|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Temple of Deceit
Temple of Deceit enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Deceit enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (41)||warcry02 , tragic_slip , REV666 , ZombieFood , Lindough , acbooster , , jrschnoebelen , Nemesis , Rez09 , Auriel , TehDelta , joshw335 , Brandamn , ibraJG84 , Caldazar , ironax , Justinaut , brokendwarf , JAT0 , bakunet , Clawsun73 , Duct-Tape-Guardian , Cyrk , NobleSlay3r , Vasbear1 , Suns_Champion , gildan_bladeborn , Sparky41 , angesoir , killstars , duff87 , Myllyes314 , sonnet666 , lolpatrol , CampbellStev , , TheAnnihilator , Hakira , jstn.mrrtt , MattN7498|
|Want (10)||bradyofportdetroit , Turtlelover73 , fireborne1986 , RedMulligan , mafmatician , goodair , gamerhat , meowCat1234 , vashaclarens , rakdos24|
Temple of Deceit Discussion
on Oloro Stuff
1 week ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
3 weeks ago
AlwaysSleepy for my deck there are a few things I have questions about.
For right now Candelabra of Tawnos, Timetwister, Underground Sea, Imperial Seal, Grim Tutor, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Transmute Artifact are out of my budget. (I am currently unemployed but will make the changes to the deck as I can).
I do think the lower cmc, storming route is faster and more consistent than what I am currently playing. Cuts that I think are quite obvious are Dig Through Time, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Pili-Pala, Grand Architect, and probably Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, Gilded Drake, Clever Impersonator, Spellskite, Damnation, and Trophy Mage if I cut the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo as well.
I have read your opinion on the combo as you think it is not necessary and I'm finding with 5 possible methods for infinite the deck is kind of cluttered.
I have been trying to make changes and will be putting Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, and Lotus Petal back in, I also really like how you have Dark Petition and I think I will definitely be adding it to my list since I don't have the other tutors. How do you also feel about Diabolic Tutor in my list since I have budget restraints?
Also , I am curious what is your opinion on Mishra's Bauble? Do you think it would find a place in our decks? Or is it a bad cEDH card for deck thinning and cantrip draw?
I would absolutely love to have a chat with you on discord or some type of voice communication to talk about your deck and the playstyle too since quite honestly I was trying to avoid storm at the beginning of my career as I thought it was too intense and that I would not understand it.
3 weeks ago
Alright! Hi! Since this is your first EDH deck I'll start with a lot of basic/staple things to get you up to speed :)
First, welcome to the best magic format! If you haven't already, check out the rules website here.
Back? Alright! We need to get you up to 100 cards my friend! Let's start with your lands.
For any average EDH deck, you need 35-38 lands. This depends on a great many things(like curve, strategy, ramp, card draw, ect) but something in that range is what you should shoot for.
Going all basics is very risky because there's no guarantee you can get all three colors on turn 4. It's also hard to cast stuff with double or triple colors in their mana costs. So here are a bunch of $5 and under suggestions to get you up to ~37 lands. I like to do things in cycles, so I have the same amount of each color available.
Extra mana: Temple of the False God
So those are all a bunch of relatively budget options you can use. I usually keep all of those the same and change the number of each basic land to match the color ratio of the deck.
Next I want to talk about ramp. Any EDH deck should have about 8-10. You don't have green so most of it will be artifact ramp. Your commander has a CMC of 4 so it's important to use 2 cost artifact ramp to get her out on turn 3.
Sol Ring goes in pretty much every EDH deck. If you think you'll be playing EDH for a while I'd buy at least 5 haha
That'll give you a solid playable mana base, whith with you can do anything with the rest of the deck and still play normally. You could even change commanders if you want!
For the rest, I'll turn to the pros: This is the Command Zone Episode 151 where they talk about their template and how much ramp, lands, board wipes, spot removal, card draw, creatures, etc etc etc you should have in your average deck. Definitely watch it all but here's a summery I found in the comments:
Mana Ramp - 10Card Draw - 10Single Target Removal - 5Board Wipes - 5
Standalone - a card that works on it's own or in concert with your commander. (25)Enhancer - a card that either amplifies or is amplified by your commander, standalone cards or other enhancers. (10-12)Enabler - a card that covers a weakness or a fills a gap in your strategy. (7-8)
Then head over to EDHREC and pick out cards that interest you!
One last peice of advice, don't go and buy all this shit yet. Wait a while, craft the deck, continue getting advice on it, then buy the cards you know you want. Don't be like me and but 200 cards for a 100 card deck haha
3 weeks ago
Ghostly Prison is a classic pillowfort-piece.
Blind Obedience is a great card for this deck, as it's got the control/pillowfort feel and will gain/drain some life.
Necropotence and Solitary Confinement may be a good combo with Oloro. His lifegain offsets the life lost from exiling cards with Necro which offsets the discard downside of confinement. Tutor it all up with Zur the Enchanter, who can also get you're other pillowfort pieces and act as a lieutenant.
Hope some of this helps!
P.S. Rivals cards should be marked as legal now. Edit and re-save the deck and it should work.
4 weeks ago
I appreciate a good Commander deck with a reasonable budget restriction.
Have you considered upgrading Murder to Hero's Downfall? It moves it up a couple bucks but gives you the planeswalker option. Also consider Never // Return (Never)). It has a mode you can cast from the graveyard if you mill or discard it. For that same reason, consider Increasing Confusion and Think Twice, the latter as a possible replacement for Divination.
I would recommend against Skullclamp. With how many +1/+1 effects you have, I think it is unlikely you will be able to use it as a card draw engine.
It is another couple bucks, but going from Dimir Guildgate to Temple of Deceit is an upgrade that I think fits your budget profile. The guildgates are rough to ever draw from the top of your deck, while the Temple at least mitigates your next draw.
If you are running the other deserts, have you considered Ipnu Rivulet as another form of self-mill?
1 month ago
Here are my land suggestions:
1x Fetid Pools
1x Maze of Ith - not really a land because it doesn't tap for mana, but it's a good card
1x Nimbus Maze
Here are the land cuts:
1x Blighted Fen
Which would leave you with a manabase of:
1x Fetid Pools
1x Maze of Ith
1x Nimbus Maze
1x Opal Palace
This manabase can largely be ported over to Zur, except for the lifegain taplands like Jwar Isle Refuge, which I think are generally just okay but are good in this deck because with Oloro out, you can play it and draw a card. I tried to keep the prices pretty low, because I didn't know your budget, but you can add Hallowed Fountain and stuff if you like (especially that one since it's cheap). Bad fetches like Bad River and Flood Plain get better if you spring for shocklands.
1 month ago
Weirdly, your deck should have no problem hitting lands. 21 means around about a thrid of your deck are lands, leading to ~2-3 lands in openning hand. So you hit both of your first 2 land drops off of openner, but with just the normal draw per turn, and a another draw if you happened to go second, you will consistently hit lands on your first 3-4 turns without any card draw in the deck. Not getting into the math of predicting the likelyhood of board state if you have Thought Scours in hand and scry from Temple of Deceit if you will cast it, but 4 land drops in your first 4 turns is very high. On the fifth turn it is very slightly under 1/3 of the time you will get it. It is more likely that you do not have a Consuming Aberration in hand than it is you won't have the mana to cast it.
1 month ago
I know this deck is from a while ago and you've probably moved on from it but I have a couple suggestions.
Silence in the main deck feels really clunky, unless your LGS meta is very storm heavy I'd definitely move it to the side. Idyllic Tutor for another way to grab Hedron Alignment or Opt for draw and scrying would probably be good options to replace.
Other than that I like it, thinking about building the deck myself, but in a pillow fort shell (my LGS is an aggro heavy meta) and you gave me a couple ideas. Thanks!