Legendary Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each land you control.
Equip legendary creature
|Have (3)||DoctorDax , metalmagic , NineNotesKnives|
|Want (3)||NMJohn , Thesurcharge , lyfeisweird|
Printings View all
|Signature Spellbook: Gideon (SS2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blackblade Reforged occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Blackblade Reforged Discussion
1 day ago
At first glance, Blackblade Reforged. I'll look more closely at your list, though, and see if I can come up with more than just that.
1 week ago
Here’s some decent pieces to both help with the war theme and make life difficult for your enemies.
Fumiko the Lowblood because samurai
Warmonger Hellkite makes creatures attack and can be pumped
Grand Melee because open war
Goblin Diplomats because diplomacy is needed in every war
Prowler's Helm like a spy slipping through their defenses.
Outpost Siege card advantage and siege is referenced.
Dockside Extortionist because there is always people like that in war
Neheb, the Eternal is likely worth a spot.
Oni of Wild Places may not necessarily fit the theme but repeatedly bouncing varchild has its advantages
Iron Myr for mana
Downhill Charge seems pretty good.
Seize the Day is very war themed to me.
By Force implies hostilities
Burn at the Stake might be a big kill card after you’ve taken a bunch of survivors. 3 times the amount you tap gets huge quick.
Crawlspace so you can bottleneck their armies like Sparta did against the Persians lol.
Voyager Staff to remove varchild maybe?
That’s what stood out most to me with a quick glance through EDHRec. I’ll keep brainstorming for ya though!
1 week ago
@Mortlocke thanks for the compliment and +1! I have put a lot of thought into running Deadly Rollick and I own 2 copies, the only reason I haven't fully decided is because most of my removal is used before casting Skittles but it is so good I am going to take your advice and at least test it out. I used to run both Nightmare Lash and Lashwrithe but they were underwhelming. If I didn't have 6 swamps out they weren't a 1 hit kill so the swords work much better in their place since I get protection from 2 colors and 2 benefits when they hit the player. I'll probably end up removing Runechanter's Pike in favor of Blackblade Reforged after some additional testing. Turcaut's craftsmanship is unmatched and you can find his business page here. Thanks again!
1 week ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
1 week ago
I think one thing to pay a little closer attention to is not 'what is the card' but 'what does it do for the deck'. Example: Blackblade Reforged is and equipement. But what does it do? It makes a creature bigger based on land. It cares about number of land in play. I would put it with other cards that care about land such as Bountiful Harvest, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar, and Crash of Rhino Beetles. That gives you an idea of how many lands you want to have out.
Cards like Sakura-Tribe Elder and Yavimaya Elder I would put with your 'Land Tutors'. I tend to separate cards like Budoka Gardener Flip into 'Land Drop'...cards that allow you to 'drop' or play more lands per turn. We're definitely going to be looking for more of those in the future! Plummet and Reclamation Sage are definitely 'Destruction' cards.
A few of the cards, like Wings of Hubris and Poison-Tip Archer, don't seem to have an answer...at least not a good one...for 'what does this do for the deck'. Archer likes lots of creatures to die. Does your deck want that? Not really. Wings wants to allow a big giant thing to hit someone really hard. Does your deck need help with that? Not really...most of your big things already trample.
On the bright side, this gives us more room for more goodies for the deck!
2 weeks ago
These two commanders are amongst my favorite cards of the set, if only for flavor purposes. There's a lot of good suggestions so far, so I won't bog you down with a long list. However, I have a few ideas...
Champion of the Parish, because you potentially have a lot of humans entering and re-entering the battlefield
Blackblade Reforged, because you have enough legendary creatures to take advantage of its lower equip cost
Soul Warden, who was at some point changed to Human Cleric in Oracle text.
Student of Warfare if only to help bring down the mana curve
3 weeks ago
Like it. Would give a +1 just for including Glacial Chasm and Rampaging Baloths in the same deck. Here's a few card suggestions...
And then, if you want to try the odds just for the slim possibility that you actually pull it off, Vampire Hexmage + Dark Depths. Hexmage also doubles as efficient planeswalker hate, with possible other good utility effects (That's a really cute Everflowing Chalice you have there; it'd be a pity if someone were to...).
Anyway, that's all I got. Ch