|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent plays a land, you may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
|Have (5)||, Thunderbeard , brokendwarf , pskinn01 , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (5)||Taylosun , sol-4 , PAHamster , 730rox , TwoWieners|
7 hours ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
BGlad on Land Drops
3 days ago
Again, thanks RNR_Gaming for the comment. You guys are very helpful, and I’m very thankful. Oracle of Mul Daya and Exploration are too far out of the budget, I’ve gotten most of these cards over the past 2 months and I’ll probably wait to buy another high costing card. I think I can do better things for 6 mana and so I wouldn’t like to play Rampaging Baloths , and I have the same reasoning for Zendikar's Roil . I don’t know about Crop Rotation , due to the fact that I have been happy with Elvish Reclaimer ’s play. I’m definitely think about Burgeoning because it is well worth the tempo play and is pretty inexpensive for the power it packs, but I think I’ll wait to see if I need more mana acceleration.
On a side note, do any of the commenters believe Zoetic Cavern is a good investment due to the fact it can be played as a second land (somewhat)?
4 days ago
Oh how I love lands. If you're not on a budget consider these
1) Oracle of Mul Daya - additional land drops and sudo-card draw and it's an elf
2) Exploration - being able to play more lands a turn is where you want to be.
3) Burgeoning - probably 1 of the best turn 1 plays in a land centric deck and it's a good way to get ahead of the pack
If you are on a budget
1) Rampaging Baloths - you'll probably be able to make a couple 4/4s a turn with this bad boy and your commander
2) Crop Rotation - very good for finding tech lands or just fixing your mana
4 days ago
Nice idea! Not sure if I understand the logic for including Burgeoning , Farseek , Reliquary Tower , Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , and Spellbook . You are playing mostly 1 and 2 CMC cards so you should never have a problem with having too many cards in hand nor really have to worry about needing to cheat out lands. I'd recommend cutting and replacing with something to protect your 1/1s and Commander.
6 days ago
Burgeoning Exploration Solemn Simulacrum Skyshroud Claim Nature's Lore Farseek Abundance Sylvan Library Gush Kodama's Reach Sakura-Tribe Elder Sporemound Mana Breach Overburden Wood Elves Yavimaya Elder Llanowar Scout Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip Burnished Hart Farhaven Elf Explore Splendid Reclamation Nissa's Renewal Boundless Realms Nissa's Pilgrimage Animist's Awakening Far Wanderings Life from the Loam Grow from the Ashes Collective Voyage Horn of Greed Ghirapur Orrery Rites of Flourishing Into the Wilds Temple of the False God Myriad Landscape Amulet of Vigor Ghost Town Urban Evolution The Mending of Dominaria Thawing Glaciers Cultivate Sylvan Ranger Manabond Skyshroud Ranger Coral Atoll Ensnare Fathom Seer Flooded Shoreline Meloku the Clouded Mirror Parallax Tide Planar Overlay Storm Cauldron Tidal Bore Thwart Trade Routes Tragic Lesson Uyo, Silent Prophet
1 week ago
Thanks for the comments, everyone!
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor, that's some great input. Unfortunately, I won't be adding Scapeshift or Crucible of Worlds to the deck, as they are out of my budget. Adding Gitrog and Angry Omnath is going to be costly enough right now. Need for Speed is interesting, though. Would you run that over Concordant Crossroads if you have one? Having another land sac outlet is nice.
Poly_raptor, thanks for all the ideas. Ramunap Excavator will get added, but not Crucible of Worlds , for budgetary reasons. I don't mind that Rites of Flourishing benefits others at the table; I run it in several decks. I guess the question is, do you think I'll need to run it once I get The Gitrog Monster and Mina and Denn, Wildborn added into the deck? I'm just trying to make sure I've got enough extra land drop outlets to run faster, and it's budget friendly; I'm not going in on Azuza, Lost but Seeking (your wallet) or Oracle of Mul Daya because the prices on those cards are ludicrous. I might have a copy of Burgeoning to add in, though.
As for the lands: Darigaaz's Caldera is already in, and I think I'll add in Undiscovered Paradise , and perhaps Ghost Town later on (it doe work in my Tatyova deck). Thawing Glaciers is great, but too pricey once again. Also, thank you guys for the land count considerations, too. I'll have to experiment with it. I've noticed with the current count, I've always got plenty.
The land droppers are under consideration; I just don't know where I'll have room for them once I get everything else I want crammed into this.
Is Groundskeeper worth keeping around?
1 week ago
I too am I big fan of lands matters decks. I like your reasoning for wingrace over gitrog and completely agree with you.
I’ll put my feedback into some panels to make it look nicer.
Nice deck. Have a +1
1 week ago
Wow thanks Art-n-Lutherie, I didn't know about Boundless Realms I'll cut the mana rocks to make room for it. As for Burgeoning I thought of it but in the end it was 10 bucks that didn't increase the power level of the deck that much.
Burgeoning occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
GU (Simic): 0.5%