Enchantment Creature — Hag
Whenever an opponenet draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fate Unraveler Discussion
2 days ago
Mill decks are much easier with red rather than white. Wheel of fortune effects are so fun with pain/mill effects.
That said, if you want to keep Oloro, look into Sphinx's Tutelage, Breathstealer's Crypt, Waste Not, Forced Fruition, Windfall, Fate Unraveler, Cyclonic Rift, Wheel and Deal, Megrim, Whispering Madness, Helm of the Ghastlord, Underworld Dreams, Psychosis Crawler, Bloodchief Ascension, Sangromancer.
4 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
Needs Flickering Ward. One of the best cards in wb daxos.
If you want an enchantment board wipe there is Planar Collapse.
As for things to cut:
Heres my deck if you want to take a look:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 3 | 2 COMMENTS | 1433 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 weeks ago
One of my favourite enchantments is Martial Law.
I hope it helped!
1 month ago
I highly recommend finding a spot for
- Chasm Skulker
- Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
- Ob Nixilis Reignited
- Cerebral Vortex
- Consult the Necrosages (straight upgrade to Mind Rot)
- Geier Reach Sanitarium
- and Soul Ransom
Other fun cards to consider are:Archmage Ascension, Consecrated Sphinx, Dire Undercurrents, Font of Mythos, Geth's Grimoire, Helm of the Ghastlord, Howling Mine, Indulgent Tormentor, Infiltration Lens, Jace's Erasure, Jace, Memory Adept, Mercurial Chemister, Barbed Shocker, Booby Trap, Collective Defiance, Fascination, Fate Unraveler, Jace Beleren, Sign in Blood, and Toil//Trouble, and Spellbook are all fun cards to consider.
1 month ago
Hey there, cool deck. My only comment is it doesn't seem like you're utilizing Nekusar, the Mindrazer's ability to punish opponents to the max. Nekusar already helps you to draw buku cards, so you don't necessarily need things like Phyrexian Arena, Shadowmage Infiltrator or Treasure Cruise for your own use -- instead, put in cards to capitalize on Nekusar's ability to punish other players for drawing, like Incendiary Command, Windfall, Dark Deal, Wheel of Fortune, and cards that rack up that damage like Underworld Dreams and Fate Unraveler. Your extra turns and card advantage would be great for a Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge deck, but they're not super useful to the Mindrazer.
Check out my Nekusar deck (my favorite deck of all time to pilot) @ Raze da' Roof ($40 Budget) for a reference. Also, it could be that your meta or your playstyle is the thing pushing you away from the wheeling tendencies of Nekusar and towards the card-advantage engines you currently have, in which case you can ignore everything I just said(:
1 month ago
bradtheimpaler13 Awesome, I'll check it out!
I need to update/tweak a bit yet. It could use a few more ping type effects. I have added Fate Unraveler and I think a few more removal spells are needed.