Creature — Elf Druid
: Gain .
Put a -1/-1 counter on Devoted Druid: Untap Devoted Druid.
|Have (4)||DudeMan1031 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , TheAnnihilator ,|
|Want (4)||Hellxlucifer , westers209 , Arnester , MTGNerd08|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Devoted Druid + Quillspike
- Devoted Druid + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed + Zulaport Cutthroat
- Devoted Druid + Vizier of Remedies
- Devoted Druid + Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons + Quillspike
- Devoted Druid + One with the Stars
- Coat of Arms + Devoted Druid
- Devoted Druid + Groundswell
- Cathars' Crusade + Devoted Druid + Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Devoted Druid + Torch Courier + Vizier of Remedies
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Devoted Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.07%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Devoted Druid Discussion
1 week ago
MeagherMan101: The issue is that I want to load all the +1 counters onto a single creature -- particularly, Devoted Druid for the infinite combo. Renata forces me to put the +1 counters onto the tokens themselves, which isn't my goal here. But thank you for the suggestion!
1 week ago
defamagraphy1 I was actually thinking of splashing white for kind of the same idea. the Devoted Druid Vizer Of Remedies mana combo, also the white protection spells. I suppose if I wanted to just have speed in green I could run Arbor Elf Utopia Sprawl and Devoted Druid Melira, Sylvok Outcast for quicker ramp
Honestly, Bow of Nylea Ezuri, Renegade Leader and Asceticism made their way into my list due to the amount of burn and aggro decks at my LGS to help me deal with those issues. Might be best to just commit to just one way of winning rather than having a viable back up plan if it speeds up the game by a turn or more even if it leaves me vulnerable to combo interruption that is game ending.
2 weeks ago
bushido_man96: With a few edits, I'm at 54.99 right now. If I cut all the color-fixing lands, I'd be down to 54.09 -- the only cards in the list which are over 1.09 are Black Sun's Zenith, Eldrazi Monument, Skullclamp, Blowfly Infestation, Sol Ring, Phyrexian Reclamation, Eldritch Evolution, Animate Dead, Victimize, Generous Patron, Devoted Druid, Soul Snuffers, and Shared Summons. I think I want all of those over Bastion, but I'm not certain. Or maybe something will drop in price over the next week, who knows.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
As far as I know, the vast majority of playgroups don't have consistent turn 3 comboing off. I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds like your playgroup plays at a pretty high level, but it's also not bad to aspire for greatness.
About the deck itself, I would try some more combos with your mana rocks and mana dorks and play fewer counterspells/removalspells. By that I mean things like Voltaic Key with Basalt Monolith. Clock of Omens with Emerald Medallion. Mystical Tutor into a Dramatic Reversal. Kodama's Might with Devoted Druid. Ideas Unbound for the turn when you plan to win. As I said, I'm building a Phelddagrif deck, so if you want any ideas, I'm happy to share them (though I don't guarantee they will be good.)
4 weeks ago
That's an interesting take!
Right off the bat, I can see that your build has a lot more wincons than mine. Necrotic Ooze isn't really my style, but the stuff is definitely solid, and I can see the appeal.
At first, when I saw Wall of Roots, I didn't realize it was for combo purposes. This seems like the card that no one thinks of playing when they're finding stuff to synergize with Hogaak, but there is synergy there. Having a mana dork that doesn't have to tap is something that Hogaak definitely needs more of. I suppose Devoted Druid can also help in that regard. Definitely cool stuff!
How has Harvest Season been working out for you? I've been doing some experimenting with it, and it never seems to work for me. It's most useful when you're casting Hogaak, but I find that I don't have 3 mana left over when I'm doing that.
I like your Tymaret Calls the Dead idea. Getting value over time is something that I'm not used to in Hogaak (even though that's what every other edh deck does ever), but this effect might have a home in Hogaak.
1 month ago
Hey there. I happened to bump into your list. As a fellow Mazirek player, here are some things that stood out to me:
- You are running a very low land count. There are only 30 lands that make mana, meaning you will most likely miss land drops in your games, causing you to fall behind. With your curve, I would go to 37 lands that make mana at minimum.
- Similarly, the amount of draw spells you run seems on the low side to me. You run about 5. See if you can increase that category to be around 10 cards. You could consider cards like Lifeblood Hydra, Skullclamp and Yawgmoth, Thran Physician.
- Your hate package could contain more cards that are sacrifice-based. Some such alternatives include Pir's Whim, Vona's Hunger and Wave of Vitriol.
- A few cards that I really enjoy in my Mazirek deck that I was missing here are Devoted Druid, Lotus Field (great to grab with Pir's Whim), Pattern of Rebirth and Hardened Scales.
Hope some of these tips are useful to you :)