You may play an additional land this turn.
Draw a card.
|Want (3)||Etinifni , matty266 , Cablead|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (E01)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Explore occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
4 days ago
1 week ago
Hmmm, I think I could help you out a bit on lands. First, consider removing Polluted Delta and switch in Misty Rainforest. I understand Polluted Delta could still search for islands, but nonetheless Misty Rainforest's colors still make more sense. I would then consider adding some of the following:
- Fabled Passage
- Prismatic Vista
- Temple of Mystery
- Waterlogged Grove
- Ancient Tomb
- Tropical Island
- Mana Confluence
As for other mana giving cards, (or other) I would consider adding some of the following:
- Sylvan Library
- Rhystic Study
- Arcane Signet
- Birds of Paradise
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds [This could be especially helpful, because once you have Arix out, she can tap for 12 mana for the cost of 1, very helpful!
- Sapphire Medallion
- Emerald Medallion
I am short on time, so though there are many more, this is all I could give. Maybe do some research on your own, I would recommend checking EDHREC, and type in your commander to see good suggestions. Either way, hope this was helpful! If it was, PLEASE consider upvoting my deck: Double Trouble EDH! Thanks, good luck, and have a nice day!
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 month ago
: I really like Dryad of the Ilysian Grove though I do believe there will be times where Prismatic Omen is just better. The appeal to Dryad is that extra land-drop, fixing the big problem with omen, namely that it slows down your ramping if you choose to play it.
The one thing I will say about Dryad though is that it really screams for you to build around it, rather than simply put it into the flex slot (not to say it can't go there and I plan on trying that). If you are playing Dryad in a deck like titanshift I am more interested in playing with effects that abuse extra land drops. That would mean also playing 4 Once Upon a Time , 4 Arboreal Grazer , 4 Explore , and maybe a few Courser of Kruphix . Basically we want to abuse the acceleration this provides with valakut so an ideal play pattern would be something like this:
T1: (ouat if you have it) land + Arboreal Grazer + land (2 lands)
T3: land = 6 lands with Dryad enables Scapeshift getting 4 valakut and two lands = 72 damage on turn 3 or you can just play titan and do 12 presumably if you get valakuts and have none in play.
This is crazy powerful though does require a lot to go right, the above requires 8 cards, meaning you have to draw pretty well, but Once Upon a Time should help to fix any problems. The rest of the deck can be filled with more traditional scapeshift cards, meaning it isn't unrealistic to think that the deck could consistently go off on turn 3, if not likely turn 4. Additionally if one of the extra lands is Castle Garenbrig we don't need the extra ramp spell to make titan turn 3, so in other words the card's potential is sky high. What remains to be seen now is whether it will prove to be consistent enough to see play. In other words, to answer your question, this card has the potential to warp the deck around it, adding even more speed to the deck, or it can become more of a flex slot card, and a very good one at that.
I'll be trying both, just need to pick up a few cards to test out the version described above, but it looks promising.
1 month ago
I think you all make good points... the best case scenario I can from the hip think of is a path to an off-brand/mono green Valakut deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Primeval Titan
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
I dont think that this would be any better or more reliable than already established Titan-Shift though.... but its certainly neat to think about!
1 month ago
Keen is a word I haven't heard in a while, good man!
Extra turn spells are very powerful in talrand. You don't need all of these, but this is what I run in baral. The reason why extra turn spells are so powerful are as follows (in 2 HG, the entire team gets an extra turn, but yeah)....
- It's the blue Explore . You cast extra turn, get a drake, pass the turn, play a land. You effectively ramp
- It gives the drake from the extra turn spell "haste" as you can attack with it during your extra turn
- Gives you an extra combat to swing with the drake you already have
Castle Vantress - Scrying always helps
Mystic Sanctuary - Get back an extra turn spell or whatever u want
Reliquary Tower - No explanation needed
Riptide Laboratory - Protect baral, reuse snapcaster and spellseeker. Theres nothing more fun late game than using snap caster + riptide to recast all your extra turn spells and just beat face with drakes
Strip Mine - Deal with cavern, boseju, urborg, coffers, field of the dead, etc...
I once played this in a 5 player pod. Obviously the more opponents the worst talrand is. So there is me with the tuned talrand, 3 other weak/moderate players and 1 good player. So naturally I counter every spell the good player has because he had the best stuff worth countering. He loses his shit (somewhat understanndably) and tries to get the table against me. He says if you don't let this next spell resolve I'm leaving. I figured it's a game and if someone is gonna get that mad over a game that's supposed to be fun, then I'll let their spell resolve. Lo and behold.... Tooth and Nail entwined into Terrastodon and an anti counter creature. So he blows up my lands, proceeds to only target me the entire game and has a slight but noticeable grin on his face. At that point I found it funny that someone would resort to being a little bitch because they weren't winning. Be warned, a lot of people HATE blue and personally attack me because he didn't know how to bait counterspells, play around removal, etc... so be warned, when you make this deck really good, people might hate you. Meta dependent of course, I've changed metas and there is little toxicity.
PT 2: We all played again and I pact of negatioend his T1 sol ring and just left the store. It was funny as hell because he looked me dead in the eye and asked if I was serious. I'm like, hell yeah, its funny and makes me happy, which is the whole purpose of the game.
I'll suggest other cards later because thats enough for now
1 month ago
Thanks Twist35 some good input! I was definitely thinking about adding some Bojuka Bog I will probably replace the Howltooth Hollow 's. I agree some Explore type cards would be good since I don't have any ramp. The problem is I don't want to cut too many lands I want to have mostly lands and a few non lands. I might cut the Nissa's Triumph + Nissa, Voice of Zendikar package because it seems too slow and unlikely. I do think I don't need as many cycling lands. do you think Courser of Kruphix and Tireless Tracker would be good against aggro?
1 month ago
I really like this idea for a deck, I have always wanted to play some sort of grindy lands deck like this, but I didn't know realms uncharted existed! I have a few suggestions though, I think you could really benefit from some acceleration, like Explore or maybe some cards with literally the mechanic explore like Ixalli's Diviner You could probably add some removal in there, as like you said, you have a very weak aggro matchup, I would suggest Fatal Push or maybe something more versatile like Abrupt Decay I could see an argument for mainboard smallpox as well. As far as the lands go I would cut Howltooth Hollow It doesn't seem that consistent when it comes to getting its ability to go off. I think Khalni Garden word work pretty well in its place. I think you would do well cutting some of the cycling lands and putting in at least one Bojuka Bog and maybe a Hissing Quagmire anyways I hope you enjoy playing your deck, it looks super sweet!