Enchantment — Aura
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller gains an additional (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wild Growth occurrence in decks from the last year
Wild Growth Discussion
1 week ago
Also, maybe replace some of your ramp with stuff like Market Festival, Wild Growth, etc. This would not only lower your curve a little and speed up your deck, but you could also get some more mileage out of my other suggestions: enchantresses. Argothian Enchantress, Mesa Enchantress, Eidolon of Blossoms, etc. These would allow you to draw a steady stream of cards.
And finally, some protection would be good so that you don't fuck yourself by getting all your lands killed -- Heroic Intervention, Eerie Interlude, and the like. Or, even better, add in my favorite two cards in white -- Faith's Reward and Second Sunrise.
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
2 weeks ago
I personally recommend Marwyn, the Nurturer as the commander for Elves due to the fact it's a worse Archdruid in the command zone. Freyalise is definitely a bomb of epic proportions, but at 5 cmc I personally wouldn't use it as the commander.
Llanowar Tribe is also a great spell.
That's a great starting point. There are some more things I'd recommend, but I'll have to come back later.
3 weeks ago
MrXilas - haven't had a chance to run any pedh. Though I assure you this list has both ramp and removal. Though I have gold fished it a few times and found its main flaw being draw engines.
4 weeks ago
Greetings snackelwolf! I think you've done a great job narrowing down your options. As for the combo, I think you have the right idea by removing it. It's a smart and solid combo, but like you said, those slots might be better served adding to your land gain and creatures. Dropping Crashing Drawbridge IS a bit of a bummer, but it makes sense overall. My suggestions on what to remove would be Armillary Sphere for Yavimaya Elder as it accomplishes pretty much the same goal but with potential card draw. Even under the worst circumstance you still get your lands without having to tap for extra mana. Second, Ram Through is very useful because it's essentially creature spot-removal if you've got a heavy-hitter out plus a permanent power boost and potential direct damage for just 2 mana. I would consider dropping either Wild Growth or Spine of Ish Sah. Both are excellent choices, with Wild Growth always being a solid turn 1 card. And Spine of Ish Sah being a powerful late game weapon. My arguments against them would be that one is useful in the early game, and not so much mid to late game. You're running a healthy amount of lands for Azusa(which is great)but you've got a ton of ramp as well which may minimize the effect of it's absence. And the second being great mid to late game, but unplayable in early game due to the higher cmc. With Azusa, you don't have to worry about waiting until turn seven to cast it, but you're going to be spending a lot of mana to use and reuse it. Depending on the circumstances, Running something like Beast Within would be a solid play early, mid, and late game due to it's lower cost. These are just my thoughts and opinions, the deck looks great as-is. Your opinions may differ, especially with you having experience actually playing it.
All the best!
1 month ago
I would give my left arm to make door to nothingness viability.
Luckily I can put away the hacksaw because this looks pretty dang good.
Ramos was my first thought for the commander to do it. I also flirted with the idea of Jodah, Archmage Eternal +Mycosynth Lattice + Omnath, Locus of Mana and running mostly forest and enchants like Fertile Ground and Abundant Growth / Wild Growth etc, but Ramos' instant 10 mana is perfect with Door to Nothingness, can't get around it.
1 month ago
Decent deck. You might think about getting that average cmc below 2.5 but besides that I like it
So don't take my recommendations as me disliking your deck, but I'd suggest adding Eidolon of Blossoms,Enchantress's Presence, Fertile Ground, Sigil of the Empty Throne, Wild Growth, Overgrowth, Tuvasa the Sunlit, Setessan Champion, Bear Umbra, Winds of Wrath, Arcane Signet, Thought Vessel. But consider which of the higher cmc ones you y like because average cmc is important
Suggested cuts would be: Charisma, Thornweald Archer, Rofellos's Gift, Grimoire of the Dead, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Predator Ooze, Revoke Existence, Rayne, Academy Chancellor, Lux Cannon, Stonecoil Serpent, Behemoth Sledge, Necropede, Wall of Denial, Spawning Grounds (as cool as it is, it's likely going to get the land it's on blown up), and think about taking out some of your etb tapped lands. Again these are suggestions and in no way am I saying these cards aren't good.
Anyways, hope it helps and I do like the deck, estrid proliferate is a good place for this commander
1 month ago
You might like these: Patron of the Orochi, Awakening, Extraplanar Lens, Caged Sun, Doubling Cube, Keeper of Progenitus, Nissa, Who Shakes the World, Traverse the Outlands, Llanowar Elves, Birds of Paradise, Wild Growth, Arbor Elf, Squallmonger, Basilisk Collar, Bear Umbra, Wilderness Reclamation