Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.36||$1.38||$6.75||$3.99||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (29)||TheHorse , PTsmitty , StrugglePeter , jwe94 , lttrevor , addaff , pskinn01 , Spinalripper , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , LabRattKing , nocsha , nintendowryyy , mcstang1986 , anubis1ra1 , Flacura , MindAblaze , miracle , Hellhawk , Mazzuno , mymanpotsandpans , Comicalflop , Vergil_Redgrail , ironax , gurthang034 , much-doge , TheDevicer , Tanis44 , B1ITZ3D , nutellaisgreaterthanlife|
|Want (2)||army88strong , Galdelonian|
Desecration Demon Discussion
9 hours ago
QuackAttack I don't think Battle Brawler is efficient enough for me to run.
MrBiggieD I feel like i should be able to kill them fast enough with my deck, before they draw twice with Master of the Feast, I may place Desecration Demon in the sideboard to replace it in match-ups where my opponent may play something like Pacifism which nullifies the card without removing it from the field, allowing them to retain the card draw. Your sideboard seems a tad slow for me to run, do you have any recommendations for cards to have in my sideboard that aren't too slow for my deck? Also, you have a pretty good deck which I believe deserves a +1.
10 hours ago
I have to disagree with playing the master over the demon. Simply because if control decks are an issue, the last thing you want to give them is card advantage. Control decks live off of card advantage and you're giving it right to them. I've been running an orzhov deck that uses Desecration Demon as a finisher and rarely run into issues. If you're looking for sideboard help, feel free to check out my deck
Deck: I'm not even sorry.
It has a decent "catch all" sideboard that you can take to most FNMs and have an answer for most things.
1 day ago
MrBiggieD I feel like Desecration Demon does poorly against control because of boardwipes, mainly wrath. It's possible that it won't do too bad, but my concern is that it takes an extra turn to get out while Master of the Feast attacks on the turn that Desecration Demon would get in, and even then, it's not guaranteed to attack, because they might sacrifice a 1/1 or something weak to keep it tapped often, making the play mostly a waste of mana.
1 day ago
Red getting Divination for one mana is pretty lawls, disregarding the discarding. It just means now when red starts to get even the hint of the flood coming in they'll just hold back a land instead of playing it out. This draw spell and that enchantment that shocks at the cost of a land and a mana will make red them some extra lands, which is a nice shift for red in standard.
Still not convinced about that Erebos titan is strong. Don't mean to say its bad, but it's no where near the power level of obliterator or Desecration Demon (during MBD's hay day) that ppl have compared it to. All of its abilities have answers that happen naturally as part of an opponent's plan. On the plus side of the ledger, it eats up a rhino in combat like a fat kid on cheesecake, and I think we can all agree that's a noble pursuit.
1 day ago
1 day ago
I'd go with a 2nd Origins box if you have a means to unload it quickly. Otherwise I would go with RTR. There is tons of playable cards. Supreme Verdict Lotleth Troll Detention Sphere Golgari Charm Sphinx's Revelation Jace, Architect of Thought Vraska the Unseen Abrupt Decay, shocks Deathrite Shaman Desecration Demon
2 days ago
i actually had a playset of Desecration Demon not too long ago. I replaced them with Vampire Nighthawk to lower mana curve. I'll have a look again. I'll definitely look into adding some of the control cards you recommended. Thanks for the advice Yuri200X!
2 days ago
i think, since you are doing a budget mono-black, you could try to do a control-ish deck... let me show the cards i would suggest:
Mire's Toll - this one in the mid-late game is very nice if your opponent is holding cards in hand. In the first turns it become "discard a card", but it's power hits a peak on the 3rd-5th turn and overall it is a nice discard card
Liliana's Specter hits for 2 and in the early turns it is bothersome for your opponent to deal with. Plus, 2 devotion! YAY!
Ravenous Rats i think is an interesting card: you can trade it with small fry on combat (or at least it is a blocker). Plus, again, discard your opponent, b*tch! :v
Liliana's Reaver i like this card. never seen a modern competitive play it, but. well. i like it, ok?
Geth's Verdict, this is so cool against decks that usually have a single fatty on the field.
Crystal Ball, i don't really know about this one. i think if you ever run this card, it would be nice to be a 1-of, i think. it is budget and kinda gives you a card advantage on which card you'll draw.
Duress, you yourself put it in the current version of the deck, and i think you did it because you know how powerful this card is. enough said.
Smother takes out pretty much any decent creature in modern. I mean... it is kinda a creature-only version of Abrupt Decay. Your opponent may still counter it, but DANG! 2 mana, takes out SO MANY STUFF.
Doom Blade is very nice as well, takes out MANY THINGS
Bojuka Bog is cool for a 1-of in the maindeck
Victim of the night takes down many stuff too
Gatekeeper of Malakir is a pain to deal with
Despise is nice depending on the metagame you are dealing with
Augur of Skulls seems interesting on some lists
Dismember is one of the best removals in a mono-black list. since you can use it with only 1 land untapped
Drown in Sorrow is an excelent board sweeper with a scry bonus.
Memoricide i've seen it being played in competitive modern decks.
Disfigure sees a lot of play as well.
Corrupt can be a win-condition
Tendrils of Corruption can be used to destroy some things and replenish a little life.
Tombstalker isn't exactly budget, but it still is a nice finisher. or you could use Desecration Demon as well, i guess. But the Squelching Leeches are nice too. maybe do a 2-1 for Squelching Leeches and Nightmare since the later has flying.
ANYWAY, that's just an idea i'm giving. I'm basing it on many similar Mono-Blacks i've seen playing modern on a budget. And the decks i've seen would be as strong as Tier 2. which is pretty amazing for a budget deck.
Goooooooooood Luck and ask away if you got any questions
|Power / Toughness||6/6|
|Avg. draft pick||1.03|
|Avg. cube pick||7.74|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica||Rare|
- Desecration Demon + Triton Tactics
- Desecration Demon + Mogis, God of Slaughter + Rogue's Passage
- Desecration Demon + Havoc Festival + Mogis, God of Slaughter
- Desecration Demon + Grave Betrayal + Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Desecration Demon + Rakdos, Lord of Riots
- Desecration Demon + Kiora's Follower
- Desecration Demon + Oona's Blackguard
- Desecration Demon + Varolz, the Scar-Striped
- Burst of Strength + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Savage Surge
- Desecration Demon + Hidden Strings
- Desecration Demon + Hidden Strings + Quicken
- Desecration Demon + Paranoid Delusions
- Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver + Desecration Demon + Wall of Frost
- Blood Artist + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Herald of Torment + Master of the Feast
- Desecration Demon + Vigean Graftmage
- Desecration Demon + Nightveil Specter
- Desecration Demon + Devour Flesh
- Desecration Demon + Gift of Orzhova + Sanguine Bond
- Desecration Demon + Thousand-Year Elixir
- Desecration Demon + Generator Servant
- Abyssal Persecutor + Desecration Demon + Rune-Scarred Demon
- Away + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Disciple of Bolas + Hatred
- Curse of Stalked Prey + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Harvester of Souls + Reaper from the Abyss
- Desecration Demon + Pestermite
- Desecration Demon + Dream's Grip
- Alms Beast + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Reaper from the Abyss
- Desecration Demon + Necroskitter
- Desecration Demon + Kulrath Knight
- Abyssal Persecutor + Desecration Demon
- Desecration Demon + Pack Rat + Vampire Nighthawk
- Desecration Demon + Reaper from the Abyss + Sheoldred, Whispering One
- Desecration Demon + Perilous Myr + Phyrexian Obliterator
- Desecration Demon + Eternal Thirst
- Desecration Demon + Geth's Verdict
- Desecration Demon + Gatekeeper of Malakir
- Agent of the Fates + Desecration Demon