Sky Diamond enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sky Diamond Discussion
1 day ago
Letter of Acceptance is a new pauper mana rock as well! Pentad Prism is good for mana fixing. Marble Diamond , Sky Diamond , Charcoal Diamond , Fire Diamond , and Moss Diamond are one of every color. Spectral Searchlight was recently reprinted as a common in Commander Legends.
2 weeks ago
I'm personally not a fan of cantrips in commander, so maybe switch out cards like Adventurous Impulse , Charge Through and Strategic Planning for some of the draw spells with bigger impact like Military Intelligence or Tatyova, Benthic Druid .
2 months ago
2 months ago
you know this deck actually has tons of draw which makes sense for a blue white color pairing. Because you're drawing so many cards, i think you're able to drop down to 37ish lands and not be affected. seeing as your primary wincon isnt to mill out your opponents, a Teferi's Tutelage and Memory Erosion aren't really going to be too effective. Court of Cunning i think gets a pass solely for giving you monarch. tons of card draw and interaction which i love to see in a deck, one suggestion for synergistic ramp that i think is underrated is Midnight Clock , early ramp and mid-late game refresh the hand. and a Marble Diamond / Sky Diamond couldn't hurt either
3 months ago
Arcum Dagsson is a little pricey at $4 (USD), but from being able to fetch a Nevinyrral's Disk on endstep and untapping immediately with it, to putting Orbs of Warding into play in response to a Jaya's Immolating Inferno : this card's a superstar.
Grand Architect functions either as just an anthem to pump your team or a way to power out your artifacts--all at the low low price of 80 cents!
Thought Vessel , Mind Stone , Wayfarer's Bauble , Fellwar Stone , Sky Diamond , Burnished Hart , Dreamscape Artist , Myriad Landscape ... you could consider running any or all of those to improve/increase your ramp package.
I really like the concept! Keep tinkering!
3 months ago
Hi, I would recommend taking out Marble Diamond and Sky Diamond in favour of Fellwar Stone , Thought Vessel or a Talisman of Progress . When Brago triggers he will return your mana rocks untapped so any rocks that enter tapped are nonbos with this. Otherwise great list!
on Power nap
4 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
4 months ago
Final Change Suggestions (1/21/21)