|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Electrolyze deals 2 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.
Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||ironax , bakunet , awalloftext , BlueMageBrandon , TehDelta , cryptoplasm , TheDuggernaught , xpsychovampx , kpral , , CampbellStev , gildan_bladeborn , tlhunter07 , Swamy , Oloro_Magic , innokenty , philktoken8998 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Zelpoke|
|Want (3)||samuelianstorm , mafmatician , BladeMasta220|
3 days ago
You're basically playing U/R Delver. Cut your creatures down to:
Then, switch a few of your spells around:
You also won't need so many lands. The ones you have are also kind of a problem because a lot of them always come into play tapped. Modern tends to have fewer turns than other formats, so you having lands that can never enter play untapped will lose you a lot of games. Any lands that do enter the battlefield tapped need to do something really good to warrant this. Therefore, I'd change:
-4x Swiftwater Cliffs
-4x Izzet Boilerworks
-0-1x Halimar Depths
+4x Wandering Fumarole OR Sulfur Falls OR Steam Vents OR Shivan Reef OR Spirebluff Canal
+1x Desolate Lighthouse
+1-2x Island (depending on if you cut Halimar Depths)
You have more blue cards than red in your deck, so you'll want to play more blue lands than red ones if you can't get a hold on any dual lands.
You may find Turn / Burn to be a bit heavy on the mana requirement. Consider replacing these with low-cost counter cards, such as Dispel, Negate, Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, Squelch, Chart a Course, or Remand. If you do cut Turn / Burn for one of these other cards, remember to cut another Mountain or two and replace them with Islands. Otherwise, you'll have too many games where you can't cast anything despite having 90,2183,989 bajillionzillion lands in play.
Lastly, you'll need a sideboard. These are the cards that are useful for your deck, but only against specific kinds of threats. You're allowed to swap cards in and out of your deck between games after the first in a match (tournaments are best 2-out-of-3).
An example sideboard would look like:
2x Mizzium Meddler (for Boggles)
1x Counterflux (stops control and midrange)
1x AEtherize (you'll want these against aggro decks and tokens)
These four just get moved to your sideboard from your main since you only want them in specific situations2x Abrade (vs. Affinity)
3x Ceremonious Rejection (vs. Tron, Affinity, and Eldrazi)
1x Dispel (vs. Burn and control decks)
1x Magma Spray (stops Kitchen Finks and Dredge)
3x Tormod's Crypt/Relic of Progenitus/Grafdigger's Cage (you bring these in against any graveyard bullshit shenanigans)
2x Spell Pierce
(These last three are for beating Control, Combo, and Midrange decks, along with Burn)
From here, you should have a decent deck to take to your local shop to play with, but there's still some things you'll need:
- Serum Visions is beast mode in Delver because it's one of the most consistent ways to flip Delver of Secrets Flip in Modern. They're a 4-of, but fluctuate between $2 and $8, depending on the market. They're pretty cheap right now due to being reprinted in Eternal Masters, but they've definitely been higher. You should be playing these over Peek and if they're within your budget right now, go get them.
- Snapcaster Mage is a card that cranks up the power level of your deck. End of your opponent's turn Lightning Bolt -> Snapcaster Mage -> Lightning Bolt -> untap -> attack has ended a lot of games in Modern.
- Scalding Tarn + Steam Vents will fix almost all of your mana problems. You can play off-color fetchlands as long as they're blue and you have Steam Vents (such as Flooded Strand). Not only can you save on your life total by fetching up basic lands, this also opens up the option for a 3rd. color or maindeck Blood Moons. Fetch lands also act as fuel for Grim Lavamancers and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip.
- Speaking of which, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip functions as the 5th. through 8th. copies of Snapcaster Mage. He can also be somewhat of a "budget" option, although he works best when you're playing both cards.
- Sword of Fire and Ice and the other swords in the cycle can go a long way. An Insectile Aberration is nothing to fuck around with. An Insectile Aberration with +2/+2 and protection from 2 different colors will end the game.
- You'll also want Remands (likely 2 or more) at some point, but it's not high on the priority of cards to get. They act like Time Walks when your opponent taps out to play something and misses a land drop. This buys you time to lay down the beats with your small critters.
- Ancestral Vision is also a solid pick. You're looking to stall the game out long enough to kill your opponent with 3/2s and 1/1s, why not refill your hand halfway through the game?
Hope this helps! I'm sure I'm missing something that experienced Delver players can recommend.
4 days ago
4 days ago
Yea I hate the temples, they will of course be upgraded as i can afford them. I just had them from when i played standard
Bedlam Reveler so Reveler is extremely situational I only like it when we are totally out of gas, other then that we really don't get allot of value as a beater because prowess doesn't help us and it doesn't have evasion. If we play it with a a second revelar in our hand or a full hand, its just an awful play. BUT in the right situation is almost as good as Treasure Cruise (not really but i mean its a solid play). Cryptic Serpent is almost always a great play though i mean a 6/5 beater is just soooo good. So i like the 2/2 split for that and i feel like 2 double red casting cost of revelar is already hard with all the double blues we play.
Echoing Truth looks great! I love the affect on tokens, and with titi i probably have enough mass bounce
I've been on the fence abt Electrolyze, should it be a one or? and what should i replace it with?
(I also love Young Pyromancer, it broke my heart when i pulled him, if only those tokens where horrors)
I'm also not sure about Thought Scour, reveler and serpent aren't delve so if we put a land or creature in the graveyard it doesn't really help, so i assumed it would be better to set up delver. BUT i do hate that it is at sorcery speed
4 days ago
It's been awhile I haven't worked on a delver list! HOwever, I still do have a few suggestions. ;)
First, the manabase is clearly budget (which is why I won't recommand good ol' Tiago)... But the temples are going against your gameplan. Try to use Sulfur Falls instead since you've got many basics, but Spirebluff Canal and Steam Vents would be far superior options in my opinion.
Also, why are you running two Serpents? If you were going that route, I would much rather use Bedlam Reveler no 3 and 4. Cyclonic Rift is very meh in modern, Echoing Truth would be much better. You'd probably want to play Electrolyze (nice 2 or 3 for 1) as your deck is a bit more focused on casting tons of spells.
Bonus: I still love Young Pyromancer in these decks, but MTGsalv decided that the card isn't good in modern...
 I completely forgot about the most important: you definitively need 4*Thought Scour. I recommand dropping the visions for them.
4 days ago
Otherwise, I think I'd rather have Squelch over Bloodwater Entity or Nimble Obstructionist. Nimble Obstructionist, but it's not as good if you're on the play. You go land -> cantrip/Delver of Secrets Flip, your opponent plays a fetch and passes, you play a land on your turn. At the end of your turn, they try to fetch and you Squelch. Now they're down to 0 lands, your Delver of Secrets Flip has possibly flipped, and things are looking really bad for the opponent.
5 days ago
So the deck should be RU am I right?
Id recommend about 12 creatures and the rest spells.
and 4x a third creature with prowess maybe or any other trigger that gives you value for casting spells it shouldnt cost to much mana though.
4x Vapor Snag
that should pretty much be the trick for a izzet aggro control deck that you want.
6 days ago
Electrolyze and Thermo-Alchemist could help you a bunch! Opt could lead into better card draw as well. Serum Visions might help you also. Lava Spike and Rift Bolt if you want to go more burn. Remand and Izzet Charm would be great counterspells.