Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
When Crystal Grotter enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add .
, : Add one mana of any colour.
5 days ago
- Your deck should play more win conditions. If your opponent doesn't play creatures, you effectively have only Urabrask's Forge to win, and 5 of your creatures.
- You should play more creatures on your own. After flipping Tarrian's Journal Flip, you can play creature cards from your graveyard, which is powerfull... but there are nearly none in your deck! Same problem with Dross Skullbomb.
- Your deck is almost Standard legal. Replace Improvised Club and Grima Wormtongue with some combination of Callous Sell-Sword, Dreg Recycler, Acolyte of Aclazotz or Ayara, Widow of the Realm Flip and it will be!
- Alternatively, if you don't care about Standard legality and are ok with playing Lord of the Rings cards, replace 2 Evolving Wilds and 3 Crystal Grotto with 2 Troll of Khazad-dum, 2 Oliphaunt and 1 Geothermal Bog. That way you'll have 4 more creatures to win. In your early turns, just cycle them to get lands, and in your late game you can play them with The Tomb of Aclazotz Flip.
9 months ago
legendofa Hi Legendofa, thanks for your comment, I'm actually considering scroll rack! I'll definitely have to test it out and get back with you. Because you'd still need mana to cast Calibrated Blast or activate Mindshrieker's ability, it could be considered a bit slow, but then again, Ancient Tomb is in the format too, which can also be added to the deck, probably in place of Crystal Grotto.
1 year ago
AmoeboidChangeling you're right, Crystal Grotto would be a welcome addition, the scry would be amazing. Only thing I would miss is the existing lands are all Eldrazi themed in their art, but that's something a little creative alter work can fix...
1 year ago
Thank you, Delphen7. You are kind for responding in this fashion. This is the sort of post that is humane. Not getting stuck on what is 'good or bad' in terms of what other people expect of the player in question, or what fits what archetype, but rather helpful in a way that is in accord with what the player wants.
Yes, Crystal Grotto is even better! Prophetic Prism is excellent for ramp and using my Urzatron mana, considering that I need equal amounts of lands as how much mana I'll be getting from Urzatron, and currently I have lesser.
I like Fatal Push a lot, but I don't know about its 'creature left the battlefield' usage.
Again, many thanks.
1 year ago
I've not seen any "bashing" about the toolbox strategy itself, that part seems fine.
Triomes/shocks are played/expensive for a reason. However, now that you've noted that you expressively avoiding them, I'll change my suggestions accordingly. Here's my initial thoughts:
- Crystal Grotto is probably better than Shimmering Grotto because of the scry.
- Prophetic Prism fixes your mana, and replaces itself. Since you aren't playing a whole lot of destroy or target effects, this might be better than Bonds of Mortality, especially since I think neither Indestructible nor Hexproof are seen to often in modern.
- When you've playtested this, how often has the mana fixing from Cascading Cataracts been relevant? I'm thinking Eldrazi Temple might be better because it ramps into your eldrazi faster
- Mark of Asylum is a neat card, but aside from Fury and Lightning Bolt, I can't imagine much use for it. Would a removal spell, like Fatal Push or Path to Exile be better?
1 year ago
Crystal Grotto is also a nice color fix with scry built in.