Enchantment Creature — Hag
Whenever an opponenet draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||bradyofportdetroit , Nemesis , Tribor , Tiddilywinkus , philktoken8998 , pskinn01 , jhTheMan99 , PTsmitty , maR2307 , mcstang1986 , ecurps|
Fate Unraveler Discussion
2 days ago
Thanks so much for the input, both of you! I'm down for either direction with the deck. dotytron, I think mattman856 was trying to go more heavily leaning towards making them have a larger hand size and killing them with cards like Ebony Owl Netsuke, Gaze of Adamaro, Sword of War and Peace, etc. Currently, both work well together in the deck. However, dotytron, I think was more correct in the original theme and it not leaving. The other kind of evolved from the first, if that makes sense.
dotytron, Toil / Trouble was actually in the original standard version of the deck. Decided to take it out because of speed. I'd love to see it come back if there's room for it. Cerebral Vortex I've been having a hard time thinking of where to slot it. I just recently learned of it myself. Removing Damnable Pact is definitely an option (theoretically the same slot). I guess I don't see how it best fits. Where were you thinking. Also, I've never actually heard of Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind until you posted it. Do you think it's too big though for Modern? I'm interested to see what you'd take out and slot in, in general.
mattman856, the Tezzeret the Schemer were really added as replacements to Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (who I wont lie, I have a soft spot for). But to be honest, it hasn't faired well. I thought it'd be a good addition alongside making Fatal Push a little bit better when I needed it. Disciple of Deceit + Smuggler's Copter works great when it happens. The Kederekt Parasite also offers another early crew member for the vehicles. If it's speed the deck is worried about, it provides something there. I'm all for putting Fate Unraveler back into the board.
Tezzeret the Schemer can definitely come out. He's been meh.
1 week ago
Hi, took a look at the deck and I think I see a few swaps:
Some cards to consider adding:
+Bojuka Bog Likely someone in your meta has a graveyard based deck, and this is a very low cost way to greatly damage them. Especially since you will be fueling them with all your discard. For that matter, adding Nihil Spellbomb or Relic of Progenitus could be wise too.
And a few things that might not be pulling their weight here:
-Otherworld Atlas This seems just too slow. Charging it once makes a Temple Bell that etb tapped and costs 4. Charging twice is a really slow Font of Mythos. Charging three times is...three turns of nothing. If there were a heavy proliferation theme, then maybe.
-Laboratory Maniac Are you decking yourself before opponents are dying? If you've gone through 99 cards, or even 80, the opponents should be at -40 life or less. They'll also be damaging each other too. In the unlikely event someone maintains positive life, you'll probably deck them before yourself anyway if they played any of their own card draw. If you still worry about it, Time Reversal and Day's Undoing can replace two of your other wheel effects.
-Omniscience This just isn't the deck for this card. Yes all your Howling Mines can refill you each turn, but pretty much nothing in your deck is card advantage, so you can't drop this and storm through your library or anything like that. At the point you hit 10 mana you can pretty much cast 3 spells + play a land each turn anyway, so Omniscience only has value after you have ten mana, and if you draw more than 1+(mana available/averageCMC) cards per turn. At every other time (so way too often) it's dead.
-Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker Sure he's powerful in a generic way, but he doesn't synergize with the deck, and I think he's next on the chopping block because of his cost.
-Magus of the Jar Having summoning sickness and costing five makes this questionable to me.
-Leyline of Anticipation Another generically powerful card, but you know what else is generically powerful? Signets.
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Mill decks are much easier with red rather than white. Wheel of fortune effects are so fun with pain/mill effects.
That said, if you want to keep Oloro, look into Sphinx's Tutelage, Breathstealer's Crypt, Waste Not, Forced Fruition, Windfall, Fate Unraveler, Cyclonic Rift, Wheel and Deal, Megrim, Whispering Madness, Helm of the Ghastlord, Underworld Dreams, Psychosis Crawler, Bloodchief Ascension, Sangromancer.
1 month ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Needs Flickering Ward. One of the best cards in wb daxos.
If you want an enchantment board wipe there is Planar Collapse.
As for things to cut:
Heres my deck if you want to take a look:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 3 | 2 COMMENTS | 1433 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER