|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Furnace of Rath
If a source would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Lucretian , Supremespeed , Spinalripper , wizardpch , Suns_Champion , mziter501 , geazykagar , Thunderbeard , Venser_the_Sojoner , Dr.Jackel , Kravian , Bad_Dog , Mousemke , Riku580 , sonnet666 , jhTheMan99 , Ashy , awalloftext , ironax|
|Want (18)||TotalSundae , richardmv , PUfelix85 , Minimatte , snoopywashere , shootersam12 , Darklowi , DracosDraconian , Wizidross , kingness701 , oryandaw , Deathlazer , diestoremoval , goodair , tristanishappy , insanious , Ariumlegion , theilluminaire|
Furnace of Rath Discussion
2 days ago
- Vandalize, + Abrade
- SoFi, + Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of the Animist, + Hammer of Nazahn
- Duergar Hedge-Mage, + Primal Amulet Flip
- Phyrexian Processor, + Furnace of Rath
- Taj-Nar Swordsmith, + Heartless Hidegetsu
- Stoneforge Mystic, + Fire Servant
- Ritual of Rejuvination, + Revitalize
- Nahiri, the Harbinger, + Young Pyromancer
- Ray of Distortion, + Charmbreaker Devils
- Reaping the Rewards, + Reverberate
Also find room for Righteous Confluence Fiery Confluence Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant Blaze Commando Radiate Jaya Ballard Braid of Fire Dictate of the Twin Gods Runechanter's Pike Dualcaster Mage Dual Casting Reiterate
4 days ago
most hilarious play as yet:
turn 1: mountain
turn 2: mountain
1 month ago
1 month ago
landofMordor, but "(cardname) deals X damage to you" occupies more space on a card than does "you lose X life," so, surely, WotC would want to preserve card space?
Also, the flavor difference is important, as well, as it is the difference between being stabbed in the abdomen with a sword versus bleeding from the wound afterward.
Then, there is the mechanical difference: damage can be altered by Story Circle or Furnace of Rath, while life loss cannot be; I also highly doubt that very many players could find that to be a difficult thing to understand, so this seems to be a change that is being made simply for the sake of making a change.
I was excited to put Assassin's Trophy in my decks to replace Putrefy, but its current pre-order price is $22, and I doubt that it will decrease by a significant amount, so I doubt that I shall be purchasing any copies of it at any point in the near future.
The new Vraska is nice, but I have two complaints about her final ability: first, it is too powerful for only 9 loyalty, as other planeswalkers have abilities that cost greater amounts of loyalty but are not as powerful; second, this is now the second time that Vraska has taken that ability from Phage the Untouchable, making it that much less unique; I really wish that WotC had kept that ability unique to Phage, because this is blatant evidence of both how ridiculously powerful planeswalkers are and how much WotC is emphasizing them.
1 month ago
- bloodmist: nice card and already in the 99
- Gratuitous Violence: is interesting. First, I thought that increasing the devotion and making Xenagos a creature should be avoided if possible, but this card can be played for the showdown. I will give it a try.
- Furnace of Rath: I prefer Gratuitous Violence over this one. If your opponents have no removal to a problem, they always have player removal. Furnace of Rath makes it easier for them to team up and kill me. This is the problem that I currently have to face.
- Combat Celebrant: reads like the plan that I want to focus on. However, the downside is that I have to target him with Xenagos to give him haste and waste the +X/+X trigger on him. I need a third thing to give him evasion. On the other side: this card is nuts, when combined with other extra combat abilities that also untap the Combat Celebrant enabling him to become exerted for a third combat phase :D. As tempting as it sound, I think he is too vulnerable against any removal with only 1 point of toughness. People play Lightning Bolt in my playgroup.
- Lightning Runner: Man, I whish there would be more support for energy counters in EDH. The runner without any further energy sources seems for me to be too tricky to pull off. I would have to attack four times with him before I return my investment.
- Marwyn, the Nurturer: A beast in Elf decks, but has no support here. Outside of Elf tribal I prefer to have a good mix between land, creature and artifact based ramp. You are less vulnerable against boardwipes and you can boardwipe yourself in case of emergency without kicking yourself back into the stone age.
- Spellbinder: Wow, that is a card! Problem though: I only run 8 instants without being able to tutor for them. That makes it a dead card most of the time. Gamble has tricked me too many times that I would run this tutor again.
- Sneak Attack: Thought of it as well. The problem is that I have to sac the creature afterwards and they are the limited core ressource. Instead, I run Elvish Piper which does the same and leaves the creature unharmed.
- Mana Reflection: Might be a really good card. Lorwyn comes with a price tag and it does less than Zendikar Resurgent. But hey, this deck craves for mana.
- Defense of the Heart: Love it! Cheap, fits with the game plan, will draw enchantment removal, but if it sticks for a turn we are going down the beat em up road. Thanks!
- Triumph of the Hordes: This card is nuts, but not in my deck. As it says in the name, it needs a horde. My bois are like soldiers attached to a line in a plane waiting for their parachute jump. One at a time. I might kill one opponent, but thats it.
1 month ago
I can't remember their prices but you'll definitely want Gratuitous Violence and Furnace of Rath. Berserkers' Onslaught is also meaty, or, if you prefer, Blood Mist: it's one mana cheaper and Xenagos can only make one Boi T H I C C at a time anyway.
Also the art is fucking baller.
Rage Reflection also enables doublestrike, but is more defensive which doesn't sound like your gameplan. It's also 6 mana, ugh.
Combat Celebrant is a cheap extra combat step. He also has high power low toughness, which synergies with Xenagos? I think? He's not too good without vigilance tho :P.
Another not a 'good' one but a favourite of mine, Lightning Runner. They're the fuckn man. Kaladesh best block, this brooks no argument.
An incredibly thicc lad is Hamletback Goliath. However no natural trample makes him kinda bad. He routinely becomes like 30/30 without any help however.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions! Both Chaosphere and Raging River seem to make a great Bedlam impression. I might only include the Chaosphere, because I'm not sure this decks wants three copies of this sort of similar effect. Also, I didn't know the card Gratuitous Violence, this card is amazing! It's basically a one sided Furnace of Rath for creatures, for just one generic mana more, it's going right into the deck! Also, I just died yesterday to Insurrection, so it's going right in as well! hahaha
On the other hand, I'm not sure I want to go too deep in the token generating effects. I think this deck (with the current build, that is) would work better relying on Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor mostly. Also, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame is in there mostly as a Plan B, just because it works so well with equipment. I do like Shared Animosity a lot, though, which is more or less a second copy of Coat of Arms for attackers. And a bad version of an amazing card is still pretty good! :D I will say that it's quite reasonable to take Varchild as a tokens Commander, though. It's just, I like more the Voltron strategy for myself, but you could get a sick tokens deck, in which case I would also consider Purphoros, God of the Forge
Thanks a lot for commenting and for the suggestions. It's been super helpful! :D
1 month ago
Furnace of Rath would be amusing.
It would double the damage dealt to your critters, and the damage they deal to the opponent, for a total of 4x damage.