|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Choose one Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn; or, permanents you control gain hexproof until end of turn; or, return target creature to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Simic Charm Discussion
1 week ago
Hey there! Have you considered Vines of Vastwood instead of Simic Charm? I like the Vines a lot more. I'd also consider cutting Aqueous Forms for Opts; you already have Apostle's Blessing for unblockability.
2 weeks ago
Blossoming Defense is a must. Small pump and protects your creatures. Speaking of which, I think you are playing too many creatures. Usually, all you need are Elf, Agent, and Inky. If possible, Noble Hierarch but she has a bit of a price tag. Distortion Strike is usually better than Slip Through Space. 20 lands may also be a bit much, I run 19, and don't use Islands, because you don't have as much blue as green. Just play Forests, because it makes the deck more consistent. Simic Charm is also not great. If you want, check out my Modern Infect primer:
SCORE: 24 | 5 COMMENTS | 1405 VIEWS | IN 5 FOLDERS
3 weeks ago
I like this, but I want it to be more temur--would you ever switch up the mana base, add a Simic Charm or two, and go for a late-game Thragtusk? You could sub out the Serum Visions and one each of Delver of Secrets Flip//Monastery Swiftspear for 2 charms//2 Thragtusks.
1 month ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.
xyr0s on Temur Folk
1 month ago
First: Sorry to ask a rude question: Have you actually tried playing karoo lands against someone who didn't like you to? Trainwreck, right there. Opponent kills your Merrow Reejerey, it's bad enough, but if you can hang on a couple of turns, you'll catch up in lost mana (karoo lands both enter the battlefield tapped and bounces a land, so playing it in turn 2 means that you don't really get any extra value of it compared with a 1-mana land until turn 5 under normal and undisrupted circumstances, after that it adds extra mana). Opponent Ghost Quarters your karoo land instead? (and presumably everybody has anti-land-tech, because tron) That was that game, gg, extend hand, after having tried to crawl back from having 1 land in turn 3, and at best a Cursecatcher on the table to defend you. Sure, you'd also get a basic land if an opponent ghost quarters your karoo, so that's the silver lining, but it's not really what it could have been.
Second: Manamorphose. Is it better than Spreading Seas? That's the card most merfolk deck plays in full sets, for obvious reasons, and you don't have at all. It doesn't just cantrip, it also tampers with opposing lands - enough to cut of a color for a 3color deck, or delay tron for at least one turn. Sure, it's 2 mana: draw a card, with Isochron Scepter, but so would Squelch or Remand be (provided you could find a target for them).
Last: Low number of creatures, no Aether Vials, and piles of instants. Normally the most powerful thing about merfolk is that you can cheat on mana with vial, like 6 extra mana by turn 4. And you have to, in order to play more merfolk than your opponent can keep up with removing (which is how you're most likely to win with classical merfolk - more cratures hitting harder over shorter time than opponent). Here you don't have that luxury, so you have to play your merfolk out of your mana... which you would also like to keep up for instants like Simic Charm and Izzet Charm, or for Isochron Scepter activations. Speaking of scepter, the charms aren't really good without it, so an opponent with an early discard spell would likely target the scepter, and leave you with all the charms, and they just aren't all that good (they are not Lightning Bolt, Mana Leak, and Blossoming Defense, or whatever they resemble a bit, as they cost too much).
So I think this take on merfolk, while inventive, is too reliant on synergies, that do not work without all the pieces - karoo + reejerey only works when both are there (on turn 4, with a cursecatcher and a 2 cmc merfolk), isochron scepter + charms are only good if you actually get the scepter into play while you have a charm in hand. In return you give up the basic winning strategy of merfolk, known as "puke fish out all over the table, watch opponent die".
1 month ago
A few questions just since I don't quite understand some card choices!
Secondly, I think it's cute and mean no offense when I say this but what is Hornet Nest doing in the sideboard? I don't have an issue with it I promise, but that took me by surprise!!
Lastly, a few really fun sideboard cards to list off.
-Simic Charm is s ton of fun. Definitely gonna get some great reactions along with some strong synergy with snappies and protecting your few threats.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
So this is both a decent start and has a long way to go. While I don't have many specific card cuts to recommend to you, I can point you in a general direction for you to go, as well as a bunch of cards that might help you...
Lands and Mana Sources Show
Some issues I see with the deck Show
- Not enough Evasion. While your creatures might be large, very few of them have trample, flying, unblockable, landwalk, etc. This means that against any deck that makes tokens (Which is a LOT of them), you will have a VERY hard time actually killing them.
- Not enough removal. I know that UG tends to be very light in removal, but it is still VERY important. While you have a couple removal spells, mass removal is still very useful.
- Not enough protection. Similar to your removal spells, you have very few ways to protect your own creatures. Being able to protect your own beefy creatures is important in commander when there are so many opponents and having a large number of cards in your hand paints a large target upon your back.
Evasion Recommendations Show
Removal Recommendations Show
Protection Recommendations Show
Potential Cuts Show
In general, these cards are either too clunky, too expensive (cost wise), have strictly better versions, or don't push your game plan forward.
Hopefully some amount of this will help! You're allready at the deck being only $90 so you're pretty close! Good luck!