At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life and amass 1. (Put a +1/+1 counter on an Army you control. If you don't control on, create a 0/0 black Zombie Army creature token first.)
Whenever a Zombie token you control with power 6 or greater attacks, it gains lifelink until end of turn.
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Dreadhorde Invasion + Pia and Kiran Nalaar + Witch's Oven
- Dreadhorde Invasion + Slaughter-Priest of Mogis
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dreadhorde Invasion Discussion
4 days ago
Hey, this is a very cheap deck. Are you not able to spend a little more? A $20 upgrade could really help your deck.
Even though have a low budget to work with there's still several upgrades you could make. Some upgrades to consider are to take more advantage of Teysa's ability to give you additional die triggers when a creature dies.
Good budget cards, $1 or less each, to consider adding:
- Command Tower: one of the best lands to multicolored decks in Commander.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field
- Orzhov Basilica
- Ash Barrens
- Doomed Traveler: Spirit token.
- Ministrant of Obligation: Spirit tokens.
- Tithe Taker: Spirit token.
- Requiem Angel: repeatable Spirit tokens.
- Reassembling Skeleton: good creature to sac since it can reanimate itself.
- Woe Strider: sac outlet and repeatable scry.
- Cartel Aristocrat: sac outlet.
- Grim Haruspex: draw when a nontoken creature you control dies.
- Mentor of the Meek: draw when a 1/1 Spirit token is created.
- Archon of Justice: exile permanent.
- Plaguecrafter: all players sac a creature/Planeswalker or discard a card. Can sac Plaguecrafter to itself.
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Reliquary Monk: destroy opponent artifact or enchantment.
- Dutiful Attendant: creature recursion.
- Soul Warden: gain life when Spirits are created and when other creatures including your opponents ETB.
- Soul's Attendant: same as Warden.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: with a sac outlet is a repeatable source of token or a token that grows in power/toughness.
- Diabolic Tutor: budget unconditional tutor.
- Read the Bones
- Talisman of Hierarchy: two drop mana rock.
- Orzhov Signet: two drop mana rock.
- Kaya's Guile
- Crush Contraband
- Dusk / Dawn
I offer more advice, good luck with your deck.
4 weeks ago
Hey, interesting concept, but your deck is kind of all over the place. All the combos are with Conspiracy, but Arcane Adaptation which is in the sideboard is the same effect, but a better card because less CMC and easier casting cost. I think you want Adaptation as a backup Conspiracy effect.
The game plan is to get an Adaptation effect to make all your creatures Zombies. Consider expanding on the current Zombie theme of The Scarab God, Door of Destinies, Lich Lord of Unx, Undead Alchemist, Gleaming Overseer, Liliana, Death's Majesty and Rooftop Storm? More Zombies that way you can have a more functioning deck without an Adaption effect. Play more Zombies and keep some good nonZombie creatures who then become better with an Adaption effect. Take more advantage of Doubling Season by expanding on the Zombie token theme?
Zombies to consider adding:
- Cryptbreaker: tokens.
- Grave Titan: tokens.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead: tokens.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: tokens.
- Dreadhorde Invasion: tokens.
- Sidisi, Brood Tyrant: tokens.
- Cemetery Reaper: tokens.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier
- Diregraf Captain
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Midnight Reaper
- Undead Augur
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor, thanks for comments! I'm not interested in Doubling Season or Parallel Lives; out of budget. Dreadhorde Invasion is already in. I do like Artifact Mutation, but I don't think I want to be limited to artifact only, but I will consider it.
1 month ago
It's nice to see a Korvold deck that isn't going full cEDH into Food Chain.
You have a bit of a token sub-theme going so maybe some token doublers like Parallel Lives or the criminally expensive Doubling Season would be good. Plus Parallel Lives/Doubling Season + Clock of Omens + Cauldron Familiar + Witch's Oven is a hilarious infinite combo.
Also, Artifact Mutation might be a solid removal spell that provides fodder.
1 month ago
Looks great! Personally I would make these swaps:
Vraska's Contempt --> Syr Konrad, the Grim. I think you don't need creature removal since your general does that, and you could probably easily get rid of any problem planeswalkers by just wiping the board and swinging.
1 month ago
Hey, yes Insidious Dreams is an underrated, underplayed, tutor and it's an instant. If you have or can get Yawgmoth's Will then definitely add it. I didn't see that you're playing Zombie Infestation and you're right it can make a Zombie for Gravecrawler as long as you have two cards to discard which can be faster than Dreadhorde Invasion. I'm honestly not a fan of Infestation, but if it's working for you then great.
Other ways to consider to make your deck more competitive is more speed. Lower the avg. CMC with more one drops; cards that make mana and/or cards that can draw. One drops that draw can draw you cards faster because you don't have to pay mana for them as well as put more counters on Krrik faster. One drops that make mana are helpful to make mana for colorless mana costs of cards to assemble combos faster.
Rain of Filth and Bubbling Muck are powerful when playing a lot of Swamps. Culling the Weak and Sacrifice is good with Krrik or other creatures. All four of these cards can be particularly helpful when you're trying to assemble Aetherflux + Citadel which needs seven colorless mana. Sacrifice makes seven mana by sacing Krrik. Krrik is not needed after you assemble this combo and Sacrifice is an instant. You can pay Phyrexian mana for Citadel, pay Phyrexian mana for Sacrifice, sac Krrik to then make mana to pay for the rest of the combo.
For your current deck there's less reasons to play so many high CMC creatures because you're winning with combo. Vilis, Razaketh, Pontiff, Sidisi and Gray are the best here. Instead of playing others, you could replace them lower CMC cards or other tutors: Mastermind's Acquisition and Dark Petition which can find important combo pieces. Tutors taking up high CMC card spots can better advance your game plan of winning with a combo rather than just having a big creature on the battlefield.
1 month ago
Insidious Dreams is a card I was unaware of and has made it to the top of my buylist. That card with Bolas's Citadel out is a win. Entomb will be great for my Gravecrawler combo as well. I'm mostly not putting in most reanimating spells because I'm not really using many creatures for combos. I am however considering picking up a Yawgmoth's Will to recast combo pieces which have been removed. The top is definitely on my buylist as well.
The only reason I went for Zombie Infestation over Dreadhorde Invasion was because I could make the zombies at any given moment. I know Invasion is a better card for the most part though. I might play around with it in my deck for a while.
1 month ago
Hey, your deck is already pretty damn competitive. Well done making it.
Some ideas to make it more competitive is fast reanimation for Vilis or Razaketh as well as other win condition combos. Ways to tutor for and put Gravecrawler into your graveyard can speed up the Altar combo. I think Dreadhorde Invasion would be a good addition so would Bitterblossom.
Cards to consider adding:
- Insidious Dreams: the closest spell to Doomsday without the risk of having to exile the rest of your library and lose half your life.
- Buried Alive
- Animate Dead
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed: is a Zombie.
- Walking Ballista
- Viscera Seer
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Emergence Zone: assemble combos at instant speed.
- Inventors' Fair: tutor for an important artifact.
If interested in adding these cards then I offer more advice of what cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.