|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|2012 Core Set||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Tezzeret||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Elixir of Immortality
2, T: You gain 5 life, Shuffle Elixir of Immortality and your graveyard into their owner's library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elixir of Immortality Discussion
3 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
5 days ago
6 days ago
6 days ago
Correct me if I'm wrong on this: you plan to control your opponent through discard, with burn/discard-damage as wincondition, right?
If that is true, Elixir of Immortality simply doesn't contribute to winning, and Otherworld Atlas directly works against your own plan. Lifegain is fine, but it isn't relevant in every match (to put it mildly), therefore Elixir of Immortality belongs in the sideboard, and should be brought in against burn and other fast aggro.
The madness subset of cards is a little on the low end, if they are ever supposed to meet. 2 of each is simply too little. Oona's Prowler would help on this, but a creature with toughness 1 is not something you should build interactions around. Necrogen Mists could be useful - it does something during upkeep, and with enough madness cards, that could be pretty funny.
1 week ago
I grew pretty frustrated with Standard. I've been playing the relatively new Eternal digital card game. It's basically Magic with some changes. When I told my friends this, they immediately shot me down saying "It's not magic." Well, yeah, no shit. But it sure as hell beats the current state of standard. I also get to play dimir control deck to my hearts content.
Standard's pretty shitty atm. For control players, the mere existence of Heart of Kiran and Scrapheap Scrounger make things insanely complicated. We actually have more support for control in standard than in a long while with win cons that don't kill the game like Elixir of Immortality... Sucks for hardcore draw-go fanatics.
1 week ago
Things to ditch:
Inexpensive Better Lands:Mana Confluence
Cards to Add:Ghostly Prison (More stupid mana taxes)
Elixir of Immortality (In case I ever need a shuffle) ?
1 week ago
I don't know how full your graveyard gets, but if you end up with a lot of cards there, you could use graveyard to library effects to prevent drawing out. Something like Gurzigost + Feldon's Cane or Elixir of Immortality? Green kind of makes you do it in a roundabout way.
1 week ago
Elixir of Immortality allows you to shuffle in your graveyard which is helpful in control decks like this one