|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Shapeshifter
Imprint - When Duplicant enters the battlefield, you may remove target nontoken creature from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)
As long as a creature card is imprinted on Duplicant, Duplicant has the power, toughness, and creature types of the last creature card imprinted on it. It's still a Shapeshifter.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||Fooo , Vasbear1 , TheRealPeaches , kpral , Big-Foot , Lucretian , jwitzleben , Riku580 , , Shiromakuro , NOGzFTW , Hootiequack , Roadhog , Nemesis , ironax , mcstang1986 , kaboomeow , bakeraj4 , metlguy , TheAlmostHero , AlucardZain , Orypool , itheoryz , Bluboltar , mycheze , beatdown36 , ExaByteOctopus , TheRealSpecialK , goodair , gildan_bladeborn , MagnaAura , Axtel , cklise , ecurps , sneferie|
|Want (38)||accioali , fireborne1986 , psoliver , MementoMuffin , Amarel , Linx1550 , kovellen , buildingadeck , zomburs , Skydra2 , kvfd1719 , essex0619 , cubandoc , samuelianstorm , jarjar102 , upgraded , arthurxisde , DarthMeatloaf , bbtancakes , Desol4tion , Jose_Arrogantio , B4rberblacksheep , theilluminaire , metalevolence , Daenyth , sleepy104 , cdgalucard , ryuzaki32667 , Rathe , Roxmysox32 , xander025 , Hayliiel , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , Didgeridooda , Loading_Error , Stevodays , Va1mar , STYKE|
2 days ago
There are a few ways to get around protection-from-white when you're running mono-white.
Protection doesn't help against mass removal, like Wrath of God.
Godsend doesn't target, so you can use its ability to exile the creature with protection.
Lastly, I'd suggest Overwhelming Splendor. It is a beautiful hate-card, and it shuts down morph.
4 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
5 days ago
Damn that Wonder is a spicy include, I totally overlooked it before and I absolutely need one for now.
Living Death has put up results when I played it since I aim to have as many creatures in the yard as I can, which usually ends up being far more than any of our opponents, sometimes even more than them combined. Don't forget a lot of our creatures come in with EtB kill abilities, so consider this is on our turn we can arrange the stack as we want, meaning we can have those creatures go off first. Having a Phyrexian Obliterator, Duplicant, Hostage Taker, and Overseer of the Damned come in and wipe the 4 biggest threats on the board really makes Living Death more viable than you'd think, and with cards like Buried Alive you can pick and choose what you want on your board after the LD. Plus, you can always rip problem cards out early using SG's ability. Your meta might be more creature-heavy though, so be careful if so.
Keep running that Zombie Apocalypse btw if you like it. EDH is the flavor over function format and it's not a bad card at all, especially if you're running as many zombies as you are. My build barely runs any zombies at this point so I saw no success with it, but that card has a ridiculously high ceiling in a deck like this so have fun with it.
I hear you on the Cabal Coffers thing btw. I wanted one for a long time when I first got back into the game, but the more I play it the more I realize how much it sucks for me outside of mono decks. Crypt of Agadeem is where it's at and I'm happy to see it in this list.
So yeah, def like where this is going. Got some real spicy includes with cards like Training Grounds (which I want but am too cheap for after finishing off my modern decks) and Curse of the Bloody Tome which I'm gonna find some ways to add in. Really digging this list though, looks great.
1 week ago
For around the $30 mark you should certainly be able to get the following cards: Duplicant, Thopter Assembly, Kuldotha Forgemaster, Platinum Angel, Metalwork Colossus, Darksteel Colossus, Colossus of Akros, Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient, Blinkmoth Urn, Pia's Revolution, Buried Ruin, Inventors' Fair, Hellkite Tyrant, Nevinyrral's Disk, Jhoira's Familiar, Foundry Inspector, Thran Temporal Gateway, Copper Gnomes and Unwinding Clock.
I have seen all of these guys do a lot of work for a Daretti deck and all of them are relavtively affordable for this first batch. I did the math and it is around the $30 for all of the above cards on TCGPlayer.
For future upgrades though I will recommend cards like: Rings of Brighthearth, Blightsteel Colossus, Darksteel Forge, Mycosynth Lattice, Platinum Emperion, Vedalken Orrery, Metalworker, Krark-Clan Ironworks Mindslaver, Karn, Scion of Urza and Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Hopefully that helps out!
3 weeks ago
Your deck title caught my eye and I had to see what the heck it was! haha
This seems really fun! The noncreature spells look on point. The ones that stand out a bit though are the two planeswalkers. They're kinda high cmc and don't really interact with your commander or game plan
+1 from me! I've always wanted to build Meren! Feel free to check out some of my decks and +1
3 weeks ago
Hey, would you do:
Temple of Abandon
Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
Dictate of the Twin Gods
Scourge of Fleets
Search for Tomorrow
1 month ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
1 month ago
Do you find yourself needing one time card draw effects Ambition's Cost or Read the Bones? I have usually opted to not run those types of effects in my Erebos deck, they always seemed lackluster when I could simply activate Erebos on end step and keep gas coming. That said, I think it's good to run at least some cards like that - I think I should probably be running Disciple of Bolas like you are, gaining life to keep fueling Erebos has a lot of upside.
Also, you listed Duplicant as a possible cut - I'd at least encourage you to keep it, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of mine. It's great to have a clean answer to indestructible creatures since a lot of your other removal doesn't work against that, and it plays really well with the graveyard recursion.