|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Breath of Fury
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature you control
When enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it and attach Breath of Fury to a creature you control. If you do, untap all creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional combat phase.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||jstn.mrrtt , ZombieFood , Lindough , Dr_Doomtrain , MlgMan67 , pskinn01 , Supremespeed , Vasbear1 , Swamy , , miracle , AlucardZain , golgarigirl , rockleemyhero|
Breath of Fury Discussion
1 day ago
Breath of Fury would be great when you have a board full of tokens.
Maybe Victory's Herald to let your board fly over everyone?
4 days ago
4 days ago
Nice Locust deck; very accessible because it can obtained with a small budget! The following additions will keep the deck on budget (mostly), but will probably make it a lot more powerful:
- Laboratory Maniac; just in case you run out of stuff to draw.
- Whirlpool Rider; slightly less powerful version of Whirlpool Warrior, but still great.
- Mindwrack Liege; not the cheapest option, but will make your Locusts very strong.
- High Tide; great for summoning the Locust God early.
- Keep Watch; very funny once you have a few Locusts to attack with; can also be used during opponents' turns.
- Rites of Initiation; like Coat of Arms, can act as a finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Goblin Bombardment; in case you have enough Locusts and some particular creature is bothering you. Can also prove very effective damage if an opponent has somehow prevented you from using your Locusts as attackers.
- Breath of Fury; this can be an insanely funny finisher if you have enough Locusts.
- Burn at the Stake; lots of fun if you have the Locusts.
- Enter the Infinite; requires a lot of mana, but if it's not countered this will basically end the game in your favor by creating a gazillion Locusts.
- Library of Leng; just in case you feel like discarding into your graveyard sucks, also acts as a second Thought Vessel.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh; this is pretty powerful if you have just attacked with a bunch of Locusts.
As for cuts to make room for the above, I would suggest cutting Aetherworks Marvel, Decoction Module and Fabrication Module; in order for any of these to be of real value, you need all of them on the field (or at the very least two out of three). I would also cut Hamletback Goliath; you don't need such a big stomper (without trample I might add) order to win.
Hope any of this makes sense. Have fun playing! And should you have time to give feedback on one of my decks, I would appreciate it!
1 week ago
Time to do some combat damage and make it count!
1 week ago
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Something like Chaos Warp seems necessary both for your opponents and yourself. What happens if you name Insect with Kindred Discovery? Don't you mill yourself to death instantly? Neither The Locust God or Kindred Discovery is a may ability so they will loop with one another until you draw your whole deck. You can win with a Lab Maniac in that scenario, but if someone manages to remove it, you must have a instant speed way to remove one of your pieces to end the loop, so it would probably be safer to run Chaos Warp in addition to Commit, and it would also grant you some ways to deal with pesky enchantments your opponents might run.
As for actual improvements in power level, I'd say Purphoros, God of the Forge and Impact Tremors are very relevant for any The Locust God deck because they add some nice versatility. In case someone is playing a prison deck they are your biggest win cons.
One additional win con you might think to add is either Coastal Piracy or Bident of Thassa. With Breath of Fury it will grant you essentially infinte combat phases, granted you're not drawing your whole deck before you kill the whole table.
And finally, if you're running Isochron Scepter it might be worth looking into Dramatic Reversal for infinite mana that you can either dump into The Locust God's ability (if you have the necessary colored mana rocks) or infinite storm count for something like Aetherflux Reservoir, Brain Freeze or Grapeshot. This is definitely the least streamlined of the suggestions I've made, but if you're looking for alternate win conditions, this one is both one of the better and cheapest ones available.