Enchantment Creature — Hag
Whenever an opponenet draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fate Unraveler Discussion
1 week ago
Peoni Thank you. There are definitely a lot of things to try out. The part I'm having the most trouble with now is trying to figure out what to cut.
Force of Will
2 weeks ago
The damage you get from your wheels is nice but being able to dunk your opponents' hands into the graveyard and then draw 28 cards while they get 0 with Notion Thief is a power move. Sure they aren't taking a little bit of damage, but you're establishing such insane card advantage that it doesn't matter anyway. You'll have all the answers to all your problems in your hand, and they'll be topdecking and hoping for good luck. In other words, don't worry about the damage.
As far as Damnation and Black Sun's Zenith go, I'd still recommend Damnation. Perhaps you're concerned about commander games going so long that you'd need to have repeatable wipes to rely on all game, but in reality games can be over within a matter of turns. cEDH games have the potential to end turn 1, albeit a pretty rare occurrence. It may be a singleton format with a bigger deck than you're used to, but that doesn't mean the games always drag on and on to the point where Black Sun would be netting big value all game.
Another strategy you might consider is copy effects. Cards like Dualcaster Mage could generate some big wheels for big value. You could also copy cards like Molten Psyche multiple times for really nasty damage. Assuming a player starts with 6 cards in hand, if you cast Molten Psyche and copy it just once, that alone is 18 damage. 2 copies hits for 32. Copying ordinary wheels while Nekusar is out will also do some serious damage across the board. Just something to consider.
I don't know if you'll want to take out Fate Unraveler. Probably better cards to take out before them. Deck is definitely looking stronger though. Nice job.
2 weeks ago
Thank you for the suggestions. Having alternate win cons defintitely sounds good to have.
Peoni Thank you for the suggestions. I forgot to ask about Notion Thief I definitely see the synergy with the wheels however I was wondering if I should be concerned about it lower damage potential on the wheels.
Currently I'm thinking of Black Sun's Zenith over Damnation Mostly because its reusable.
I am now wondering if I should also remove Bottomless Pit, Necrogen Mists, Oppression and double down on more mill mechanics.
Curse of Fool's Wisdom
Quest for the Nihil Stone
Liliana, Waker of the Dead
Drift of Phantasms
2 weeks ago
Your list is pretty good so far. Here are a few cards you may or may not like to include:
Burning Inquiry, Dramatic Reversal (infinite mana with Isochron and a few rocks), Dark Deal, Fascination, Grafdigger's Cage, Incendiary Command, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Kederekt Parasite, Lim-Dul's Vault, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (combos with Curiosity and similar effects), Notion Thief, Psychosis Crawler, Relic of Progenitus, Thassa's Oracle, and Winds of Change.
For your rocks I'd recommend adding probably 4-5 more, but I'd say you've done good in sticking to the 2 cmc ones. More signets, more talismans, maybe a Fellwar Stone or Mind Stone are all definitely good options.
I want to ask what a lot of the transmute cards are in your deck for? What are you trying to fetch at 1 cmc with Dizzy Spell or 5 cmc with Brainspoil? Muddle is generally pretty good for fetching combo pieces like Isochron Scepter, but at lot of the others are kind of head scratchers to me. I'd also advise you to evaluate why you chose the cards you did, how impactful they would be in the format, and how they synergize with the rest of your deck. For example, in a multiplayer format with 3 opponents and usually plenty of creatures, how often is Diabolic Edict going to be something you're happy about drawing? Similarly, I know you have a bounce subtheme going on, but is Cowardice really something you want to be running in a deck that focuses on keeping creatures like your commander or Fate Unraveler out on the field? Wouldn't you rather counter those threats than have a mere targeting throw a wrench in your plans? Also on the topic of bounce, would you rather be running a bounce sumbtheme or be using your blue for counters and your black for straight up removal? Maybe you wouldn't, maybe you would, I just think it's worth asking the questions you know?
Nekusar and wheels are always fun to see in action. I hope you enjoy EDH and I hope I was able to help! :^)
2 weeks ago
Also consider this strat: you have your Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo. Couple it with group X draw cards like Fascination, Minds Aglow, and Prosperity and you've got yourself anything from a potential win via nasty table mill to a de facto game winner with Nekusar, Kederekt Parasite, or Fate Unraveler (and Psychosis Crawler if you decide to run it). Oh and you can open yourself up for a Thassa's Oracle win.
Nice deck. I've always liked Nekusar myself. Hopefully I'll get the chance to put a wheel deck together for him one day. Hope this helps! :^)
3 weeks ago
Deadshot5459, thanks for the suggestion, but Curse of Fool's Wisdom is not legal in modern. Even if it was, it is substantially worse than Overwhelming Splendor and even Curse of Thirst when it comes to closing out the game. It could certainly be built around and I actually have a deck (Gluttonous Downfall) that uses Underworld Dreams, Fate Unraveler, and sometimes Kederekt Parasite to do exactly what you're suggesting. To do the same thing here, I'd pretty much have to redesign the entire core of the deck and probably switch from orzhov to dimir. After all, Whispering Madness is usually better than Fatal Lore while also being modern legal.
1 month ago
If you're in grixis, its probably better to go for controlling the game until you can land the combo rather than ramping up into the combo. Although this combo seems really hard to pull off, there are definitely ways to improve it.
You could try going for a reanimator build: Izzet Charm discarding a Vilis, then reanimating it and giving it to your opponent with Role Reversal or Harmless Offering (second one is more narrow, but it works even if your opponent has no creatures). Instead of Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, you can also use Underworld Dreams or Fate Unraveler (I see you already have Kederekt Parasite in maybeboard but the only red permanent you have is Nicol Bolas so its not great)
1 month ago
- Nekusar, the Mindrazer hes a great commander if you wanted to change format for this deck style is really funny.
- The biggest issue with the deck is running Reliquary Tower and Underworld Dreams in the same deck you really need both effects, but the mana base is very hard to get by with.
- When deciding between these two decks ill say one is more comboy which means itll feel the same each game basically this one is mostly synergy so it'll feel different playing it each time.
- Forced Fruition is 6 mana. Youll probably hit your land drops on time due to card draw but thats still 6 turns (5 at the soonest).
- Fast lands like Sulfur Falls are great but you wanna run 3 max. They dont work well together. If your opener is just a 2-1 split of your fast lands your gonna be behind. (Shocklands are worth it).
- Consider the following: Teferi's Ageless Insight, Ominous Seas, Blasphemous Act, Fate Unraveler, Molten Psyche, Spiteful Visions, Whispering Madness + unblockable creature, Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted, Dictate of Kruphix, Megrim, Dark Deal, Waste Not, (Magus of the Wheel is sadly not legal :( ), Psychosis Crawler, Howling Mine, Liliana's Caress, Temple Bell, Incendiary Command, Prosperity, Dragon Mage, Fell Specter, Kess, Dissident Mage, Sangromancer, Magus of the Jar, Laboratory Maniac, Thassa's Oracle, Nadir Kraken, Consecrated Sphinx, Baleful Strix, Sire Of Insanity, Reverberate, Wheel of Fate, Echo of Eons, Burning Inquiry, Scheming Symmetry, Font of Mythos, Otherworld Atlas, Spellbook, Crawlspace or Ensnaring Bridge, Jace Beleren, Ashiok, Dream Render, Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, Narset, Parter of Veils, Geier Reach Sanitarium.
- I hope thats helpful. There's a lot of similar affects so theres a lot of routes to go.