Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Angel
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target nonland permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. If that land is a Plains, you may return that nonland permanent card to the battlefield instead.
2 months ago
Alright I suppose these are what I'd choose to keep then- Teneb, the Harvester, Pull from Eternity, Harness Infinity, Planar Birth, Eerie Ultimatum, Sun Titan, Minion's Return, Unholy Indenture, Emeria Shepherd, Splendid Reclamation, Animate Dead, Eternal Witness, Timeless Witness, and Noxious Revival. This is if you want to lean fully into those cards that win the game.
2 months ago
For a lifegain Strategy, I always love to see Aetherflux Reservoir, which may a bit pricy, around 20 or so dollars, but can kill most opponents if there not playing life gain. I think a problem in this deck is that there are a lot of cards in here like Bulette and Green Dragon where their effects can be useful, but don't contribute to the Life gain/Ramp strategy. Ageless Entity and cards like Ajani's Pridemate can also help out with getting creatures big by gaining life. I'll just put a list of cards that benefit from having lands enter the battlefield and by gaining life Sproutback Trudge, Ezzaroot Channeler, Verdant Sun's Avatar, Pulse of Murasa, Venser's Journal, Emeria Shepherd, Beast Whisperer, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Scute Swarm, Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, Ajani, Wise Counselor. Hopefully this helps in making this deck have a better win % and making it more fun and a bit more aggresive. If you still have any questions, just comment on this and i'll try to reply to it.
2 months ago
freezerboy Yes I agree! Love your suggestions. Ok, about to make some changes. I do not own all the cards you and others have suggested such as Eternity Vessel, Emeria Shepherd, Planar Birth, Cleansing, and Crucible of Worlds--so I'm putting in what I have to make the deck more land focused than it already is and put in some recursion that Spell_Slam discussed with me. I also see an obvious slate of 10-11 cards that I can take out now. I will publish the update and you can provide more feedback from there if you wish! Thanks!
2 months ago
That does sound tough since each of those tend to take a bit of time. You could get some payoff from Cleansing and Planar Birth to massively buff Ondu Greathorn or Retreat to Emeria, allowing you to only target your basic lands. Or even target only lands with a Balancing Act.
If you're going the landfall route, which may work if you add some more options like Boreas Charger if you've sacrificed your lands or Crucible of Worlds, Oreskos Explorer, Stoic Farmer, Eternal Dragon, Timeless Dragon or anything else with plainscycling. More buffing cards like Canyon Jerboa or Felidar Retreat could help with the subtheme, and as many options with landfall like Fearless Fledgling, Prowling Felidar, Emeria Angel, and Emeria Shepherd. The Shepherd is very strong recursion, though sadly doesn't target lands.
All in all, with the basic land angle there are a lot of options for landfall abilities in white, so may as well make use of those for a more immediate power buff than something slow like Elspeth, Sun's Champion.
2 months ago
Monomanamaniac No worries! Your feedback is welcome and helpful. I really like the Crashing Drawbridge rec, Swiftfoot Boots I could end up adding to if Lightning Greaves doesn't do enough work. Doubling up on that may not be a bad idea in the end. It'll mostly depend if I will have a slot for it. Cheers
freezerboy hey thanks for taking the time to play-test and comment! I'm pleased to hear the land grabbing works as I planned it too. Your question is the main trouble I've had so far in creating this angle for the deck... I really just have Basri Ket and Elspeth, Sun's Champion for offense. My other idea was to use Armored Ascension and Unquestioned Authority on Mageta to go in for lethal commander since the idea is Mageta would be the only creature left on the board. Other than that, if I'm outlasting my opponents I figure I would just get in damage slowly but surely. It's a crappy strategy, so I'm game for more recs regarding firepower. I don't think there are any Hail Marys in the direction of lands matter for white other than Admonition Angel, Emeria Shepherd and Trove Warden. I did have a few really janky ideas like Ondu Greathorn and Retreat to Emeria to pump or go wide. I also found a Reaping the Rewards in my cards yesterday which coukd be fun to pull off before Armageddon resolves.
4 months ago
This is pretty interesting deck, not going to lie. Though there are a few things about it that you could improve the deck with...
First of all is ramp, Mono-white absolutely sucks with ramp I know, especially with getting an 8 drop like Avacyn out, of course stuff like Land Tax and Archaeomancer's Map are good options, they may be a bit on the pricy side. Fortunately stuff like Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, and Monologue Tax exist and are relatively light on the budget, Knight of the White Orchid and Keeper of the Accord are also good options for mono-white to help get her out sooner. Also, since artifacts are the main source of ramp for mono-white, why not slip in Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, or Semblance Anvil?
Secondly, there is a lot of removal in this deck, namely single target removal. Avacyn loves boardwipes and similar effects over single target removal as she can protect her allies from them. Worldslayer and Nevinyrral's Disk are great non-sorcery forms of boardwipe that work wonders for Avacyn and Fated Retribution can be quite the surprise. Speaking of, Vanquish the Horde and Hour of Revelation are very strong boardwipes in commander considering the chance you can cast them for cheap is very often. Also, since Avacyn will be a big target to everyone, consider adding in Swiftfoot Boots for redundancy with Lightning Greaves.
Next, the angels. For the most part, these are some pretty good choices, but there are a few issues I can see. Restoration Angel and Angel of Glory's Rise are the biggest whiffs in the deck. As of current, the only human/non-angel creature in your deck they could target/effect (excluding tokens) is Starnheim Aspirant, not bad, but both of these prefer to be in non-angel tribal decks, namely flicker and human tribal decks respectively. Aside from them, look through your angels and note any beatsticks, or angels that only exist just to hit face, and consider removing them, three of them that come to mind are Serra Angel, Seraph of Dawn, and Baneslayer Angel. Consider changing them out for angels like Angel of the Dire Hour, Herald of War, Emeria Shepherd, Serra's Emissary, or Angel of Serenity as they provide utility in addition to being a beatstick. Also consider switching Akroma, Angel of Wrath out for Akroma, Vision of Ixidor for some added oomph for your angels.
Your lands are also pretty solid, but you aren't running anything that can take advantage of all of those snow lands. You have The Book of Exalted Deeds, why not slip in Faceless Haven that can, technically, become an angel and thus receive the book's effects? Speaking of, Search for Glory and Scrying Sheets are great cards with these snow lands as one can tutor out either a snow land or a legendary card while the other works well with Herald's Horn. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is basically free recursion in mono-white while War Room and Bonders' Enclave are nice card draw options in a color that lacks it.
5 months ago
Hey, me again! I really like Breena, the Demagogue's premise. I want to build her in the future, since I'm cultivating a combat metagame. But I have some ideas that can make your deck funnier and stronger:
I imagine you're trying to keep the idea of giving gifts to your opponents for them to killing each other, while reaping benefits to you.
One way is to force combat. You might want to put Martial Impetus and Parasitic Impetus back to deflect attacks and get draws off Breena. (Too bad goad is a blue-red thing - come on Wizards, give us on other colors). Otherwise, they buff Breena to hit harder.
Another thing you should consider is protection for your creatures:
- Sejiri Shelter Flip and Malakir Rebirth Flip can be slotted as lands.
- Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Whispersilk Cloak, Darksteel Plate and Hammer of Nazahn are great utility artifacts.
- Timely Ward has flash.
- Dawn Charm doubles as a fog.
- Valorous Stance doubles as a removal spell.
How about protection to you?
- No Mercy, Dread, Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker and Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts deter attackers.
- Koskun Falls is a second Ghostly Prison if you can pay its upkeep cost. Solitary Confinement is even more efficient, as long as you can keep up with its cost.
- No one will mess with you again once you cast Hellish Rebuke. Darien, King of Kjeldor also shows them why attacking you is not advisable.
- If you prefer the way of taxing opponents, Sphere of Safety synergize with your other pillowfort enchantments.
- You run a lot of permanents that might die. How about getting them back with Sun Titan or Emeria Shepherd?
- Mistveil Plains has good synergy with tutors.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel also acts as graveyard hate.
About card draw:
- Breena costs 3 mana and it is easy to recast, but you can't rely on your opponents wanting (or being able) to attack each other. Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Treacherous Blessing, War Room and Castle Locthwain can be great options (it is good to lower your life total to trigger Breena). Erebos, God of the Dead can also act as a blocker and life-gain hater.
- Skullclamp is good if you can reliably generate X/1 tokens.
- Syphon Mind is a favorite of mine.
- Mangara, the Diplomat... The name says it all. #bffBreena
- Shadrix Silverquill is not only on-theme, but on-school aswell.
- Endless Atlas and Dread Presence require many basic lands.
- The cards above can replace Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving and Secret Rendezvous (if they want free cards, may they attack each other).
About your ramp:
- I see you run cards that ramp you if an opponent has more lands than you, a la Knight of the White Orchid. Your Lotus Field is great for setting that up. You might also consider putting Orzhov Basilica back for the same effect.
- Loyal Warhound, Verge Rangers, Weathered Wayfarer, Archaeomancer's Map and Isolated Watchtower also capitalize on opponents ramping. I recommend replacing Boreas Charger (if you can't kill it easily), Scholarship Sponsor (not advisable to give ramp AND card draw to your opponents) and Oreskos Explorer (it is better to get lands on the battlefield instead of on hand, unless it is an unrestricted tutor like Weathered Wayfarer).
- If you ramp using the cards above, you will have a lot of Plains on the battlefield. Emeria, The Sky Ruin is free recursion on a land - enjoy ;-)
- You might also consider Fellwar Stone and Dowsing Dagger Flip as ramp options. Breena has flying, so it is easy to transform the artifact.
Sorry for not commenting on your whole deck. Since I have not played her myself, I could only suggest more general things. I hope the suggestions have inspired you somehow. As always, have fun with the Demagogue!
5 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions IHATENAMES!
A couple i’m already running, and quite a few had their time in the deck and didn’t pull enough weight, or weren’t working towards a game ending combo. This deck is in fact combo based, i rarely, if ever swing for a win, and if i do it’s with infinite tokens so evasion and whatnot become meaningless.
Guardian of Faith is definitely going in, in this next revision. Teferi's Protection on a body?! Yes. Absolutely, yes. Shame it only hits creatures though… i usually want protection for my artifact/enchantment combo pieces.
Ambitious Farmhand Flip is great. It’s cheap, and doesn’t have the “if an opponent controls more lands than you” clause, which i honestly hate. Hence why Knight of the White Orchid and Loyal Warhound were cut some time ago.
I am planning on adding another piece of recursion, but it’ll probably be Emeria Shepherd (list is a tad outdated and already has emeria in it, but it got cut at some point] since i’m also adding the whole suite of fetches to make Scroll Rack more useful.