|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin Scout Ally
Rally — Whenever Chasm Guide or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
Chasm Guide Discussion
4 months ago
Marshal's Anthem is one of my favourite budget cards in my Tazri deck being fantastic for late-game recovery to make a final push or worst case it's just a nice anthem.
I would argue that Deadeye Navigator is so good in this deck that it's worth spending a few bucks for even for a super-budget build but if you don't want to buy it, Flickerform is another decent choice for the deck. For example, in a similar price range, I would say Deadeye is a lot better than Brago, King Eternal in this deck due to the amount of flexibility it provides, being able to cause rallies BEFORE combat, not to mention going infinite with Chasm Guide and Harabaz Druid .
One more suggestion would be to try to include at least a couple more flicker instants such as Illusionist's Stratagem or Acrobatic Maneuver . Being able to flicker allies while you have Hero or Evangel on the field for protection is almost vital so you want to be able to do this consistently during other players' turns. Join the Ranks is in a similar position: never underestimate being able to get allies to hit the board at instant speed!
1 year ago
Sea Gate Loremaster adds an Ally and card advantage. Bala Ged Thief is great because you can really take advantage of multiple Allies entering the battlefield on the same turn, and it can cause discard at instant speed. Hero of Goma Fada is perfect for protecting against some board wipes and protects your creatures when you swing.
I would also recommend looking at Herald’s Horn (ramp of a sort/card advantage), Vanquisher's Banner (card advantage/boosts creatures), Harabaz Druid (ramp/mana fixing/Ally), Chasm Guide (haste is EXTREMELY useful in EDH), Tuktuk Scrapper (artifact removal/damages opponents/Ally), and Vedalken Orrery (makes ALL your Allies have flash!).
The best Allies are the ones that either effect all other Allies (e.g. Hero of Goma Fada) or would really take advantage of multiple Allies/flashed in Allies (e.g. Bala Ged Thief, Tuktuk Scrapper).
1 year ago
here are a couple of suggestions for you for an ally deck:
Captain's Claws. a good ally token generator when the creature attacks, which is most likely.
Chasm Guide. why would you not give everyone haste from an ETB effect?
Zada's Commando. a great way to do cheap damage to a creature or player.
Metallic Mimic. give all your allies an additional +1/+1. plus gain any ETB effects other allies would get/give.
Expedition Envoy a cheap ally creature good for scouting out what's ahead early on.
2 years ago
2 years ago
I love this commander. I finally built an allies commander deck, and it played much better than I expected. The suggestion that jumps to mind for me is Rally the Ancestors - can really be a very powerful card if you have a decent graveyard. Combine with Chasm Guide and it's gg in any late game situation.
2 years ago
One thing I'm thinking of is something like Chasm Guide and multiple copies of Emrakul's Evangel to create a huge swarm of creatures with haste. That could be used for defense as well as finishing off one's opponent.
2 years ago
2 years ago
Hey everyone I just officially updated the deck with a complete Sultai version. Expect a new update some time soon explaining my card choices and more. I've added Grasp of Darkness and Walking Ballista to the main deck with another Ballista in the sideboard. Grasp is an instant speed answer to kill Felidar Guardian stopping the Saheeli Rai combo. It's also just an excellent versatile creature removal spell for an unknown metagame. Ballista can also stop the combo by removing a single counter targeting my opponent and redirecting killing Saheeli with her -2 ability targeting Guardian on the stack.
I've also added the first complete sideboard although the metagame hasn't even started. The sideboard will change a lot, but this is a starting point.
Here's a summary of four notable other fun versions that I've playtested, but they ultimately just missed the cut because they are all too slow and not as powerful compared to Sultai. Only one uses energy.
- Gruul Ramp with Paradox Engine
- Uses Soul of the Harvest as the draw engine with Paradox and Decimator of the Provinces as the win condition. Red is for Chasm Guide to give all Elves that I play the turn I combo off haste. Both Beastcaller Savant and Sylvan Advocate are the Ally Elves that can trigger Chasm when the time is right to attack.
- Temur Energy with Aetherwind Basker
- Uses Skyrider Elf, Peema Aether-Seer with Aetherwind Basker as the win condition. Red is for Spontaneous Artist to give Aetherwind haste and any other Elves haste.
- Selesnya with Renegade Rallier and Oath of Ajani
- Another +1/+1 counters version using Oath of Ajani, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Collective Effort as the +1/+1 counter engine cards and Renegade Rallier as a recursion engine. It can compete with the Sultai version and can have some insane draws. I also tried Abzan, but the mana doesn't work. I almost picked this version over Sultai, but instead stuck with Skyrider Elf. I will most likely return to it later on.
- Golgari with Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Another +1/+1 counters version using Sylvan Advocate in place of Skyrider Elf. Drana is very good with Winding Constrictor. I ultimately didn't choose this version because Drana is slow having to attack and do combat damage to gives Elves counters.
I recommend adding Walking Ballista not only is it a colorless out to the Shaheeli combo, but it's just an excellent versatile creature because it can potentially kill with damage creatures, your opponent or Planeswalkers. It's an mana sink as well as having great interaction with the +1/+1 counters strategies.
HairyManBack, MidnightTrain: Yes Walking Ballista when it enters the battlefield will get an additional counter for each Winding Constrictor you control. Likewise if you use it's activated ability to put a counter on it, it will get an additional counter for each Constrictor you control.
Chasm Guide occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%