Creature — Beast
Whenever Trygon Predator deals combat damage to a player, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment that player controls.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Trygon Predator Discussion
2 weeks ago
Doublepost is fine. I haven't really tested zegana against sen trips yet. I could see it being a problematic matchup though unless you hate the triplets off the board with Trygon Predator or something.
3 weeks ago
Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip seems very weak in this deck. She can only search out basic forest and you only run two copies of those and you run two copies of Nissa. Which means her effect runs a high chance of failing. And even if she doesn't she is a bit slow to work in modern.
Maybe you could try Rhox War Monk. They are stronger than they seem at first glance. And Jenara, Asura of War isn't too bad either. Bant Charm and Trygon Predator may make for good side deck cards. Coiling Oracle could help you ramp a bit. Detention Sphere is good for dealing with tokens.
You could also consider a more spirit themed build with Spirit of the Labyrinth, Bygone Bishop, Rattlechains, Kataki, War's Wage, Drogskol Captain, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Hunted Phantasm, Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, Dungeon Geists.
4 weeks ago
Very interesting base idea but with some flaws
I will not list what to put out since I would put out a lot here (would be too long). And for another reason I wont do it. You should build the deck yourself and let it evolve and not build it how I would do it.
Just some outlines of what I think and some card ideas.
The flyer+snake idea is good. If your commander gets too much hate you can still build up pressure with flyers.
To your snake part I would suggest adding:
- Ophidian - Another card drawer to use with your commander but with the drawback of not being able to deal damage if you draw
- Seshiro the Anointed - lets you draw a card with every snake dealing damage (if the snake already does you draw 2) AND it pumps all your snakes
- Amoeboid Changeling - you dont have snakes? Make something a snake. Oh and this is also a snake.
- Shapesharer - this card can be fun - it is everything you need. Doesn't need to be a snake. A Darksteel Colossus from your opponents side is cool too. If you first use your commander you keep the unblockable AND the bonus on the copied creature.
To your flyer side I would suggest adding some power:
- Fleetfeather Cockatrice. Fun creature. But it would need testing if its really strong enough.
- Horizon Chimera - interaction with card draw + flash + flying + trample -> nice
- Simic Sky Swallower - this guy is just insane. Its big, it has flying and your opponent has a hard time getting rid of it.
- Trygon Predator - kill the nice things your opponents have just because they shouldn't
- Winged Coatl - self explaining and fun
Another thing is: You play blue. You need counterspells. More of them.
- Counterspell - classic
- Dismiss - counter sth and get a card
- Pact of Negation - counter for 0 if needed.
- Plasm Capture - more mana in the next turn
- Voidslime - the ultimate green-blue counterspell
Lastly I would suggest cutting cards with really weak effects like:
- Rush of Ice - if you need to get rid of sth kill it, bounce it, counter it but dont let it live. A possibility is Pongify
- Crippling Chill - same as above
- Jace's Scrutiny - same as above
- Ojutai's Breath - same as above
- Roilmage's Trick - same as above (in 5 colors it could be good)
- Lead by Example - you can do better in green. Since you dont play with counters there are better options
- Anticipate - you can do better if it comes to card draw
- Negate - I gave you better options. This is too focused
- Archers of Qarsi - unless you focus on walls and defenders this one is useless. Concentrate on winning and not on prolonging the game (unless you win with it of course)
So. Let's see what you do with those suggestions. Further ones may come.
1 month ago
Trygon Predator can be an all star card in a deck like this.
Also, assuming you know you have Qty 2 Coiling Oracle in your deck list?
Kiora, the Crashing Wave is a card that I find provides great value in EDH. The +1 can shut down an early commander heads up, and the -1 (draw a card, can play additional land) has never let me down.
You will definitely need more lands (as was mentioned). If you want to see creatures that can help with mana ramp, consider checking out my deck: Flicker Makes Them Scoop
2 months ago
Test Played some more tonight with many (but not all) of the swaps in place. So far, here's what I have (won't quite match the board since my deck is still in limbo while I think on this and get the cards) :
Not sure where / how to find room for something like Cloud of Faeries and Sphinx's Revelation. Being able to get some lands back on the combo end (since I usually run things as soon as I land Omniscience) would really allow me to exploit things like Deadeye Navigator and other activated abilities to maximize some effects.
2 months ago
Let's see what swapping the following does to the avg cmc (as I am trying to get that down a bit)
2 months ago
2 months ago
Plaxcaster Frogling, Lightning Greaves, Trygon Predator, Glen Elendra Archmage, Gilder Bairn, Crowned Ceratok, Sapphire Drake, Tuskguard Captain, Battlefront Krushok, Longshot Squad, Vastwood Hydra, Siege Behemoth, Forgotten Ancient, Managorger Hydra, Spike Feeder, Spike Weaver, Overwhelming Stampede, Pathbreaker Ibex.