|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs. Eldrazi (DDP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Retreat to Kazandu
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, choose one —
- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
- You gain 2 life.
Retreat to Kazandu Discussion
1 week ago
I love the deck, personally I love the uncommon commanders, I've got Hallar, the Firefletcher who is pretty beast as a commander so you have great respect. Now for some suggestions.
- Tideforce Elemental combos off with your Llanowar Scout
- Lotus Cobra is expensive but can help you play heaps
- Jaddi Offshoot and Grazing Gladehart gain you heaps more life
- Guardian of Tazeem I know it's not Mono-blue but I think this would still work with your land bouncing
- Tireless Tracker is such a great card, you may have missed it because it has pseudo-landfall instead of the real thing
- Retreat to Kazandu Very versatile to gain you heaps more life or pump up one of your creatures (or someone else's you never know)
- Horizon Chimera nice little neat creature to keep your life total up
- Oneirophage is new and such a cool card and a meme. Flying is helpful though
Planeswalkers: (Maybe you have something against them which is ok but here's a few)
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner you'll get the creature trigger off every Rampaging Baloths and the untap is great for your lands and scouts. Maybe even consider Kiora's Follower with it?
- Nissa, Vital Force nuff said, great card
- Tamiyo, the Moon Sage draw, Draw, DRAW!!
I don't know what your budget is like (especially with Gaea's Cradle in there) but there's some suggestions that might make your already awesome deck even better. Happy brewing, hope this helps :)
1 week ago
Ulvenwald Tracker can be good to kill opposing creatures.
2 weeks ago
cute idea but i think people will get wise to this after a game or 2 and enchantment removal/ Pithing Needle will shut you down.
I'd suggest implementing a Landfall theme to help support a heavy land count:
Grazing Gladehart , Undergrowth Champion , Lotus Cobra , Embodiment of Insight , Baloth Woodcrasher , Avenger of Zendikar , Murasa Ranger , Oran-Rief Hydra , Turntimber Basilisk , Jaddi Offshoot , Territorial Baloth , Snapping Gnarlid , Snapping Creeper , Scythe Leopard , Rampaging Baloths
1 month ago
1 month ago
Cards that have been replaced - Fungal Sprouting for Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip; Heartstone for Thelon of Havenwood ; Sporesower Thallid for Retreat to Kazandu ; Thallid Shell-Dweller for Hardened Scales ; Caustic Caterpillar for Nissa, Voice of Zendikar ; Nullmage Shepherd for Palace Siege , Thallid for Beastmaster Ascension ; Fecundity for FinD; Thallid Germinator for Rampaging Baloths ; Savage Thallid for Hydra Broodmaster ; Warped Landscape for
card suggest: Bloodchief Ascension
1 month ago
Birthing Pod , Empty the Pits , Palace Siege , Hardened Scales , Midnight Reaper , Dragon Throne of Tarkir , Bojuka Bog , Acidic Slime , Retreat to Kazandu , Beast Within , Reclamation Sage , Read the Bones , Sign in Blood , Hornet Queen , God-Eternal Rhonas , Nylea, God of the Hunt , Erebos, God of the Dead , Sword of Fire and Ice , Sword of Feast and Famine , Sword of Light and Shadow , Umezawa´s Jitte, Thelon of Havenwood , Beastmaster Ascension , Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Cryptolith Rite , Verdant Force , Leyline of Lifeforce , Leyline of the Void , Eternal Witness , Champion of Lambholt , Heroic Intervention , Harmonize , Eldrazi Monument , Awakening Zone , Sandwurm Convergence , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar ,
1 month ago
2 months ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
Retreat to Kazandu occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%