|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
Imprint — When Duplicant enters the battlefield, you may exile target nontoken creature. (The exiled card is imprinted on this artifact.)
As long as a card exiled with Duplicant is a creature card, Duplicant has the power, toughness, and creature types of the last creature card exiled with duplicant. It's still a Shapeshifter.
|Have (9)||Zyrook , , LordBlackblade , mazrimtaim , metalmagic , gosora , scotchtapedsleeve , goodair , Bluboltar|
|Want (9)||Zarathustra77 , moochface , paragon22 , chris.krone , Mako , Cutlass12 , Daddy1ong1egs13 , phoenixfreeze , Fiacho|
1 day ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
1 week ago
I played around with a similar build in my play group and had some feedback from experience:
This list runs a lot of targeted creature removal on high-cmc bodies, but lacks responses to non-creature-heavy decks. I put in Mesmeric Fiend and Thought-Knot Seer as more general removal instead of Duplicant and Ravenous Chupacabra . I usually ended up tutoring and reoccurring Meteor Golem , so even Noxious Gearhulk seemed a bit redundant. I'm considering replacing it with Brain Maggot .
Vulturous Aven surprised me and actually performed really well. With a few recursions, this was reliable, under-the-radar card draw that also acted as a sac-outlet for Kokusho, the Evening Star when reanimated together. Considering adding Dusk Legion Zealot and/or Disciple of Bolas for more ETB card draw. I might also replace Phyrexian Arena for another ETB card draw creature or probably just Dark Confidant
I put in Viscera Seer for the reliable, cheap sac outlet on a body (with card filtering).
When playing opponents' cards from Gonti, they go straight to their graveyards, which often creates a powerful disincentive to using the main ability of the deck. For graveyard control, I'm looking for a place for Heap Doll and Withered Wretch . This lets me play opponents' cards with Gonti and then instantly exile them before someone drops something like Snapcaster Mage.
Adjusted the land base and ramp to include Fellwar Stone , Exotic Orchard , and Mox Opal to give more options for using activated abilities of opponents' permanents. Used Gonti to steal a Deadeye Navigator , which was hilarious and awesome.
Finally, the real fun/value/intrigue of Gonti from the games I played revolved around the mystery of what cards I'd exiled with Gonti, and less on what goodstuff creatures might be lurking in my graveyard. My opponents were always flipping through their decks when they tutored, looking to see if I snatched away key cards. The combo players at the table were especially anxious. I loved it. I put in Praetor's Grasp and Bitter Ordeal to play to this strength.
Great deck and definitely recommend anyone checking out this list give it a shot!
2 weeks ago
Hey there! Let’s see if I can help...
Mana-Doublers: I’d start with Crypt Ghast and Bubbling Muck . Cheap and efficient. Definitely somewhere to start. If you have some cash to spend, invest in Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth . That combo doubles all your lands since they all become swamps so your islands would produce U + B, and swamps would produce B + B.
Chill would be a dope sidebord card to use when you play against that mono-red deck.
A crazy idea and a stunt I like to pull in one of my decks is run Tunnel Vision to use on yourself as a tutor (the card you name ends up on top of your library) and then you’re also putting cards in your graveyard which is what you want to do.
+1 good luck!
2 weeks ago
That's about all I see on this wave.
3 weeks ago
A massive update this time. One that I'm very excited about. Here are the changes:
- Gilded Lotus -> Fanatical Firebrand
- Sword of the Animist -> Swiftfoot Boots
- Mana Crypt -> Thermo-Alchemist
- Neheb, the Eternal -> Pilgrim's Eye
- Abyssal Persecutor -> Coldsteel Heart
- Dire Fleet Ravager -> Rune-Scarred Demon
- Fiery Confluence -> Painful Truths
- Olivia Voldaren -> Goblin Fireslinger
- Damnation -> Damnable Pact
- Steel Hellkite -> It That Betrays
- Bojuka Bog -> Smoldering Marsh
- Oppression -> Artisan of Kozilek
- Rakdos, the Showstopper -> Theater of Horrors
- Sol Ring -> Lobber Crew
- Flame Rift -> Gamble
- Rakdos Charm -> Lotus Petal
- Duplicant -> Walking Ballista
- Scourge of the Throne -> Void Winnower
- Bloodgift Demon -> Mask of Memory
- Kokusho, the Evening Star -> Painful Lesson
- Oblivion Stone -> Necropotence
- Risk Factor -> Dark Ritual
- Whip of Erebos -> Plague Spitter
- Heartless Hidetsugu -> Arguel's Blood Fast Flip
Overall, the deck is faster and more consistent. Here's a summary of changes by card category:
- direct damage is now at lower cmc
- -1 Ramp
- +1 protection/haste
- +2 tutor
- +5 draw
- +1 anti-control
- -4 Creature removal
- -2 graveyard hate
- -1 discard
- -1 extra attack
- -1 lifegain/recursion
- +1 removal
So the changes overall are lower cmc, more draw and tutor, less creature removal and less utility (graveyard hate, extra attacks, etc.) Overall, the early turn plays to get direct damage and get Rakdos out are far more prevalent. The deck is more aggressive and more focused now, and plays much smoother.
And yes, this is the only deck I have where I've taken out Sol Ring . It's simply better to have only colored mana in order to cast Rakdos as consistently as possible!
3 weeks ago
Hmm, yes, you are right. I misread that. Karn is probably going away than, leaves space open for Duplicant .
3 weeks ago
Interesting take. I actually removed Sage of Fables from the list, because I have only 3 wizards in entire deck, abd it is not too consistent. Noxious Gearhulk has dreaded lifegain (I struggled quiet a bit with lifelink on 6/6 army from Dreadhorde Invasion , and had to sac it on 5/5) and 7cmc is not something I am excited about. I considered creature-based removal in face of Ravenous Chupacabra , but ultimately decided against it. Will probably put in Duplicant though, because his mimic ability is amazing again stompy. Honestly, not thrilled about Carrion Feeder . He needs a lot of sacrificial fodder, unlike Yahenni, Undying Partisan .
I also remembered why I actulaay put Karn, the Great Creator in deck. With his +2 loyalty lands become 0/0, and any creature with activated ability is switched off.
3 weeks ago
I've been trying to remember how I built my old Marchesa deck because I never got around to writing the list down before taking the list apart.
I remember having a small Wizards package. Sage of Fables was important because it made Marchesa enter the battlefield with a counter already on it. Puppeteer Clique and Glen Elendra Archmage became infinite sac fodder with the Sage out. Viscera Seer was one of my sac outlets. Snapcaster Mage for reusing spells. And Vedalken AEthermage could tutor up any of those cards.
Carrion Feeder was one of my favorite sac outlets because being able to put counters on itself made it hard for opponents to get rid of.
I won by either setting up an infinite sac combo that killed with Goblin Bombardment , grinding opponents down with Flayer of the Hatebound , or creating a massive board by stealing opponent's dead creatures with Sepulchral Primordial .
Duplicant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%