|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters||Rare|
|Premium Deck Series: Fire and Lightning||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Figure of Destiny
Creature — Kithkin
: Figure of Destiny becomes a 2/2 Kithkin Spirit.
: If Figure of Destiny is a Spirit, it becomes a 4/4 Kithkin Spirit Warrior.
: If Figure of Destiny is a Warrior, it becomes an 8/8 Kithkin Spirit Warrior Avatar with flying and first strike.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Figure of Destiny Discussion
5 days ago
1 month ago
Hoo boy... List time!
CreaturesYou have a lot of high impact creatures that, without a doubt can take the game on their own, but I see that you have no late game big creature removal. I would suggest taking out the high cmc cards like Angelic Skirmisher and Aurelia, the Warleader and replace them with Figure of Destiny or Dragonmaster Outcast. I would also suggest taking out Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, and replacing it with a better one: Gisela, the Broken Blade because the broken blade is much cheaper, has first strike, and lifelink. If you are going to run that, I would also suggest Bruna, the Fading Light because, you know, meld. The purpose of aggro decks, which you labeled this as, is to overwhelm opponents early before you run out of gas, so you need lower cmc creatures, haste preferred. Goblin Guide is a perfect example.
ManabaseAlthough aggro decks aren't as mana demanding as control decks, they still need more dual lands. I would suggest taking out Boros Garrison and replacing it with Sacred Foundry. Shock lands are great because of the potential mana advantage that you can get with this card. Manlands are also great, and I think that Looming Spires would be a perfect fit in this deck. A few mountains and plains are great, but fetchlands are better.
Wincons:Your deck does have many cards that take the game, but I think that it needs a sold wincon. Most decks have 2 parts to it, the wincon, and the supporting cards. If you are running blue, your wincon might be Thing in the Ice Flip and you supporting cards may be bounce and counter sells. If you are going to run Gisela and Bruna, their melded versions can quite easily win you the game. I think that for a wincon, Transcendent Master would be a great add to your deck. Lightning Bolt is a great card and so is Path to Exile. Deflecting Palm can also be a great instant if you use it properly.
SuggestionsI think that overall, you should use cheaper cmc creatures, and maybe some planeswalkers like Ajani Vengeant and more enchantments. I see that you are lacking in sideboards, so for a start, I would suggest putting in Revoke Existence and Leyline of Sanctity.
ps. take out Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas. once you play with her, you'll feel her underwhelmingnessess
Sorry if I sound condescending but I just needed to get these points across. Good deck tho +1
1 month ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 month ago
Figure of Destiny is brilliant! Too bad it would work well with my deck that wants Tallowisp triggers. I'd suggest one more Drogskol Captain and a Kira, Great Glass-Spinner to ensure that protection is all. +1
1 month ago
I'm looking for suggestions on cards to add/cut. Right now I need to cut 19 cards and $3.92. Feel free to leave advice!
Cards on the chopping block:
- Figure of Destiny-It's a good card, and a nice mana sink, but is it worth a cost that's almost 1/8 of my total budget?
- Armageddon-My commander is cheap, so I'd probably benefit from land destruction more than other decks with expensive commander format cards. But it's 67 cents, and runs against the "not terrible to play against" goal.
- Lightning Greaves-Amazing card in commander, and extra great for voltron commanders, but almost a dollar in cost is hard to justify for anything.
- Darksteel Plate-Indestructible is perfect for my commander, and the source of the effect being indestructible is perfect in an artifact hate laden format like commander, but it's 66 cents and there are other ways to protect my commander.
- Meddling Mage-Shuts down my opponent's commander, but it's a flimsy body, color-intensive, and pretty expensive (money-wise) for what it does.
- Phantasmal Image-Copy effects are always useful, and this is a good card, but I wonder if I'm getting enough value out of it justify it's price.
1 month ago
If you're thinking of Spirits, check this out:
For your deck as-is right now, I'd suggest the following:
- 4 Drogskol Captain and 4 Spell Queller seem like must-haves. The 2 Sky Spirits aren't really doing anything.
- Mausoleum Wanderer and Rattlechains are 2 reasons to play Spirits in Modern. Mausoleum Wanderer is particularly brutal because of how much damage Spectral Procession does when it gives Mausoleum Wanderer +3/+3.
- Consider Figure of Destiny to fill out the rest of your 1-drop slots. You can level it at instant speed into a 2/2 spirit for . It gives you a mana dump at the end of each of your opponent's turns.
- Spell Pierce is okay, but not 4-copies-good. Against Zoo variants, Rock decks, Collected Company, etc. this can be a dead card a lot of the time. I'd actually suggest moving them to the sideboard and then playing a plethora of hard counters that are lower mana cost. Spell Snare, Negate, Dispel, and Stubborn Denial are all going to be far more useful because they scale late into the game and don't leave your opponent the option of paying mana.
- Remand is another card I'd suggest. In combination with Vapor Snag and your removal, you can just tempo people out of the game.
- To find room for these extra cards, cut Invocation of Saint Traft and Mirror Mockery. They're just begging to get you 2-for-1'd. More importantly, they're cast at sorcery speed. You won't ever need to tap out until your opponent's end step because you have Rattlechains and Spell Queller.
For your sideboard, I'd suggest something like:
2 months ago
Seeing as how you are probably aiming to go with a budget deck I will suggest Sandsteppe Citadel and Figure of Destiny. Sandsteppe gives you mana fixing and the figure allows the behemoth to have both abilities while also being a win condition by itself.
Also, don'y know if you are still working on this but I think you should continue with it.
2 months ago
Student of Warfare is a less efficient Figure of Destiny, but it suffers the same issue of being a mana investment that is easily removed when you could be casting more relevant cards. Doomed Traveler replaces itself so has an upside, I like it for this deck. Only other 1 drop creature that could fit is Vexing Devil, normally giving your opponent the choice isn't a great play, however the card is cheap for either effect...
Chained to the Rocks is a nice card but it has a couple of flaws, first it encourages your opponent to destroy your land, second enchantment removal is either in most sideboards or main-decked. To my mind you'd be better running Journey to Nowhere.