You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (3)||SaulPoodman , Spitie , Vuuduuhedd|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 week ago
You might like these too: Illusionist's Bracers , Training Grounds , Biomancer's Familiar , Azusa, Lost but Seeking , Exploration , Burgeoning , Sakura-Tribe Scout , Skyshroud Ranger , Walking Atlas , Budoka Gardener Flip, Llanowar Scout , Summer Bloom , Trench Behemoth
2 weeks ago
Hey man I like the idea of popping back the thriving lands to be able to mana fix as you go. Add in Exploration and you’ll be able to play triple the land per turn.
That Breath of Fury combo is wicked!
I already have a lot of things that give everybody haste in my deck so I took out Karthus. For a 5 drop, I like having things be a bit wild with The Prismatic Bridge rather than hoping to have a multi color dragon in my hand to use Dragon Arch .
If you like Heralds Horn and Realmwalker, then check out Descendants' Path ! Another 3 drop that cheats out dragons.
4 weeks ago
Have you thought of Bident of Thassa for the flavour draws? I imagine that you are combat heavy in this deck and it does a great job at getting deeper into your deck for more sea monsters and lands to smash onto the table
Also I noticed that you aren't running anything like Burgeoning or Exploration to grab the sweet sweet extra land drops. I've found that with something like Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait and Teferi's Ageless Insight on board, Burgeoning especially, puts you so far ahead of your opponents that it's hard for them to stop you.
Blue Sun's Zenith is another great way to take advantage of all that extra mana, either drawing yourself or forcing your opponents to draw out.
All of these lend themselves to an alt win-con with the on flavour Thassa's Oracle
1 month ago
Exploration doesn't tell you how many lands you're allowed to play in a turn, just that you can play one more than you could if you didn't have it. If you have 2 Exploration you can play 3 lands, if you have 1 Exploration and 1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking you can play 4 lands. From Gatherer:
8/7/2020 Exploration's ability is cumulative if you control more than one. It's also cumulative with other effects that let you play additional lands, such as the one from Dryad of the Ilysian Grove.
1 month ago
do multiple instances of Exploration stack? if i have 2 in play - can i play 3 lands per turn, etc etc? i assume this is the case but just want to check for sure and couldnt find a quick answer on google - thx
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
2 months ago
darklord1135, short answer is 35 is enough and if you want to take advantage of Exploration and cards like it, you lean towards having Crucible of Worlds / Ramunap Excavator / Ancient Greenwarden to continually use fetch lands to play additional lands.