Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Cumulative upkeep (At the beginninf of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
Whenever an opponent plays a noncreature spell, you may draw a card unless that player pays .
NV_1980 on Hello Lindler
3 days ago
I think this deck needs a different commander; maybe even a colorless one (like Kozilek, the Great Distortion). You can do more or less the exact same thing (even play counterspells, because of Kozilek) and your deck would become much easier to control and predict (for yourself (or your buddy), as a player I mean). For some ideas, check out my Kozilek deck.
However, if you plan on sticking to Kruphix, I would recommend:
- to increase the number of lands. In a dual-color EDH deck I would expect at least 34 (if you also include a lot of 0-cost mana artifacts). When I play-tested this deck, I drew 10 starter hands and I had to mulligan for more lands 8 out of 10 times.
- use green's major strength: ramp. Right now you're not using it at all and it could drastically increase the speed of this deck. Green has phenomenal ramp creatures like Llanowar Elves/Elvish Mystic, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Azusa, Lost but Seeking to name but a fraction. Also, don't forget ramp sorceries like Rampant Growth, Cultivate, Three Visits, etc.
- use some more of blue's draw power. There's hardly any of that in here and it too could drastically increase the deck's speed (and the options per turn of the player). My recommendations would go out to Ponder, Preordain, Prosperity and Mystic Remora
I'd recommend removing some of the (mana-)artifacts in this deck to make room for the above. And Emrakul, since he's been banned from the format.
Hopefully some of this helped. Good luck.
1 week ago
I have a very similar deck with Reyhan, Last of the Abzan and Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker as commanders. I was looking into having Atraxa as a commander instead, but Atraxa is infamous for being a very strong creature that amasses tons of scary, unpredictable value - it is a poison deck? Is it a +1/+1 counters deck? Is it a superfriends deck? Most often, you will find that the other players have Rule 0-ed you as the archenemy before the game begins.
There are two things you can do about this. You can either rise up to the challenge, or you can change commander.
If you want to take on the challenge of constant Archenemy because you want to keep Atraxa, then you have multiple cards that are too weak. Some of which are Arcus Acolyte, the three Myojins, Pollenbright Druid, Murder, Magistrate's Scepter, Chromatic Lantern, Vivisurgeon's Insight, and Expand the Sphere for starters. There are probably 10-20 more I would consider cutting, since these are too casual for the level of play you're signaling with Atraxa. Instead, run low-mana spells like Nature's Lore, Night's Whisper, Fierce Guardianship, Heroic Intervention, Flawless Maneuver, Deadly Rollick, Mystic Remora, Cyclonic Rift, Negate, Swan Song, the WUBG shock lands with their fetches, the list goes on... This won't make your deck cEDH, this will make it more reliable, reactive, and consistent in answering most of your opponents stuff.
If you want to change commanders, you can go for Falco Spara, Pactweaver for value, Anafenza, the Foremost for aggressive, Ghave, Guru of Spores for combo, or the partner pairings of Cazur, Ruthless Stalker Flip + Ukkima, Stalking Shadow, or Nikara, Lair Scavenger + Yannik, Scavenging Sentinel. All of these will force you to abandon a fourth color, but restriction breeds creativity...?
Side note 1: You can still run Atraxa in the 99, that is a more commonly accepted usage.
Side note 2: You have two Ivy Lane Denizen.
soul_knightmare on Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver
2 weeks ago
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling its too creature heavy as well. You should probably drop it to about 30 creatures. In their place I would add Mind Stone, Fellwar Stone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Phyrexian Arena, Distant Melody, Patriarch's Bidding, Mystic Remora, Windfall, and Hostile Negotiations to really accelerate your deck with drawing and ramping
multimedia on Urza's Legacy
2 weeks ago
Hey, some interesting card choices for upgrades to the precon. I can tell your deck is based on the precon because I see Darksteel Juggernaut.
A kink here to work on is the avg. CMC. The mana curve is very high at 4.3 not including Organic Extinction and Mycosynth Golem. The precon mana curve is already high at 3.5 not including Thought Monitor. A higher mana curve would be fine if supported with lots more low mana cost ramp, but you cut most of the low mana cost ramp (Signets, Liquimetal, Vessel) from the precon. There's only 6 ramp sources here 3 CMC or less which is low.
You could have a difficult time casting Urza using artifact creature affinity with only 7 artifact creatures 3 CMC or less. You really can't count on Urza's artifact affinity to first cast him and having not many ramp sources, ramp can't be counted on either. Master Transmuter is a great upgrade, she helps a lot when playing a lower amount of ramp. To improve the mana curve which will help gameplay consider choosing a few of the better high mana cost cards and cutting the others? Most 4 drops here are much better than the 5-7+ drops and that's good for the mana curve.
Research Thief, The Mightstone and Weakstone Meld, Blightsteel Colossus, Mycosynth Golem, Thopter Assembly, Tezzeret, Master of the Bridge, Organic Extinction, Darksteel Forge, Mycosynth Lattice, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Cyberdrive Awakener these are the better 5-7 CMC cards here. The others could be cut to lower the mana curve because they're simply not as good as these.
- Thief, it's repeatable draw effect is good when you want to be attacking with Constructs.
- Weakstone because you have Urza, Lord Protector Meld.
- Blightsteel, best secondary attacker and because you have Master Transmuter.
- Golem because Urza is a consistent way to create artifacts.
- Assembly because you have Time Sieve.
- Tezzeret because of Constructs.
- Extinction because of Constructs.
- Forge, best protection for all artifacts and because you have Lattice, Transmuter and Padeem.
- Awakener flying for Constructs.
Some upgrades at your price point to consider:
- Esper Sentinel, Mystic Remora
- Diabolic Intent, Fabricate
- Skullclamp (in the precon), Baleful Strix (in the precon)
- Ornithopter of Paradise, Signets and Liquimetal (in the precon)
- The Reality Chip + Sensei's Divining Top combo
- Spellskite, Skrelv, Defector Mite, Ethersworn Canonist
- Skrelv's Hive
- Counterspell, Swords to Plowshares (in the precon)
Good luck with your deck.
DemonDragonJ on Commander Masters Previews and Speculation
3 weeks ago
WotC has officially announced that there shall be a Commander Masters set, so let us begin speculating about it!
Thus far, only three cards have been revealed, but they are all excellent, so I am hoping that the remainder of the set shall be comparable.
If The Ur-Dragon is being reprinted (and it needs to be), I also would like to see Edgar Markov reprinted, because he also is expensive, as well as Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, mainly because he has never been reprinted (except as a judge promo), so I would like to see him in the new card frame.
Given that Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, and Smothering Tithe were all reprinted, recently, I would like to see Esper Sentinel reprinted, mainly to keep its price low and availability high.
I have said this, before, but I shall again pray for reprints of Book of Rass and Claws of Gix, mainly to see them in the new frame.
Sol Ring and Command Tower are almost certain to be in this set, but I also would like to see Reflecting Pool and Chromatic Lantern, to keep their prices low.
Akroma's Memorial, Mirari's Wake, and Privileged Position would all be great, as well.
What does everyone else say about this? What card would you like to see reprinted in Commander Masters?
Dencoan on Spirit Squad building
3 weeks ago
- Occult Epiphany
- Spectral Sailor if kept not good source of card draw
- Mystic Remora
- Rhystic Study
- Archmage's Charm fills multiple possible needs in one card
- Esper Sentinel
- Brainstorm or maybe Windfall
RiotRunner789 on Commandatog
1 month ago
You may also consider cutting your extra turn spells for either more card draw, such as Rhystic Study and Mystic Remora, or extra combat steps such as Aggravated Assault or Seize the Day.
Profet93 on See That 1/1? That's Actually Blightsteel Colossus
1 month ago
Oh wow, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I stand corrected!
|Have (5)||sachiel2nd , Azdranax , Darkbob10 , Falcawn , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (15)||ReturnMySquishies , jw560211_magic , Fralor , fibion101 , riverspree16 , OutlandishMatt , Wriggley , Amaterasu312 , dramaege , Bonwa , SaveTheDolphins , Svoran , TheVirtualNomad , IrateBovine , Cool_Cat|