Ranger-Captain of Eos
Creature — Human Soldier
When Ranger-Captain of Eos enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Sacrifice Ranger-Captain of Eos: Your opponents can't cast noncreature spells this turn.
|Want (3)||AXEL12340 , btmalon , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ranger-Captain of Eos Discussion
3 days ago
I do want to know what is the reasoning behind mainboard Surgical Extraction.
3 days ago
Mistveil Plains and Chance for Glory, in conjunction with Sunforger and Angel's Grace, will allow you to take a couple extra turns. With enough mana and a way to untap Mistveil (e.g. Deserted Temple), or just something like Junktroller, you can even take infinite turns!
Sunforger can find Tithe which can find mistveil, so the setup is actually pretty easy once you have Sunforger. Deserted Temple could be found with Expedition Map or Weathered Wayfarer, who in turn can be found by all sorts of rangers/recruiters (if you wanted to dedicate more of the deck to being a Boros infinite turns combo haha): Ranger of Eos, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Recruiter of the Guard, Imperial Recruiter.
6 days ago
Thank you very much for all the nice suggestions, king-saproling!
- Tome of Legends: Hmm, the commander chosen at the moment is pretty expensive mana wise. I don't think this card will draw many cards.
- Bonders' Enclave: There aren't that many fattys in this deck, so this will act as a worse Plains.
- Arch of Orazca: This could actually be alright! Considering it.
- Throne of the High City: This could be good if the pillow fort is actually working, will have to analyze if I can withstand the pressure of being the monarch for several turns.
- Palace Jailer: Same as Throne of the High City.
- Helm of the Host: Not sure that any creature itself in this deck would be good enough to clone for this mana cost?
- Leonin Warleader: This card is too aggressive for this deck.
- Hero of Bladehold: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Conqueror's Galleon Flip: Same as Leonin Warleader.
- Cathars' Crusade: No more room for pump in the deck if we still want control of the board.
- Requiem Angel: Not bad... but there is enough token generation, which I deem as better than this.
- Recruiter of the Guard: This is very good! Very much considering.
- Ranger-Captain of Eos: There's only one target for this.. not enough.
- Kormus Bell/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth/Expedition Map: This seems to be take all or none. I cannot find three cards to substitute to make room for these three, even though the "combo" is alright.
Once again, thanks for all the suggestions!
6 days ago
Love to see Lapse of Certainty! You might like these: Tome of Legends, Bonders' Enclave, Arch of Orazca, Throne of the High City, Palace Jailer, Helm of the Host, Leonin Warleader, Hero of Bladehold, Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Cathars' Crusade, Requiem Angel (good with tokens in general, really nice with Divine Visitation), Recruiter of the Guard, Ranger-Captain of Eos, Kormus Bell, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Expedition Map
1 week ago
I would recommend updating this list. I personally like Bloom Tender it can possibly tap for bant.
2 weeks ago
Ok folks my last two trade posts were mostly unsuccessful but I'm not letting that stop me! I need a few cards for a deck I'm building in addition to the multitude of cards I am ALWAYS trading for!
The cards I am looking to acquire with the highest priority are a single copy of the following (any version):
- Giver of Runes
- Mother of Runes
- Steelshaper's Gift
- Walking Ballista
- Daxos the Returned
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned
- Ranger-Captain of Eos
- Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
- Teferi's Protection
- Thousand-Year Elixir
- Rugged Prairie
- Sunbaked Canyon
- Arid Mesa
- Bloodstained Mire
- Marsh Flats
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
These are all in the wants of my binder, linked here. I'm fairly confident I currently have the binder with the most unique entries on the site with no junk commons/uncommons, so pretty much everything should either be a rare/mythic or a semi-playable card in commander or other formats. Please take a look, and let me know if we can work something out! As a fun little bonus, if we end up trading, guess the commander whose deck will include all of the above cards! If you guess correctly, I will trade 10% more value worth of cards than I receive (example: You send $50 worth of cards and I send $55 worth)
3 weeks ago
Barbarian_Sun_Pope thanks! its pretty fun to play and I really would like to playtest this further. Also if you hadnt noticed, I have the Hex Parasite main deck because of Luminous Broodmoth. Lets me do stuff like sacking Ranger-Captain of Eos to bring it back with he moth, then remove the flying counter with the hex and sacking it to fetch again. Or do something crazy like you said, with Martyr, sac it, bring it back with moth, sac it again, cast it with lurrus, sac it again, moth brings it back a 4th time and keep going until no more mana lol. I have been experimenting adding a Giver of Runes on to the list because of the protection to color or colorless which is pretty big imo.