Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Song of Freyalise
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
, — Until your next turn, creatures you control gain ": Add one mana of any color."
— Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control. Those creatures gain vigilance, trample, and indestructible until end of turn.
Calopaloca on Epic Insect Token Struggle
3 months ago
@Licecolony Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate it.
In my experience with this deck. By the time I was able to attack I had so many tokens on the field that there wasn't a lot that my opponent was able to do to protect themselves anyway. Either that or I won through Epic Struggle. Trample isn't that helpful since most creatures will have a power of 1 anyway. Stampede may help with this problem but usually my opponents creatures had toughness 2 or higher.
However, Song of Freyalise sounds like a good addition, for the indestructible and vigilance.
Thanks again. :)
Licecolony on Epic Insect Token Struggle
3 months ago
Don't assume you want to run a Song of Freyalise effect or Stampede effect?
lhetrick13 on Gishath's Jungle
5 months ago
SunoKasai - I like the deck list. Very similar to mine (Gishath Spared No Expense!!!). I like the addition of Song of Freyalise and Overwhelming Stampede. I had not thought of those cards and they pair well with Gishath.
You might consider Commune with Dinosaurs or Thunderherd Migration over Adventurous Impulse. Topiary Stomper is also pretty sweet in terms of establishing a presence on the field and also providing some early ramp.
Epicurus on Goin' Whole Hog!
7 months ago
If you want to make Raggadragga have an impact on this deck, you can add things like Cryptolith Rite, Song of Freyalise, and Paradise Mantle, because they give your creatures mana abilities. There's probably more out there than just those, but just make sure that they actually give the abilities to your creatures.
Max_Hammer on These silly hoomans - Need Help
7 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
Epicurus on Curse of the Were-Rabbit
7 months ago
I suggest Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury and Song of Freyalise for added ramp, and Saproling Symbiosis as well as Night Soil for token generation.
Finally, Bloodspore Thrinax works better for this kind of deck than most people give it credit for.
thefiresoflurve on Azusa, Just Lost...
8 months ago
Some things you could maybe add:
Idol of Oblivion would be a decent include here due to all the landfall token makers. Might be win-more?
Tireless Provisioner can ramp you really quickly. Also synergizes with the Idol of Oblivion.
Quirion Beastcaller is weak here, you aren't really casting that many creatures in a game.
Llanowar Stalker is a little weak here due to the lack of any kind of evasion - defender can just toss a 1/1 in front of it and laugh.
Song of Freyalise is, I think, a bit weak here due to you not having quite as many creatures until your engine gets online. The final effect could be a decent finisher, if it wasn't so telegraphed. If people see that coming for 3 turns and aren't able to remove it, you were probably going to win even without it.
The Weatherseed Treaty is just a worse Cultivate here. Domain also doesn't really make sense in mono-colored decks.
Tryptic on 【NEW】▷ TOP-TIER ◁【COMBO!】
10 months ago
Thank you for bringing attention to Power Conduit! I've been trying for a while to make a competitive build with Song of Freyalise, The First Iroan Games, and Binding the Old Gods but they just depend too much on having Conduit in the opening hand. I hadn't even thought of using it with Urza's Saga, but now it seems so obvious.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Azdranax|
|Want (4)||rtadams , Amaterasu312 , AjaxSlumbering , freshie9000|