Creature — Plant
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Jaddi Offshoot Discussion
4 days ago
As folks have already mentioned on r/Infect, Infect is in a really bad place in the meta at the moment. Fatal Push is everywhere, and things like Wild Defiance (which nerfed Lightning Bolt) aren't helpful. I'm also not sure it's going to get better, since I expect to see Solemnity in lots of sideboards starting in mid-July.
All that said, I absolutely love UG Infect, and still play it periodically.
I'm TOTALLY with albino_ninja too on the need for more Creatures. As is, you're going to have to mul' more than you want, and the Black decks are really going to punish you for that with their hand disruption. Creatures with Infect are best of course: Ichorclaw Myr, Necropede, Blight Mamba, and Plague Myr all have different pros and cons ... IMO you can't go wrong with any of them. And maybe 1x Viridian Corrupter too. Another option I've seen some folks use: Sylvan Scrying, which basically acts like extra Inkmoths.
One more thought on Creatures: Because of all our pump spells, I'm always amazed at how often the deck can win with normal damage. So it might be worth looking at something like Invisible Stalker or Thrummingbird too.
Finding room for those Creatures is of course tough. I'm not a huge fan of Groundswell for this deck (it's much better with Fetchlands), so that's a place you can maybe find room. And while I REALLY like having 3 counterspells in the 75, I usually only run one in the main. You may also find you can put some of your protection in the side ... I know we need a TON in the current meta, but you may not actually have enough mana to use it. :-)
Some potential sideboard thoughts:
- Artifact/Enchantment hate: Lots of folks like Nature's Claim but I prefer Seal of Primordium, since you can use it to kill a Chalice of the Void when X=1. This is also a good place for Viridian Corrupter.
- Graveyard Hate: Crook of Comdemnation (recently spoiled for HOU)
- Removal: Dismember or Beast Within (neither is super-cheap, but they're both great IMO)
- Those extra counterspells :-)
- A Wall or some Lifegain (i.e., a budget version of Kitchen Finks): Jaddi Offshoot
- Maybe some Recursion: Noxious Revival
Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for reading this far!
5 days ago
clayperce, first off, thanks for the comment and upvote. The Jaddi Offshoot works surprisingly well, especially considering the two additional lands I run, including the set of Evolving Wilds and the two Blighted Woodlands, so it gets an A in my opinion. Now, for your suggestions.
Hissing Quagmire is basically there in a last-resort blocking scenario, or when I need to use it to close out the game with a few other creatures. Other than those times, I basically never activate it.
Regarding the flyer hate, I really don't see that many fliers at my LGS. Honestly, the last time I think I saw a flyer was blue/white flash in Kaladesh Standard.
Blighted Fen is an interesting thought. However, there always seems to be a throw away creature on my opponent's field whenever I've tried it out in the past, so it's kind of a turn off for that reason.
5 days ago
Looks great; big +1 from me!
I've been working on a Golgari brew; here's a couple thoughts based on my testing so far:
- Do you have room for Blighted Fen?
- The ability to recur Hissing Quagmire from the graveyard is just amazing. Can your manabase remotely support it as a 3- or 4-of?
- I've found weenie decks to be a really hard match-up, as they can chump block for days, and are just SO much faster. I ended up adding some Trample (from Rhonas the Indomitable, though I like Nature's Way too) and also going really big on Removal to make up for it. I like the idea of your Jaddi Offshoot in the sideboard though. How are they working for you?
- It seems like 25% (maybe even more) of my meta is Temur Energy decks (that were recently running Temur Marvel). I have no idea of course if pesky Thopter tokens and brutal Glorybringers will be a force in HOU Standard (and of course I have no idea about your meta). But you might consider some Flyerhate (e.g., Plummet or Ishkanah, Grafwidow) for your sideboard, as placeholders.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Before watching the video I was thinking that Jaddi Offshoot might be better than the Sacred Cat synergicing with the pridemate but is very sweet when you just get a 5/5 or 7/7 wurm. Congrats with the deck and I might build it for me
1 week ago
As much I Admonition Angel is a great card, I don't know if its worth splashing white just for him, specially it being a 3/W/W/W.
Other then that, I really liked your deck. I would add Blighted Woodland for 2 potential land drops, and I recommend cards like Borderland Ranger or Dawntreader Elk (a cheap beafy card that can give some mana acceleration.)
There are some life giving landfall cards that can help you get through the early game like Grazing Gladehart or Jaddi Offshoot, although I think it would be counter-productive in such a well built combo like yours. Maybe worth putting it in the maybeboard against early agressive decks.
I have a mono-green landfall deck, you may want to take a look. It's pretty lame because I only build ultra-budget decks. My take on Mono Green Landfall
2 weeks ago
-3 Anticipate (sideboard)
-3 Pulse of Murasa (sideboard)
-1 Negate (sideboard)
-1 Essence Scatter (sideboard)
-1 Turn Aside
+4 Jaddi Offshoot (sideboard)
+4 Dispel (sideboard)
+1 Gift of Paradise
+1 Weaver of Currents
2 weeks ago
Jaddi Offshoot can be searched for off Summoner's Pact. It also can block Goblin Guide and gain life in conjunction with Azusa, Lost but Seeking or Sakura-Tribe Scout + Bouncelands. A one of Hedron Crab is harder to find and doesn't have as much utility in more situations, especially when playing in formats where Dredge and Grixis Death Shadow decks are popular.