramos, Dragon Engine and Door to Nothingness I've only added Ramos recently I don't know quite how he'll perform. And I've considered sources of indestsructibility in here but you can still poke/remove counters from them. If I remember right it prevents destroy effects and means they still take damage. That's why all the Gideons say "prevent all damage that would be dealt to him" As with any suggestions to this deck the list has become so tight that I dunno what to take out. Sure Brisela, Voice of Nightmaresmay be a challenge in here and I can remove two cards but she stops like... all targeted destroy spells.
3 months ago
There is a lot of work that could be done here to improve this deck. What Captain does very well is setting up a board state that is next to impossible for your opponents to deal with and overwhelming them with brute force.
However your current build is missing a few important tools first Heroes' Podium and Time of Need for more tutoring. Saffi Eriksdotter is a good combo card with things like Karmic Guide, Sun Titan, and Reveillark which are all good cards on their own.
Then for the real meat of the deck you want Gaddock Teeg to shut out most board clear effects. Sigarda, Host of Herons to protect against sacrifice effects and then her sisters Bruna, the Fading Light and Gisela, the Broken Blade because they form Brisela, Voice of Nightmares which shuts out everything Gaddock Teeg doesn't.
Lastly this is a super heavy mana cost deck and the average land count of commander decks is about 35. You are at 34 and you have very little ramp. Here are a few good options to aid you there Selesnya Signet, Solemn Simulacrum, Kodama's Reach, and Cultivate.