Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Disperse occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
2 months ago
Thanks for the tip and another deck to take a look at! I'll have to put some consideration into it!
Robe of Mirrors was going to be almost exlusively used for Lord of the Unreal to protect him if I'm unable to get a Phantasmal Image to extend hexproof to him. I'm not beholden to the card by any means though.
I'm not sure which of the two yet look more interesting to me as a replacement for Disperse. I like the flavor of Repeal more, but it could be a lot more mana intensive to take out a big threat. Echoing Truth seems potentially powerful...Would an effective combo be to go with it and add in some Polymorphist's Jest? Turn them all to frogs, then force them all back into the player's hand?
7 months ago
Enchantment & Artifact removal:
Return target noncreature, nonland permanent to its owner's hand. That player reveals their hand. You choose a noncreature, nonland card from it. That player discards that card.
I like this! Give another color pair or wedge/shard an effect that they don't really get.
10 months ago
toastySmorc thanks for your comment. To answer your remarks and questions:
1 High Tide is a good suggestion, it does not only work with Palinchron but also works with Cloud of Faeries in several ways and I like cards in the deck which have several option in the infinite combo pieces. Cards which have a double use make the deck stronger.
2 Hackball was an inspiration for this deck but no, I wont do that. I want to build my own and I am working on reliability for this deck. I am now trying cards like Disperse which can be used two ways: Bounce opponents threats or bounce my own Simic creature to feed the commander again.
In the current playtest version I dropped the Sage of Hours infinite turns combo. My wincon there is when going infinite on mana and draw. Then bounce all opponents permanents and end up with a hand full of counterspells. Check out the sideboard for those cards.
1 year ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
1 year ago
Hi Jayd0nlink thx for the suggestions. I think I am going to try to get lands under 1 dollar. I think I am going to add Seat of the Synod . Cascading Cataracts is a nice choice I am going to add. Since this deck is trying to get other peoples cards, I need the opponent to have cards I want. I want to take out Oloro, Ageless Ascetic , also Colossus of Akros . I know Blightsteel Colossus is an amazing add, but its not really a necessary card. Wurmcoil Engine is also usually a automatic add in most EDH decks but, ehhh, I think its going in my Daretti deck. Coastal Breach technically is not necessary. I would rather use target removal, or bounce.
Cards going in------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cards going out----------------------------------------------------------------------- - Blightsteel Colossus - Oloro, Ageless Ascetic - Colossus of Akros - Wurmcoil Engine - Coastal Breach - Inkwell Leviathan - Scoured Barrens - Persuasion
THX for all the suggestions. IF you could tell me how its looking, that would be great. Again, just in case, this deck utilizes other peoples cards, and hands,bouncing stuff they already casted. Letting them draw cards for our use. Helm of the Host can do wonky stuff with our commander, letting us control other peoples hands, more than one.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
So here is my update Gidgetimer. I am adding Drogskol Reaver , and dropping Severed Strands . The cards like Revival / Revenge is mostly for ending the game, and Blood Tribute . Generally my group isnt like, u could say luke super competetive. I like to say we are newbies. I am prob keeping Counterlash . I might change it out later. I thought it might be interesting. Seal Away I also going out. So here is the final.
I don't know about Swords to Plowshares . I am going to make big changes over time. Thx for commenting.