Creature — Minotaur WizardWhenever Boros Reckoner is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.R/W: Boros Reckoner gains first strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.17 TIX||0.45 TIX|
|Have (25)||mcstang1986 , cjk191997 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , almerican , asasinater13 , actiontech , jcv13 , davidmassee , TheRedMage , MythicLegend , AlbinoLion , Raistlin911822 , TheHroth , clowe304433 , deatn1342 , Mazzuno , 8BitNecromancer , anubis1ra1 , MrShhh , WUBRG... , AzulHunter , HalcyonMTG , darkside420 , samk125 , Comicalflop|
|Want (5)||Kryzis , swkelly89 , reddead405 , bradyofportdetroit , abdulbaqr|
Boros Reckoner Discussion
10 hours ago
No. A hybrid mana symbol is both of the indicated colors. Boros Reckoner is both red and white (in terms of color and color identity). As such, it may only be played in an EDH deck that has a / general.
Similarly, Warden of the First Tree may not be included in any deck that is not //.
Because EDH is a social format, though, you may ask your playgroup if they would allow you to play these cards in decks that don't include both of their hybrid colors.
10 hours ago
So if you are playing edh can you run a card like Boros Reckoner in a deck that includes only one of the two colors
I also have a similar question for Warden of the First Tree can I run him in a deck where I'm not running black and activate his abilities
2 days ago
I'm just trying to help you out.
202.2c An object with two or more different colored mana symbols in its mana cost is each of the colors of those mana symbols. Most multicolored cards are printed with a gold frame, but this is not a requirement for a card to be multicolored.
202.2d An object with one or more hybrid mana symbols and/or Phyrexian mana symbols in its mana cost is all of the colors of those mana symbols, in addition to any other colors the object might be.
Shattering Blow is identified as red and white, red or white. Thus, you can't run it when your commander is straight Red.
I tried running Boros Reckoner in my mono white deck and got shut down because of the mana color rule. The one way you can get around this rule is if it has an Extort cost like, Blind Obedience. Even though you can pay white or black, it's a reminder rule. That's why I can run it in my mono white deck. That's the only exception that I can think of.
Krenko is CMC 4. He is 2 colorless, Red, Red. CMC is everything. Not just the mana symbols, but also the total mana cost to cast the card.
202.3. The converted mana cost of an object is a number equal to the total amount of mana in its mana cost, regardless of color.
Example: A mana cost of 3UU translates to a converted mana cost of 5.
I hope this helps. Best of luck!
3 days ago
Boros Reckoner is not legal in an edh deck with a mono red commander. Hybrid mana gives him a color identity of red and white, and he needs to be only red. Other than that it looks to be a good deck. Cheers
4 days ago
5 days ago
Combust is my saving grace vs Twin. Almost feel like I should run Boros Reckoner over Brimaz for the sweet synergy
5 days ago
The problem with Minotaurs in Standard is that all of the good ones are 3 drops. With Boros Reckoner no longer in the format, I have a hard time seeing how it could be viable.
|Power / Toughness||3/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.18|
|Avg. cube pick||11.29|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion + Whip of Erebos
- Anger of the Gods + Boros Reckoner + Gift of Orzhova
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Lifelink
- Azorius Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Azorius Charm + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Legion Loyalist
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath
- Boros Reckoner + Iroas, God of Victory
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Hopeful Eidolon + Rootborn Defenses
- Boros Reckoner + Fall of the Hammer
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Gift of Orzhova
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods + Fated Conflagration
- Boros Reckoner + Mortal's Ardor
- Archangel of Thune + Boros Reckoner
- Vizkopa Guildmage + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Fated Conflagration
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Ajani's Presence + Boros Reckoner
- Athreos, God of Passage + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Spiteful Returned
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner + Spitemare
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Spirit Link
- Boros Reckoner + Satyr Firedancer
- Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion
- Boros Reckoner + Spite of Mogis
- Boros Reckoner + Madcap Skills
- Boros Reckoner + Godsend
- Boros Reckoner + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath + Lightning Axe
- Boros Reckoner + Nomads en-Kor
- Shivan Meteor + Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Reckoner + Pyroclasm
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Flame Javelin + Lightning Bolt
- Boros Reckoner + Inferno
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Guilty Conscience
- Angel's Grace + Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Harvest Pyre
- Boros Reckoner + Felhide Petrifier
- Boros Reckoner + Skred
- Boros Reckoner + Lifelink
- Boros Reckoner + Pariah
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Unflinching Courage