You may play an additional land this turn.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 day ago
Ah I see you updated this, my iPad had died before I hot to share my suggestions, and it looks like you added a bunch of them. Here is what I was going to share, you may even find something you may want that you had missed.
Omnath, Locus of Mana instead as your command perhaps, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Mana Reflection, Beacon of Creation, Exploration, Burgeoning, Boundless Realms, Primeval Titan, Beacon of Discovery, Primeval Bounty, Retreat to Kazandu, Zendikar's Roil, Lotus Cobra, Explore Gaea's Touch, Rampaging Baloths, Ulvenwald Hydra + Rogue's Passage, Avenger of Zendikar, Embodiment of Insight, Courser of Kruphix, Dungrove Elder, Kalonian Twingrove.
For lands have Rogue's Passage, Myriad Landscape, Reliquary Tower and make use of Rishkar's Expertise, Nissa's Revelation and other similar effects, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, then just forests wil do unless you want to go with Eldrazi then use Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, Sanctum of Ugin, Eye of Ugin and so on too.
I will try and help out with cutting down your creatures soon, you can if you want share decklists with others if you look within "edit" so that I am able to make changes to this deck otherwise I will do up something separate. The thing is, is that green is pretty good at making token related cards and that's why you can get away with a lot less creatures, and the ones you do have can be big such as Kozilek, Butcher of Truth for example.
4 days ago
This is usually my hierarchy:
- I use as many fetchlands & original dual lands I can afford.
- I then use anything that a fetchland can grab, ie shocklands.
- I fill the try to fill the rest of lands with all color producing lands, like Command Tower, Grand Coliseum, City of Brass etc.
- Artifact staples Gilded Lotus, Darksteel Ingot, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, etc
- I use some sort of green ramp package:
- Tap Creatures Bloom Tender, Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Caryatid,
- ETB / Sac creatures Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum etc
- Fetch sorcs Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim etc
- Extra land drop Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Explore, Oracle of Mul Daya etc
Those are usually the steps I go through to get 5 colors in to a deck. The key is to playtest it so you can tell if you are getting the ramp out or not consistently. Always start with more and then narrow it down if you get flooded with mana too often. Nothing worse than getting mana screwed in 5 colors!
6 days ago
Release the Gremlins can be efficient token generation and artifact destruction, especially as most EDH decks play some mana rocks.
Angelic Skirmisher gives boosts to your team without removing Sidar's bonus.
Cards you could remove:
Hope I helped!
1 week ago
So I went through and copied your deck and made a few changes, awesome deck by the way. I did most my changes in land. Alchemist's Refuge is a work horse. Dropping Defense of the Heart on the end step before my turn is lovely. Yavimaya Hollow is another great add, has saved my Seedborn Muse several times. Pulled Cavern of Souls today and put that in. Picked up a Riptide Laboratory as well. With so many Wizards in the deck, it is nice to save some if I can.
The local card shop that I play at has an EDH league with a point system. I lose points for killing a table all at once, so I have to find ways to do it one turn at a time. Kruphix, God of Horizons is a godsend for that.
1 week ago
I too broke down today and bought a box. My pulls include:
Past in Flames
2x Path to Exile
2x Inquisition of Kozilek
The rest consists of a lot of 50 cent foils and $1-2 rares.....I was hoping for a more epic pull like Tarmogoyf or Liliana of the Veil, but I never seem to get that lucky. It was fun to actually open a big set like this though.
1 week ago
I love the synergy between Tana & Sidar...I think these two were made for each other more so than any other 2 partners.
Beyond that I think you got lost....Single target pump spells / bloodrush effects and the like are horrible in multiplayer games....unless this is intended solely for 1 v 1, I'd say ditch ALL of them. Aside from Intangible Virtue I wouldn't put any other static effect Anthems in either...once you get your tokens to be bigger than 2/2 then you just lost all synergy with Sidar...and have defeated yourself. Collective Blessing, Gaea's Anthem > out.
Creatures / Spells that will only ever give you 1 token (in addition to the creature that comes with it) also not that effective. Again unless this is 1 vs 1. Attended Knight and Tukatongue Thallid and such...out...
Deckbuilding for edh: When I build an edh deck, I too just start throwing cards at it, then cut lots then try to figure out how much ramp I need, and how much card draw I need, and how much removal I'm going to put in. These three things I put in pretty much EVERY deck. I may not run much but at least a little. (I'm only seeing a few of each on your list) After I get things balanced out and make my cuts I work the land base usually 35-39 lands depending on the deck/mana curve, amount of ramp ect. This deck I'd say 36-37 lands.
I'm not going to price check all the following recomendations, but bear in mind the tcg prices on this site doesn't account for different / older prints / damaged card discounts ect, though a few still might be 20 cents over your budget, but I'm gonna list them anyways.
Cheap removal: (keep Pacifism if you must pick 3-5 here also) Revoke Existence, Fate Forgotten, Oblation, Terastodon, Smash to Smithereens, Entrapment Maneuver, Desert Twister, Scour from Existence ... there's several others but still this is a descent selection...
Cheap Card Draw: There really isn't much in the way in these colors to begin with, even less on your budget... maybe throw Faithless Looting a few cards that give you the Monarch like Protector of the Crown and or Crown-Hunter Hireling and get a Skullclamp and maybe a Slate of Ancestry once you can find/trade for/afford one (they're only $1.50 tops)
Cheap Efficient Token Gen: You got a few good ones already a few more worth mentioning, Decree of Justice, Sporemound, Ezuri's Predation, Twilight Drover, and again...maybe later add Rith, the Awakener and or Sigarda, Heron's Grace.
Cheap Pump: Aside from Borrowed Grace, which you could leave in or not, you really only need a few good GLOBAL pump spells spells for finishers. Usually I'd suggest something like Beastmaster Ascension, but in this case again...no synergy with Sidar. I'd probably throw Titanic Ultimatum and Overwhelming Stampede (stronger 1x use versions of Overrun) and also throw a Leonin Sun Standard at the deck for repeated use/abuse after declare blockers step. Those three alone should probably do it.
Cheap Land Base: Aside from basics there are quite a few good lands to run in budget builds in the case of a Naya deck, you've already listed Jungle Shrine (I'd ditch the bounceland), there's also Naya Panorama, Rugged Highlands, Blossoming Sands, Wind-Scarred Crag, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse. I'd run every one of these, and then basics for the rest. (Again, 36-37 total lands for this deck.)
Yea...so ...holy wall of text Batman, hope some of it helps, gl & hf
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
I would like to put in a Khalni Heart Expedition, maybe taking some Cultivates out? since it takes 2 lands and put directly onto the battlefield at instant speed if you have the counters wich aren't hard to get. I also have a landfall deck (Temur instead of Gruul) and i didn't remember that Explore was a thing so thanks
here's my deck if you want to take a look:Temur Landfall