Creature — Minotaur WizardWhenever Boros Reckoner is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.R/W: Boros Reckoner gains first strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price||Normal||Foil|
|0.08 TIX||0.25 TIX|
Boros Reckoner Discussion
2 days ago
2 days ago
Thanks NoviceMagician for the comments!
For some weird reason, I thought that Boros Charm was already in this deck. It will definitely find a place.
Boros Reckoner was originally in this deck, but I took him out because he didn't really do much but dissuade the opponent from attacking. I actually like the opponent to attack, because then I can surprise him/her with Deflecting Palm and send all that damage right back! If the Reckoner is on the battlefield, I won't be able to damage them since they won't attack.
Wow, I didn't see that Blind Obedience combo with Aurelia. That should definitely comme in handy!
Five-Alarm Fire is a hard choice. I can't deny its usefulness in this deck, but I also feel like I could do much better things for three mana (such as make Figure of Destiny a 4/4, which pays off much more later).
I'm actually thinking of making some major changes to this deck, so would you mind checking it out after the next update? Thanks a lot!
2 days ago
I really like this deck, however, I also don't. The thing I like is that I believe it is already pretty d**n good, which brings me to what I don't like. I don't like that I have many suggestions for you, but can't figure out what cards you could drop for them, because I already love the set-up you have. So, I can give you card suggestions, but I don't know what cards you would drop for the changes.
Boros Charm- Great because of its low cost and offers three different effects that all fit into this deck.
Boros Reckoner- Also good because it is only a three mana drop that is a 3/3 with an ability that gives it first strike, that alone is enough to play it in this deck. But, it goes even further by its constant effect that'll intimidate opponents to prevent being blocked.
Blind Obedience- It's effect combos well with Aurelia, the Warleader because your opponents creatures that entered tapped won't be able to block for multiple combats. Along with extort, Blind Obedience makes a great enchantment for only two mana.
Five-Alarm Fire- Would be a pretty good addition because you'll be dealing combat damage all the time, so, with this card, you'll also be dealing five more damage all the time, and can directly reduce opponent's HP.
Again, although I have four suggestions, it is hard for me to figure out which cards you could drop, so I'll get back to you on that, if you're still want help for the deck that is. Also, as a unrelated sidenote, you may want to change this from being a Standard to a Modern deck because you already have way too many standard illegal cards.
4 days ago
So I was wondering what the difference between SP and LP is for you, just curious.How's this sound
Me: Angel of Serenity - 1.75
Argothian Enchantress - 14.26
2X Baleful Strix PC - 4.59
Beacon of Unrest - 3.72
Bear Umbra - 3.28
2X Boros Reckoner - 2.32
Elvish Harbinger - 2.35
Go for the Throat - 1.99
Honor of the Pure - 1.45
2X Isochron Scepter - 4.39
2X Myr Superion - .99
Phyrexian Metamorph - 4.76
Reins of Power - .56
Solemn Simulacrum - 2.9
Student of Warfarefoil - 4.17
Swords to Plowshares - 2.38
Chief Engineer - .99
Spear of Heliod - .49
Shadowborn Demon - 1.5
Felidar Umbra - 2.92
Erebos, God of the Dead - 3.79
Glen Elendra Liege - 2.01
Wrexial, the Risen Deep - 1.49
2X False Cure - 1.23
Emeria, The Sky Ruin - 1.02
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis - 1.00
Ruhan of the Fomori - 1.00
Ugin's Nexus - .78
Frost Titan - .80
Horde of Notions - .68
Yore-Tiller Nephilim - .65
You: Azusa, Lost but Seeking - 22.44
4X Forked Bolt - 4.93
2X Inkmoth Nexus - 9.0
2X Serum Visions - 7.08
2X Shattering Spree - 3.85
Smash to Smithereens - 4.34 (I only have chinese and italian versions of these, your choice)
6 days ago
Snow-Covered Mountain count as basic lands. Skred deals ridiculous damage later in the game, thus why Boros Reckoner is such a key card in this deck. Scrying Sheets is fine where it is because if it's not being affected by a blood moon, it makes dead mana as a peak on the top of the deck. Otherwise, its just a mountain because it doesn't change its super type of being snow, and I get to use it as such. There's no real down side to it.
1 week ago
Yea, the shop isn't one I go to frequently because it doesn't have too many people that play Modern but I'm friends with the owner. He's out of touch with the prices of a few things (I've seen Merciless Eviction for $4 and Boros Reckoner for $15 among others), and today when I went to get some he said, "Yea, I think I have a few. They're like a dollar each." I didn't say anything, naturally, but I'm still amazed. Still, I feel a bit bad about taking a ~$30 set of cards for $4.
1 week ago
Hmmmm.... The amount of Planeswalkers seems Bananas!
Your Instants are fantastic.
Boros Reckoner is fine.
You have other options too, personally If I was running 4x of a 3 drop creature, it would be
1 week ago
Yes I realise that. It lacks draw, but it has cards that answer 2 or 3 or more creatures at a time. That's the trade off.
I just don't know much about Chandra as a planeswlaker because red isn't usually my colour. I'll need to test.
|Power / Toughness||3/3|
|Avg. draft pick||1.18|
|Avg. cube pick||11.72|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion + Whip of Erebos
- Anger of the Gods + Boros Reckoner + Gift of Orzhova
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Lifelink
- Azorius Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Azorius Charm + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Legion Loyalist
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath
- Boros Reckoner + Iroas, God of Victory
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Hopeful Eidolon + Rootborn Defenses
- Boros Reckoner + Fall of the Hammer
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Gift of Orzhova
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods + Fated Conflagration
- Boros Reckoner + Mortal's Ardor
- Archangel of Thune + Boros Reckoner
- Vizkopa Guildmage + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Fated Conflagration
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Ajani's Presence + Boros Reckoner
- Athreos, God of Passage + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Spiteful Returned
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner + Spitemare
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Spirit Link
- Boros Reckoner + Satyr Firedancer
- Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion
- Boros Reckoner + Spite of Mogis
- Boros Reckoner + Madcap Skills
- Boros Reckoner + Godsend
- Boros Reckoner + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Reckoner + Furnace of Rath + Lightning Axe
- Boros Reckoner + Nomads en-Kor
- Shivan Meteor + Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods
- Boros Reckoner + Dictate of the Twin Gods + Shivan Meteor
- Boros Reckoner + Pyroclasm
- Blasphemous Act + Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner
- Boros Reckoner + Flame Javelin + Lightning Bolt
- Boros Reckoner + Inferno
- Boros Charm + Boros Reckoner + Guilty Conscience
- Angel's Grace + Boros Reckoner + Volcano Hellion
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight + Blasphemous Act + Boros Reckoner