Tap two untapped creatures you control: You may put a creature card from your hand into play that shares a creature type with each creature tapped this way.
|Want (2)||Ertai_the_Corrupt , Goji|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Cryptic Gateway Discussion
2 days ago
For getting big creatures out fast without ramping there is a few options. First off you can try Quicksilver Amulet , or Cryptic Gateway , or Belbe's Portal . These are great effects for cheating a creature into play. There's also Thran Temporal Gateway
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Omniscience_is_life: Nothing in the interaction targets.
This interaction doesn't work because you are mixing activated and triggered abilities. Anytime a trigger triggers it is put on the stack before a player receives priority. This means that the second curio trigger will go on the stack before you can activate Cryptic Gateway . So gateway will go on the top of the stack and will have to resolve before you are able to bounce anything. To get infinite bounce/etb/cheat the creature needs to make two tokens, such as Beetleback Chief .
1 month ago
I have both Cloudstone Curio and Cryptic Gateway on the BF. I play Nest Invader . I get the ETB trigger to generate a token, plus the curio tigger. I resolve the token trigger, which triggers an aditional curio trigger (the other still on the stack). Having 2 eldrazi, I activate the gateway's ability, and I put the gateways' ability on the stack.
Now that I have these triggers on the stack (2 curio 1 gateway), can I put them in the order "curio, gateway, curio", to bounce the nest invader to my hand, cheat it again with gateway, and chose not to resolve the second curio trigger?
2 months ago
@Doombeard1984: Thank you for suggestions. The Problem with the Manabase is truly a triffling one, I try to add more and more better lands in the Future, but as you said it's a bit of a budget problem for me currently, since I have some other decks I try to improve first. As soon as I read Liliana Vess I wondered why I didn't include her, even though I still have a copy of hery lying around. So I will include her in my next update, coming somewhat next week. Ashiok, Dream Render and Narset, Parter of Veils were options for me as well, but I excluded them simply for style reasons and therefore I won't include them in the near future. The Combo with Curiosity and Niv was also something I had in mind and I'm still pondering if I should included it or not, but currently I'm not fully convinced. Cryptic Gateway might be a good addition to this deck but before I start looking for other cards to cheat my dragons into Play, I will focus on improving the Manabase. Last but not least the Card-Draw problem is also on my agenda, I will include Stinging Study and Phyrexian Arena in my next update, but Rhystic Study and Mystic Remora are currently a bit out of reach for my budget (The Arena is from another deck were I replace her with another copy of Stinging Study , thus it doesn't cost me anything)
2 months ago
Ok, so firstly, 10/10 for flavour on the deck. Definitely a +1.
So there is some things that I think would be useful however for you:
- Obviously, no tap lands would be ideal, but I understand budget and stuff can be problematic. You could look at things like the Modal Dual Faced land cards from Kaldhiem and Zendikar Rising ( Clearwater Pathway Flip etc. If you are able to stretch to Shocklands Watery Grave , Blood Crypt and Steam Vents ) then these are certainly worth the investment.
- There are some really good other Planeswalkers you could include. Liliana Vess would give you some tutoring ability to find pieces you want. Ashiok, Dream Render shuts down your opponents ability to search, and you can exile opponents graveyards if needed. Also, if you are wanting that "Planeswalker vibe", The Chain Veil is both awesome and super flavourful in the story of Bolas, Lilly and there deal they struck. Also, Narset, Parter of Veils will stop your opponents getting card advantage on you.
- Seeing as you have Niv in here in his many forms, Curiosity is an easy combo here that can result in killing your opponent. Only thing is you need to wary of the number of cards in your deck.
- To help you cheat some of those hefty costed dragons into play, you could consider Cryptic Gateway . Your Dragons can pay for more dragons.
- Honestly, some card draw could be useful too. Phyrexian Arena and Greed are some could card generators to help keep you with a stacked grip. You could also use things like Rhystic Study and Mystic Remora if your budget allows.
Good luck with the deck. Will be cool to see how it evolves.
2 months ago
Also, I'm looking for opinions on where to steer this deck if anywhere. There are so many viable Beasts that it's been hard for me to make card choices. Then you have cards like Fierce Empath which could be useful. So, advice is more than welcome. Thanks! (If someone could guide me in how to format this into a list, that'd also be appreciated. Sorry for the current format.)
2 months ago