Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its total cost by 1 or by one mana of that creature's color.)
Buyback 3 (You may pay an additional 3 as you cast this spell. If you do, put this card into your hand as it resolves.)
Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sprout Swarm Discussion
2 days ago
I totally didn't know that about the Thopters with Whirler Rogue (I've tapped Saprolings to Convoke with Sprout Swarm so I should have thought about it) nor have I ever thought about tapping Equipment. TOO COOL!!!
Oooh, I really like Clash of Wills; I have no idea why I hadn't even looked at it earlier!
Thanks tons, I really appreciate your thoughts!
5 days ago
It's always great to see another Haz' deck!
One quick thought: Not sure how your group feels about infinite vombos, but if you're running Sprout Swarm anyways, you might look at Mana Echoes. + = Infinite Saprolings and mana, given 5 untapped Saprolings ... or 4 and a , or 3 and !
I also wanted to ask if your deck plays OK with all the 7-drops. I like a lower average CMC plus I usually want to cast Haz' at that point instead, so I try to avoid 7-drops if at all possible. But if it's working for you, maybe I'll take another look!
Oh yeah: Blade of Selves! It's great with Haz' but with all your other ETB creatures as well
I run a very different deck (less pump/different tokens, more ETB abuse) over at Sandbagging w/ Hazezon. Please drop by, any time!
1 month ago
It's always great to see another Rith deck; +1!
I also recommend Mana Echoes. It can generate a ton of mana during Main phase and an insane amount during Combat phase when Rith connects. It also goes infinite with Sprout Swarm and 5 untapped Saprolings (or 4 and , or 3 and ). Along those lines, whenever I see Sporemound I think about + . It's super-dangerous (one Wrath and you're done), but infinite landfall triggers and Saprolings would be REALLY cool.
I have a very different build, over at Smashface Gardening w/ Rith (EDH Dragons), but it might give you some ideas, and I'd love any thoughts you may have too.
1 month ago
Sorry to necro this thread, but on the off-chance you come back to this deck sometime ...
I wanted to second carpecanum's recommendation on Mana Echoes. It's good value during main phase (from Saproling-generators of course, but really from any creature), and the almost obscene amount of mana it can generate during Combat phase made some small tweaks totally worth it to me. I had a bunch of otherwise solid cards on my maybeboard for a while, and seeing Mana Echoes in action pushed them into my main board: Vedalken Orrery; a few X-spells for my removal suite (I chose Aurelia's Fury, Comet Storm, and Quarantine Field); and I put Sprout Swarm back in (since + goes infinite easily).
1 month ago
Thx Decapablo for your comment. There are some really interesting cards in there.
Garruk Wildspeaker is actually a really ood replacement for Garruk, Primal Hunter but the new Nissa still seems like the best planeswalker when she comes out.
Wind Zendikon is something i would much rather put in the sideboard for the right matchups becasue i feel like it wouldn't be very usefull otherwise.
Sheltering Word is a really good replacement for Simic Charm, although it loses the unsummon effect (but Worldspine Wurm has trample so it doesn't really matter).
lastly i played around with Sprout and Sprout Swarm but i didn't really need them
1 month ago
I totally love Rith, so am glad to see you came back to the deck :-)
With all the usual caveats (I don't know anything about your meta, nor how the deck really plays, etc), here are some thoughts:
- Looking at your tags, I don't think Rith will ever be a competitive deck; she's just too slow. For max competitiveness though, speeding up token generation is probably the best thing you could do. Which means you'll either want to get Rith out sooner (by adding some more mana dorks or rocks) or speed up your token generators (by trimming out the slow ones).
- You mana curve seems high. I try really hard to keep my average CMC below 4.0 ... with that in mind, if I was looking to free up some spell slots, I'd definitely start on the top end of the curve and work down.
- Do you have enough ramp? I like 38 lands plus some mana dorks. Even you've got Freyalise out and +1-ing, it seems light. If it's working for you though, cool!
- Along those lines, I don't see any land recursion (Ghost Town, Life from the Loam, etc), so I think your Landfall cards are going to be relatively slow. I'd consider either going "all-in" on landfall, or removing some Landfall cards.
- Do you have enough card draw? If not, I like Mentor of the Meek, but I'm not sure your deck has enough small dudes for it to be reliable. Greater Good might be a good fit though.
- Do you have enough sac' outlets (vital in my meta, to get some value out of all the boardwipes)? If not, maybe Goblin Bombardment or Spawning Pit.
- Along those lines, are there any other big threats in your group? Meren has warped my group, so some graveyard hate has become near-mandatory. And the Blue mages can force inclusion of cards like Vexing Shusher and Spellbreaker Behemoth. Or Cavern of Souls, though it's pricey.
- I like having some dudes to exploit all my tokens. I really like Purphoros, God of the Forge in a token deck, and I've seen a lot of Craterhoof Behemoth and Pathbreaker Ibex. May be overkill for your deck though!
- You may have enough "when, whenever, and at" effects to make a Strionic Resonator worthwhile.
- You don't need any more token-generation, but I'll mention a few anyways: I really like Mycoloth and Dragon Broodmother.
- Also, Arachnogenesis might be a good Fog effect + token-gen for this deck. And Ezuri's Predation looks like a great boardwipe. And they're even better if Purphoros is out.
- Eldrazi Monument might be a good fit for this deck.
- One more thought: Not sure you have enough generic-mana sinks to make it worthwhile, but whenever I see a Sprout Swarm I wonder about adding a Mana Echoes too. Both are good on their own, but with 4 "whatever" creatures plus either 1 green creature or , they combo for infinite Saprolings and colorless mana.
Sorry for the wall of text; thanks for reading this far!
1 month ago
Gideon is terrible in modern tokens.
Sprout Swarm is bad. It's a perfect example of a win-more card. It does nothing early (when tokens struggle) and by the time late game comes around and it gets online, you've already won and don't need it. Plus, it's even worse when you don't have a boardstate, which is the only time in midrange when you need mass token makers. You get all the inevitability you need from Blossom. Obelisk of Urd falls under the same category.
Tokens without Spectral Procession is just foolish. The advantage you gain from the green removal, which isn't even that much better than Path to Exile and white aggro hate, is not even close to worth playing without Spectral Procession. And to try to build the manabase to have WWW turn 3 is so painful that the advantage you gain from green removal won't save you more life than you will lose. You can try it and if you can get the manabase to work (think cryptic command decks), then that could be an interesting deck. But you definitely do NOT want to play without Spectral Procession.
1 month ago
I see you're on a budget. I'll try to accommodate. Vicious Shadows can kill opponents with loaded hands or at least do a bunch of damage. Dragonlair Spider is great for massive token generation, and so is Verdant Force. Thromok the Insatiable is really fun with a lot of creatures. Beastmaster Ascension will make your tokens very formidable. Sprout Swarm is a personal favorite of mine being instant speed and usually 0 mana. Temur Battle Rage can let you commander kill on Prossh's first attack after sacrificing his tokens.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Mana Echoes + Sprout Swarm
- Intruder Alarm + Pallid Mycoderm + Sprout Swarm
- Ashnod's Altar + Doubling Season + Sprout Swarm
- Sprout Swarm + Utopia Mycon
- Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm + Utopia Mycon
- Blistercoil Weird + Sprout Swarm
- Blasting Station + Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm
- Seedborn Muse + Sprout Swarm
- Jeskai Ascendancy + Sprout Swarm
- Channel + Sprout Swarm
- Intruder Alarm + Sprout Swarm