|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Goblin Berserker
Whenever Ankle Shanker attacks, creatures you control gain first strike and deathtouch until end of turn.
Ankle Shanker Discussion
3 weeks ago
I think a billion Ankle Shanker s would defeat the Ur Dragon. Seems legit.
2 months ago
Be advised Ankle Shanker and Tajic, Blade of the Legion attack abilities don't trigger off of Alesha's ability, because they are considered already attacking. Also, consider Wall of Blood for a sneak attack. Add Smothering Tithe if you can. It's a good ramp, or it really slows down your opponents. My deck page isn't set up as neatly as yours but I run a similar build to your Alesha deck if you'd like to check it out? Otherwise, the deck looks really good.
3 months ago
I love Alesha, I run a budget Alesha deck. Just a few notes I'd like to share from my experience: Ankle Shanker doesn't work in combination with Alesha's ability, due to trigger timing, so you have to count on getting Ankle Shanker 's ability to trigger the turn after you resurrect him (the same would technically be true with Mardu Strike Leader ). If you want to run tokens as a sub-theme, I recommend Ponyback Brigade and Noosegraf Mob , since you can resurrect both with Alesha and their abilities trigger when they enter the battlefield. Flame-Kin Zealot also benefits you for going wide with lots of tokens. And if you want Alesha's ability to work without her dying all the time, whether due to blockers or removal, make sure to give her some [email protected]$$ gear: I run Cloak and Dagger , Swiftfoot Boots , Whispersilk Cloak , and Sunforger . Oh, and Hero's Blade , which I think is greedy but she has first strike, so it's pretty good. I think those will work better for you than the auras, especially since they cost colorless mana and allow you a little more flexibility. Relentless Assault would be a fun sorcery for you to run with all your tokens. As you play this, you may find that you need more card draw & more creatures in your graveyard for Alesha to resurrect for you, so I would be remiss to not mention Faithless Looting , Wild Guess , and Tormenting Voice ( Cathartic Reunion and Dangerous Wager also works). Put your expensive creatures with 2 power from your hand into your graveyard so that they only cost 2 mana to put onto the battlefield when you trigger Alesha. So Noosegraf Mob and Ponyback Brigade become instead of their normal mana costs, which is such a bargain. Have fun! Alesha is amazing.
5 months ago
Marchesa's Decree Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs Skyline Despot Windborn Muse Baird, Steward of Argive Knights of the Black Rose Ankle Shanker Brutal Hordechief Adriana, Captain of the Guard Comeuppance Crawlspace A few extra pillow fort cards, some to help get you monarchy and benefit you while you are the monarch, and some to help your tokens become more powerful.
9 months ago
Include cards that make the opponent less likely to block:
Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor is particularly saucy in Saskia.
10 months ago
You nearly got them, intuitively or by knowing about other cards. There is no exact science on this, but you get a pretty good idea of how things should work.
Think how to not have restrictions and go with your gut feeling. Restrictions still do exist - Nullhide Ferox is a good example of that. A 4 CMC 6/6 better have severe drawbacks. On the other hand, Assassin's Trophy shows that restrictions are optional and printing the most potent removal spell in 25 years of magic is possible.
1 year ago
Nice deck! Here are some additional ideas:
- Mardu Woe-Reaper; cheap to cast and gives you some graveyard-hate options. The lifegain helps too.
- Bramblewood Paragon; nice boost for every warrior you summon from here on out.
- Stonehoof Chieftain; bit expensive to cast but still a warrior; provides some hefty bonuses for your creatures.
- Boldwyr Intimidator; this card adds so much flavor to a warrior deck; and it's fun to use as well.
- Mardu Strike Leader; fantastic way to swamp the battlefield with warriors.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic; great way to utilize creatures that were already doomed anyway.
- Ankle Shanker; turns all your attacking creatures into instant death for anything that dares to block.
- Windstorm; since you do not use any fliers, this can be a great one-sided boardwipe against any players that do.
- Shared Animosity; since all of your creatures are warriors, this gets out of hand really fast.
- Raiders' Spoils; fantastic opportunity for some additional card draw.
- Oketra's Monument; more warrior tokens for you.
Hope any of this makes sense. Happy gaming! And should you have the time and inclination, I would appreciate feedback on one of my EDH decks. Thanks.
1 year ago
Warrior Creatures to Consider:
Devoted Crop-Mate like a weird Alesha
Hidden Dragonslayer decent removal
Ironclad Slayer if you are playing a lot of equipments
Malakir Cullblade gets bigger
Champion of the Flame if you go super heavy on the equipment
Garna, the Bloodflame save the creatures from a boardwipe? Not sure how it will do in action
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs pillowfort and some bodies
Taurean Mauler -technically a warrior
Burnished Hart ramp and can be brought back by Alesha
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight -got reprinted in Master 25 so its cheaper and will get reprinted again in Commander anthology II but that one will be foil so not sure if that will affect price
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goad is amazing and his second ability is nice if you have mana to spend
Equipment to Consider:
Sunforger one of the best equipments in these colors, fetch your removal
Kusari-Gama mini boardwipe if they block
Artifacts to Consider:
- Gilded Lotus just got reprinted so its cheaper now
- Fellwar Stone our play group usually has your colors
- Oketra's Monument cast a warrior, get a warrior
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Mardu Ascendancy
- Dictate of the Twin Gods you have both gods in deck, so why not?
- Berserkers' Onslaught
- Gift of Immortality
- Behind the Scenes since some of your creatures have low-ish power, although might such with all the anthem effects you have
- Pain Magnification just a fun card
- Kindred Boon
- Chandra's Ignition -really great boardwipe for this deck, if zurgo has lifelink you will get that life and also anything that dies will give him counters. You could have zurgo, cast this, and then more than likely one shot a player
- Read the Bones
- Open the Armory
- Disrupt Decorum tapped out won't link this for some reason
Instants: (sticking with four or less Cmc for sunforger shenanigans)
- Rogue's Passage
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry kinda pricey now tho
Mardu is great for control, so its best to have plenty of removal spells. I would not have Spinerock Knoll since it might be too slow. Windbrisk Heights might be better than Spinerock tho. Like what if you need to play that spell but can't get 7 damage off. Also, Graveblade Marauder seems too situational to leave an impact. When you start adding/removal stuff to the deck, make sure to keep it low cmc as you can since you don't have much in terms of ramp in these colors; be sure to keep as mana rocks as you can for the same reason.
Ankle Shanker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%