|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
Imprint — When Duplicant enters the battlefield, you may exile target nontoken creature. (The exiled card is imprinted on this artifact.)
As long as a card exiled with Duplicant is a creature card, Duplicant has the power, toughness, and creature types of the last creature card exiled with duplicant. It's still a Shapeshifter.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
4 days ago
If you want to go with a more tribal synergy, here are some great cards and shapeshifters (creatures of type shapeshifter are all creature types).
Path of Ancestry
Lazav, the Multifarious
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
Vizier of Many Faces
Rite of Replication
3 weeks ago
Genesis Hydra -> Ulvenwald Hydra
Karametra's Acolyte -> Priest of Titania
Siege Behemoth -> Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
Silklash Spider -> Whiptongue Hydra
World Breaker -> Emrakul, the Promised End
Worldspine Wurm -> Void Winnower
Platinum Angel -> Circuitous Route
Hurricane -> Stonehoof Chieftain
Rampant Growth -> Nature's Claim
Revive -> Noxious Revival
Brittle Effigy -> Duplicant
1 month ago
Thanks for the comments on Spirits Wall.
What do you guys use to value your decks? We use Deckstats.net Un-FLICKING-believable!!!!!!!!!! Deck. $60.82 - Basic Lands $1.10 = $59.72. We always found TCGPlayer.com (Sidebar) was always missing cards (Caution triangle), and was so variable made it unpleasant. Interested to know what you guys settled on.
Rakdos Charm in all honesty is not the best, but it is modular (graveyard protection), and it kills a go-wide token strategy that you indicated to have issues with. Also, or alternatively, you can run board clearing, like Chandra's Ignition or Whipflare.
Ontop of Dualcaster Mage + Ghostly Flicker + Piranha Marsh, Archaeomancer + Peregrine Drake also work.Animate Dead + Worldgorger Dragon can also, but he is high risk. Maybe some additional Tutors to consistently get the Ghostly Flicker.
Rite of Replication + Dualcaster Mage / Naru Meha, Master Wizard is infinite Wizards (Don't even need to kick it). Rite of Replication is good on it's own too, especially with all the ETB's you run. Add a Gray Merchant of Asphodel and that's a win-con (unless the opponent is playing heavy life gain), does 60 damage to each opponent ( x 6 Gray Merchant of Asphodel + 5 triggers) by itself, and you gain 180 life.
I see the mana fixing in the base, but so many tapped lands can slow you down too much. May overcome this with the ramp?
Dinrova Horror I understand he can be a powerhouse, and recurring him makes him good, but High CMC, and can't target yourself (efficiently anyway).
Dreamscape Artist that is a hell of a price to pay, I wouldn't. If it could pull any land maybe, but not basic.
I'm not sure Duplicant is effective enough, and high CMC, for his $ cost in a budget format. There's lots of ETB's to abuse, for sure, he is one of them, but not sure worth it. Would rather have money for a Rite of Replication.
Withered Wretch and Ingot Chewer are ok, but I would rather have a Rakdos Charm, I realize can't flicker them, but those creatures aren't the greatest anyway, and Withered Wretch doesn't benefit from flicker.
I would play but evaluate Discovery / Dispersal, doesn't provide any card advantage, have to see how often it is Surveil a card into the graveyard that you return as a %. If it inconsistently works, I wouldn't run it. If you find your usually recurring the card it throws, or your aggressive enough to dig for a combo piece, might be ok. Hard to evaluate.
Nightscape Familiar is not a terrible ramp, and he has Regenerate, so can block Non-Flample pretty good.
Devastation Tide scares me to, because you probably rebuild your board the slowest (or close to the slowest). I wouldn't want to reset myself, after doing all the ramping work. Might be situational good on occasion, but rarely on a miracle. There is a blue card (not Cyclonic Rift that does opponents stuff, name escapes me now, but it has a very high CMC)
Commit / Memory at CMC4 seems pretty high too. Seems to much, lose the game with it in hand and unable to cast, or saving CMC4 and don't end up using it. Not Flash or anything (other than the copy spell guys) to really utilize the saved mana, or draw, etc. Some with the artifact returns/recur though.
Burnished Hart is really good, I know he doesn't ETB, but if you can recur him, lots of ramping. A little $ expensive too.
Most of your drawing is CMC 3+ which, I understand early turns your playing tapped lands for the most part, so you're slowly moving, then turn 3-5 your trying to draw. You have a couple tutors, but you might get overwhelmed before you can get to it. Luckily in a multi-pod, you'll probably be left alone for a while, but hard to evaluate if your fast enough. Since you restrict to only Tier 4+ commanders, you may have enough time, our league doesn't restrict, just restricts the budget, Animar or Brago, you'd never get ahead of, so you have that going for you!
Razaketh's Rite is high CMC, but the Cycling makes it playable if drawn in opening rounds.
Sever the Bloodline is great for Horde removal too (or indestructible), or Bile Blight. Not sure how often you see it though, we have 1/1 Snake and 2/2 Wolf and */* Vampire in our league. Tragic Slip too (instant speed).
I like the draw on Illusionist's Stratagem but the CMC4 sucks, it's still good though because it triggers the 2 creatures, which you need.
Custodi Lich is awesome (for the extra draw and the sacrifice), but his $ and his CMC5 make him not budget friendly. Plus he many not even get the target your really want to kill, and sorcery speed. Once the Monarch is on the table, if you don't have a way to take it back, you may actually hurt yourself by giving away card advantage.
Good deck idea, like the flicker. +1.
1 month ago
You have some cool cards in your build Hazoret's Favor seems really good with Alesha, and seems to do a lot of what she wants to do
Cards I would add for:
Ramp: As I said before, Ramp in Mardu is not super easy, but can be achieved to a limited degree with artifacts. Rakdos Signet, Boros Signet, Orzhov Signet All three or any two would do. You already have Sol Ring. I might add a Thran Dynamo or Gilded Lotus. Expedition Map is a must Super cheapened grabs you ANY land. Land Tax is great if you get it in your opening hand or possibly in your first two draws...but after that it's kinda bland. You can decide for yourself, I run it in my Alesha, I think it's worth a spot for sure.
Ashnods alter is great because it gives you mana AND sends creatures to your grave yard for repeated use with Alesha. Sword of Feast and Famine is a HOUSE with Alesha...and in general its an amazing card.
Car draw: You can hit double spots (creatures in the graveyard AND card draw) in red with Wheel effects Wheel of Fortune if you have a budget there are other options, just google red cards with wheel effects. I run Faithless Looting for the flashback. Mentor of the Meek will net you a lot of cards, and of course Skullclamp. One time effects like Sign in Blood and Read the Bones can be strong enough to play in a pinch. You are in black, although as third color, so Necropotence is also an option if your a true black mage! And once again, Key to the City is a triforce of awesomeness with an added on card draw.
Removal: In general you want at least 5 single target removal spells in edh. Although I've found that in Alesha more is better as it sometimes takes a few turns to set up your engine. I would run around 7-9. White is your friend with such amazing staples as Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares toss in some Chaos Warp and Mortify for good measure. Return to Dust is also a must have in W. Creatures with removal plastered to them is great with Alesha. I see you already have the all-star player Duplicant, thats great. I would toss in Necrotic Sliver. Stinkweed Imp is pretty damn amazing, too. it'll block anything and kill anything it blocks, then allow you to drop a bunch of cards into your graveyard.
Hopefully that gives you some ideas...I can tell you what I would cut from your deck, if you want, but I'll leave you with this for now :)
1 month ago
Hi. Looks like I posted after you on Commander Deck Help. The thought police will get me if I don't post card recommendations on your deck.
- I'm not sure what Teferi, Temporal Archmage is doing here. Maybe it has some hidden purpose or broken combo I just don't see, but if that's not the case, I would cut that for Proteus Staff.
Scrolling through the comments, it seems like you want to avoid Felidar Guardian. I think this deck would make a great Eldrazi- Hey, wait, hear me out. Aminatou gives topdeck control. She can also blink things. Her ultimate is garbage. All in all, not bad. I think you could take a nice little polymorph route on this. I like free Eldrazi. You should too. Just look through these cards, and tell me what you think.
- Mass Polymorph
- Proteus Staff
- Riptide Shapeshifter
- Synthetic Destiny
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
- Emrakul, the Promised End
- Void Winnower
- It That Betrays
- Blightsteel Colossus
- Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
- Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
...that would be your endgame. For the early and midgame:
- Noxious Gearhulk
- Meddling Mage, depending on your meta
- Champion of Wits
- Riverwise Augur
- Sawtooth Loon
- Bone Shredder
- Big Game Hunter
- Ravenous Chupacabra
- Lyev Skyknight
So, your gameplan would be to play Aminatou on T3, play creatures that kill things/draw cards when they enter, blink them with Aminatou repeatedly to kill opponent's things, draw into counterspells, and generally destroy their will to live. Once you have a comfortable lock, +1 Aminatou and put an eldrazi titan on top, polymorph a draw creature into it.
1 month ago
Your list is already pretty solid. What do you feel your weakness is? I know green doesnt have much permanent removal so maybe a Beast Within?
Not sure why rampaging baloths is in the deck. I would replace it with something that gives you some more immediate value like Ulvenwald Hydra (a tutor to help with consistency), maybe Duplicant for some non-expected removal? Woodland Bellower for some utility, can grab 7 things as of now. Fierce Empath can find fatty wincons and can find the bellower (the bellower can find the empath).
Maybe a crucible with the fetchlands to ensure land drops and recur cradle and myriad landscape? Also helps with topdeck manipulation.
I would say to add sensei's and sol ring but I see you like Null Rod.
1 month ago
As a Transmuter lover, i feel i need to help hahah
- You have many copys of Duplicant, they dont help to get pressure
- Ensoul Artifact is totally slot loss here
- Prototype Portal is too slow and too risky, artifact get hate so easy
- 3 Spine of Ish Sah is a high number, use 1 and add Trading Post
- Trinket Mage not help too much. We have best options like: Talisman, Mind Stone and Everflowing Chalice -which is too good if transmuter cause is 0 CMC- to ramp, in this kind of build, you dont need to get tron online cause want to Transmuter tricks.
Lodestone Golem in a build of artifact rules. Help you to get pressure and slow the enemy. Kuldotha Forgemaster can help you to get the bigboss fast. If you want draw use Thirst for Knowledge over Blue sun's.
1 month ago
Im going to make these suggestions under the assumption that price is not an issue.
- Topdeck Manipulation
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Sensei's Divining Top: Another fantastic artifact for controlling your draws.
- Soothsaying: Topdeck fixer. Cheap enchantment and a good mana sink. Basically a not as good, but cheaper alternative to Scroll Rack.
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Abusing ETB options
- Panharmonicon: Why have one when you can get two? (Double ETB triggers).
- Riverwise Augur: Brainstorm ETB effect.
- Flickerwisp: 3/1 Flier, lets you get another ETB effect from a creature you already played.
- Glimmerpoint Stag: Strictly worse Flickerwisp.
- Conjurer's Closet: Single flicker effect on end step, it is slow and not a top recommendation
- Karmic Guide: Abuse-able graveyard recursion
- Angel of Serenity: Removes 3 cards each ETB and returns to hand instead of battlefield when it leaves.
- Magister Sphinx: Puts target opponent at 10
- Massacre Wurm: Great way to wipe tokens
- Sunblast Angel: Boardwipe ETB
- Pilgrim's Eye: Never miss a land drop ETB
- Mnemonic Wall: Return instants and sorceries from graveyard ETB, also a good wall
- Noxious Gearhulk: Destroys creatures and gains life on ETB
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk: Great way to clear a cluttered board.
- Big Game Hunter/Shriekmaw/Bone Shredder
- Ashen Rider/Angel of Despair
- "Better" spells (ie, better cards that do what cards you have do)
- Teferi's Protection: This card is busted by itself, coupled with your commander's ult and its just unfair.
- Counterbalance: If you have enough topdeck manipulation this can be a powerful card, but i can understand not wanting to run it.
- Homeward Path: Lets you (everyone) get back their creatures but not other non-land permanents
- Saving Grasp
- Supplant Form
- Mystical Tutor/Enlightened Tutor/Vampiric Tutor: One mana tutors that put the card on top of your library. I would definitely run Mystical Tutor at least.
- Fabricate: Tutors an artifact. Highly recommended should you buy the Scroll Rack or other good artifacts (Not worth it if all you have are mana rocks)
- Chromatic Lantern: Still the best 3 drop mana rock for multicolored decks
- Voidwalk: Another means to get your creatures back after you ult
Cards that I would consider taking out
- Primordial Mist: Clunky and slow and you have pretty much removed all of the other manifest cards it doesnt really fit.
- Jeskai Infiltrator: Another manifest card
- Enigma Sphinx: It is very expensive card for a 5/4 body, even with flying. It has no ETB effect to abuse (since you have to cast to get the cascade effect).
- Sphinx of Jwar Isle: Unnecessary Effect
- Conundrum Sphinx: There are far better and cheaper card draw effects... Loyal Drake for example
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Expensive for a Fact or Fiction