Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its total cost by 1 or by one mana of that creature's color.)
Buyback 3 (You may pay an additional 3 as you cast this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sprout Swarm Discussion
6 days ago
I used to play a deck similar to this one. I playedDrift of Phantasms to transmute for the presence of gond or intruder alarm, and I played Sprout Swarm and Muddle the Mixture as well. Sylvan Caryatid and Troll Ascetic are good targets for the presence since they have hexproof.
2 weeks ago
I've got my own Trostani deck titled Trostani, Token Guru if you want to take a look at it. First off: in token decks True Conviction and Beastmaster Ascension kick serious trash. But, if you're running Trostani than Phyrexian Processor kicks serious trash. I suggest all of them. If this deck is designed with multiplayer in mind, Caller of the Pack, Herald of the Host, and Blade of Selves all offer ways to get powerful tokens from populating. The creatures with myriad almost snowball and the sword let's you copy any of your creatures. Nacatl War-Pride is an easy way to cause player's a lot of hurt, especially if you can keep as many tokens as possible. My last suggestion is Sprout Swarm, because who doesn't like free tokens?
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment Iggaasfinest, I think you are right about the land count being too high and about the need of some mana sinks.
So I did a quick scan of Pauper-legal X-costed spells and the relevant ones (besides a few counterspells) were all in red and black. I'm thinking that Sprout Swarm and Capsize might be what this deck needs.
1 month ago
No problem, thanks for your advice.
Midnight Guard, is definitely a good card. I see the idea of abusing him. But I think he's better in the infinite combo deck, which cards would you cut out for him?
Sprout Swarm Buyback is nice, but again I have to question the tempo, you could cast Scatter the Seeds for the same cost, and you will get 3 tokens. Furthermore the deck counts on the tokens but in a diffrent way as a tokens only deck where this card would probably get 1-2 spots.
Or general, should I replace Blue with Red, but how the heck am I able to draw cards afterwards ~Cheers
1 month ago
Sorry, I figures out what Pauper was. I like...totally mis-read.
They might help build up those tokens and keep you from losing tempo.
1 month ago
19 enchantments is almost deserving of something like Argothian Enchantress.
1 month ago
Good on ya for running Rith, and especially for running her with a heavy Saproling theme!
A few thoughts:
- I started out running many of the same cards you are, as I know how much Rith loves her Saproling army, but over time I've dropped almost all of the slow/non-explosive Saproling generators. I've found that Mycoloth and Rith are by far my two best Saproling generators, so I now focus more on (1) getting more +1/+1 counters on Mycoloth (with things like Bloodspore Thrinax and Forgotten Ancient) and (2) making sure Rith can connect (with things like Spirit Mantle, Trailblazer's Boots, or Vorrac Battlehorns) and generate extra Saprolings with Doublestrike effects and Strionic Resonator.
- One that I would suggest adding though: Saproling Burst. I love the fact you can scale from 6x 1/1 Saprolings to 1x 6/6 Saproling as the situation demands.
- In my group, Primal Vigor is WAY too much of a group hug card for my tastes. If it works in yours though, more power to ya ... literally!
- You might consider Mana Echoes, especially if you're running Sprout Swarm anyway ( + goes infinite (for both Saprolings and mana) given 5 untapped Saprolings (or 4 and a , or 3 and ).
My deck's very different, but you're welcome to drop by anytime: Smashface Gardening w/ Rith
P.S. Good luck on landing + !
1 month ago
OK, with all the usual disclaimers (I don't know your playgroup, nor how the deck plays on a real table, etc), here are some thoughts:
- Maybe add a couple Lands. The average Rith deck (according to EDHREC) runs 38, and unless you're getting flooded out, that's a good place to start.
- I know a lot of people like Temple of the False God, but I'm not a fan. I hate drawing it early, and never seem to want it late.
- Amulet of Vigor is a great and inexpensive way to speed up your tapped Lands.
Potential cuts, starting at the top:
- 9-Drops: Artisan of Kozilek seems out of place without more cheat-into-play effects.
- 8-drops: Praetor's Counsel seems really out of place ... I'm just not sure you have enough graveyard interaction/discard effects to make it worthwhile. Your other 8-drops (Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Insurrection, Utvara Hellkite, and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger) are all cool, but I think you've probably got more finishers here than you need. I recommend keeping playing only a couple of them at a time, and rotating the others through.
- 7-drops: Maybe use one of the 8-drop slots for Atarka, World Render? Double-strike is just SO awesome for Rith (since she can generate an extra round of Saprolings).
- 6-drops: I'd take an especially hard look here because Rith is a 6-drop, and generally you'd rather drop her here than anyone else. Hellkite Charger especially seems super-expensive. Maybe an Aggravated Assault instead? Mordant Dragon seems kind of meh (his expensive firrebreathing especially irritates me). Vigor seems really out of place.
- 5-drops: Scatter the Seeds is both expensive (mana-wise) and slow. I strongly recommend Sprout Swarm instead. I'm not sure you'll have enough Dragons out to make Scourge of Valkas worthwhile. I like Mycoloth LOTS better, or Sunscorch Regent better if you want a Dragon.
Hope this helps!
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Mana Echoes + Sprout Swarm
- Intruder Alarm + Pallid Mycoderm + Sprout Swarm
- Ashnod's Altar + Doubling Season + Sprout Swarm
- Sprout Swarm + Utopia Mycon
- Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm + Utopia Mycon
- Blistercoil Weird + Sprout Swarm
- Blasting Station + Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm
- Seedborn Muse + Sprout Swarm
- Jeskai Ascendancy + Sprout Swarm
- Channel + Sprout Swarm
- Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm