Electrolyze deals 2 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures, players or planeswalkers.
Draw a card.
|Have (4)||metalmagic , Hellsing , CampbellStev , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Electrolyze occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.12%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
1 week ago
1 month ago
Kk. Once again, good stuff here.
So first of all, you may be right about Blood Moon? I'm on MtGGolfish for most of my modern info and it seems like there are quite a few decks running moon. Out in the field it may be different, however.
I'm not really concerned about my clock, as my clock is the combined power of approximately half the creatures in my deck.
Electrolyze is, yes, a monster against this deck. Cryptic Command is less strong, as it can either tap all my guys down and I just swing next turn, or bounce a guy to my hand so that I can recur the ETB.
Those are a couple really solid sideboard options at the end tho. Thank you.
1 month ago
-So scooping to bloodmoon sucks BUT There is one deck that runs it, which is blue moon. It uses Through the Breach and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Its only two colors so running basics doesnt hurt it as much as a three color deck. Also keep in mind that bloodmoon doesnt shut you off. You only lose 3 spells, and still have a board presence so they should board it out in the next game(s). They spend turn 3 casting a card with no clock, while you have dudes to play. Plus Smokebraider gets around bloodmoon. Dont worry about it.
- Risen Reef is a powerful card, but the lands come in tapped anyways. You can find risen reef super easy with your set up, but finding amulet is harder. Being you need this for your set up your going to want ways to find it such as Ancient Stirrings (lands are colorless btw).
- i havent played your deck much but it looks like your main clock is Devastating Summons plus maybe so 1/1 or 1/2. Spells like Electrolyze seem really good against you. Cryptic Command seems really good on your tokens.
- To mean it looks like you lose to burn, control, dredge, probably jund, humans, and eldrazi tron.
- Id recommend switching to the companion to the one i recommneded being you can cast it more often, and it lets you bring back dead cards.
- As a burn player Eidolon of the Great Revel is AMAZING. It is for me at least 2 mana win the game in certain match ups (like storm).
- Ive played against it and it deals damage, so much damage. I can beat it as burn but that wasnt to say the matches werent close. I went 2-1 against them. I beleive they went jund. Green was basically for Playing collected company.
- remeber shock lands zap your life total so dont run two many. Its a very common mistake when crafting a deck. - SB cards are interesting in games. you could run 1 mana counters such as spell pierce. Its amazing when they collected brutality for all the options and then you counter their spell. Anger of the gods is great usually but your deck doesnt want to see it so dont inculde sweapers. Tormod's Crypt for decks like dredge. Abrade Skullcrack Cindervines is another great card. It beats combo players, and holds for removal. Dismember is a good card but you need to consider if you can risk losing 5 life AND what would you need to remove that has more than 3 toughness?
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestion Epicurus. Bloodwater Entityseems pretty powerful, but you're right about my curve being throw off kilter. Also, Stealth Mission would be cool, if cards like Abrupt Decay, Fatal Push, Path to Exile and Assassin's Trophy weren't so prevalent in the format. Electrolyze snuck in as the only 3-drop mostly because it was quintessential against decks that went wide and it also helped with gaining card advantage. Many Prowess builds run Serum Visions but I honestly I didn't wanna be overloaded with card draw and no limited action.
As for your suggestion on Smash to Smithereens I'll most likely be keeping it as 2x copies in the sideboard. I build based on the modern meta, so I can't main-board artifact hate. I'm guessing your local metal runs a lot of artifact builds?
2 months ago
mtgplayer100: I drop the four Serum Visions for 3 Wall of Omens and 1 Electrolyze. I also dropped 1 Celestial Colonnade for another Glacial Fortress, dropped 1 Remand for 1 Mana Leak, also tweaked the side deck. Any other Suggestions you can think of?
5 months ago
I just cut Pyroclasm and Electrolyze after some discussion with a duel commander discord. Since I haven't played in a while, I asked them what changes seem reasonable with the changed meta. They convinced me it's less of a Pyroclasm meta these days after I was talking about possibly adding Flame Sweep . We will see how that goes. They tried convincing me that Path to Exile was bad, but idk. I made my case for it and it came down to the card being a meta call. I play against a lot more g/w variants than what a blind meta would be. Replaced them with Mana Tithe and Chain Lightning .
As far as the utility lands, I've tried all of those. I ended up cutting them all because I was screwed over too many times with colorless mana. It's a pretty mana intensive deck. I liked Slayers' Stronghold the most out of the four suggested lands though. I've won a few games by untapping Ruhan with Minamo when they forgot it existed a few times though. Feels amazing.
6 months ago
Hey Kjartan I have been looking into Electrolyze but neglected to put it into the deck because of the 3 CMC, it would synergize with the deck well regardless but I just can’t make the space... thank you for the good suggestion :)