Search your library for an artifact or enchantment card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
|Have (2)||JuneBlue58 ,|
|Want (10)||Printer22 , p3pst3r , dchaffee02 , shadowywolf , mitchman502 , fibion101 , cheddr , Jumz , DocMis , theyounghansolo|
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Enlightened Tutor Discussion
1 month ago
The "buff the Druid" line of play is a bit niche, isn't the main focus of this Tayam deck, and requires 2 specific cards; that is why there is only 1 card slot devoted to it. There are six other cards I have seen commonly used to buff the Druid and three more that jaymc1130 suggested. So that I don't draw into dead cards I don't run them, only Gift of Granite. It may be confirmation bias or that I don't feel that one piece of a combo is a dead card if there are 10 tutors that can find the other piece. I have only been disappointed to see Gift of Granite once. On the flip side, it is responsible for a good number of the wins that the deck gets. Again this may be because I will tutor for it when Devoted Druid is out. The other druid engines require two additional cards making this the easiest one to tutor.
About the tutor situation- Money is a little bit of an issue, I'm not the type that will ever say "money is no object" about a game. Having said that, Demonic Tutor is already in the deck. The tutors that I want for the deck that I have not purchased and am waiting on either a reprint or a bonus at work are Vampiric Tutor and Enlightened Tutor. Vampiric will be a straight slot-in over Profane Tutor, and I'm not sure about Enlightened. It may get me to cut Pull from Eternity.
2 months ago
Strionic Resonator doubles Narset's attack trigger allowing you to exile the top 8 cards.
Aqueous Form grants unblockable and lets you dig 5 deep with Narset.
Go truly creatureless and drop Clever Impersonator for Proteus Staff. This will quite literally allow you to stack your ENTIRE deck in the order you want it.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
2 months ago
Thanks for the comment!
Shimmer Dragon is great but I'm going to be mainly tapping all my artifacts with Glacian, so I won't get as much use out of him. Plus, I only have one copy of it and it's in my Urza deck (where it's really strong!)
Arcane Signet is already in the deck and Worn Powerstone, which I'm pretty sure was something that was in previous versions of the deck and was cut. You have to be really mindful of CMC/MV of your artifacts with this deck, so it isn't something that I think I'd add in.
Clock of Omens targets the artifact it's untapping which won't work with Rebbec on the board, sadly.
Phyrexian Metamorph is awesome, but my 4CMC slot is packed and I don't know what I'd take out for it.
Enlightened Tutor is great but I'm waiting for a reprint on that one. (I also thought it only grabbed enchantments, but that's on me lol)
2 months ago
Some suggestions. I didn't look through all your comments, so if some of these have been suggested/cut already, I apologize.
Shimmer Dragon - This card seems to be gross in almost any artifact deck.
Clock of Omens is often ridiculous in artifact deck, but you'd have to decide if you'd want/need it.
Phyrexian Metamorph is standard good artifact tech.
Also I'd get that Enlightened Tutor when you get a chance.
2 months ago
I have a kaalia deck and I run Aurelia, the Warleader and that other enchantment which i forget the name of that lets you have an additional combat each turn. I know aurelia doesn't get the double combat trigger the turn she comes in because she gets cheated in by kaalia after declare attackers, but in later turns she will carry you to victory.
For 2 tutors i recommend putting in, check out Sunforger. This lets you search the vast majority of your instants out at any time and use them. Steelshaper's Gift is also a budget Stoneforge Mystic that can get you any equipment you need. iIf you start with sunforger, you could use its effect to get steelshaper's gift or Enlightened Tutor to grab yourself Swiftfoot Boots, or Lightning Greaves. Sunforger will also let you tutor and cast most of your removal.
Also, since you're running Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, consider Heartless Hidetsugu. I have that in my deck. If she's out, his ability is a tap to win ability, so if you can give him haste and he resolves, you win the game. That's potentially turn 4 in a perfect world, assuming you can give kaalia haste with lightning greaves turn 3, attack with her as soon as she comes in, drop gisela, and then next turn cast hidetsugu, put the greaves on him, and tap him to win the game. I know that's not specific synergy with the deck, but it's a win con, and it's a win con that will simultaneously take out every opponent.
Idk what you take out for those, but those are some good stuff you can put in.
3 months ago
Changes, 12 Feb 2022: -1 Dictate of Karametra, -1 Heartbeat of Spring, +1 Enlightened Tutor, +1 Worldly Tutor. After getting Dictate and Heartbeat into play recently, I knew these two had to go. While getting double mana is fun, the most noticeable effect is that it slloooowwwwsss the gaaaammmeeee dooooooowwwwwnnnnnnnn. Each turn takes way longer when everyone has to perform complex multivariable integral calculus to figure out how they need to tap to get the mana they want. These two slots are better occupied by tutors that can grab whatever enchantment or creature I want for the game situation.
-1 Azor's Elocutors, +1 Idyllic Tutor. The Elocutors were dead weight every time I drew them. Even if I wanted to make a run at winning with them, it's way too hard to avoid damage 5 times around in a multiplayer game for them to fire. Good to cut for the last tutor I wanted to include.
-1 Curse of Vitality, +1 Horizon Stone. While the curses are fun, they do single someone out which is not what it seems this deck wants to be about. Vitality seems the weaker of the two by far (although Verbosity is probably on the chopping block once I get my hands on the Neon Dynasty cards I want to include), so out it comes to make room for my second mana-keeper effect. I see the tutors being included now being used to find either the stone or Kruphix in a great many games.
3 months ago
Nice build! Enlightened Tutor may be considered as an extra-tutor.
3 months ago
(Yeah hey I'm Reece's friend and I had nothing else happening so I thought I'd take a peek at the deck. First of all, it's a pretty sweet deck, I love this commander and how you decided to build it. Everything I'm saying here are just suggestions to help you enjoy your deck more. Do with it what you will.)
- Due to the final activated ability on The World Tree, it actually has a color identity of all 5 colors, so it can't be run in this 3-color deck. If you want a great resource for finding better lands, I'd recommend looking on managathering.com
- Enlightened Tutor is pretty expensive money-wise, but of you're proxying or playing online it is a fantastic tutor that also sets the card to the top of your library to let Galea cast it with her ability
- This deck is pretty heavy on board wipes in my opinion, but if you like them, keep them. It might be worth running more ways to give your commander indestructible or totem armor such as Hammer of Nazahn or Eel Umbra so that she's not caught in the crossfire. These can also replace instants doing a similar thing for just 1 turn, such as Heroic Intervention
- Have a backup plan for if your opponents decide to kill Galea, Kindler of Hope every time she comes out before she can get protected. You may want to run more creatures to have other targets for your buffs. Many good options in the Maybeboard
- You have plenty of defensive interaction to protect yourself (maybe even too much), but not nearly as much offensive interaction to stop others. Cards like Beast Within or Generous Gift are incredible tools to deal with any problem. Or, consider more cards that have multiple modes such as Selesnya Charm or Primal Command so that you can choose when to help yourself or slow down opponents as needed
- Generally speaking you'll probably want more card draw. Spidersilk Net feels great when you cast it off the top of your library for free, but if your hand gets filled with cards like that you'll feel like you can't do anything. Sram, Senior Edificer is the perfect kind of card draw engine this deck wants to see, more things like him will help immensely.
- Since your deck isn't racing as fast as possible to get Galea out, ramp like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves become a bit more of a liability. If you want more reliable ramp, consider switching them for more effects that put lands from your library into play. These effects have the added benefit of shuffling your deck afterwards, so once Galea is out you can use them to get a new card on top.
- Be very careful with "protection from color" effects in this deck. Giving a creature "protection from white" will cause any white auras attached to it to fall of and be sent to the graveyard, as they can no longer target the creature.
- Assault Suit is very funny. Use at your own risk...
- If you like Trophy Mage, you'll love Tribute Mage and Trinket Mage. Similarly:
- Nature's Lore and Three Visits or Farseek
- Renegade Map and Wayfarer's Bauble or Expedition Map
- Rune of Sustenance and Rune of Might or Rune of Flight
- Wild Growth and Overgrowth
- Gods Willing and Sejiri Shelter Flip
- Indomitable Archangel and Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- All That Glitters and Nettlecyst
Hope this helps! ~Yoshe