Temple of Enlightenment
Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion
Temple of Enlightenment Discussion
1 month ago
I REALLY like your deck. By using things from your side it actually beats the monstrous Affinity archetype !
I tried it with Momentary Blink instead of Cloudshift and it works way much better for the long run with its flashback.I didn't understand why you've put Red Akroma in this deck so I just changed it to the white in my list.Feel free to explain to me why you've chosed it !
Here's a different decklist. Don't get me wrong, outside of my Momentary Blink advice, I'm not trying to tell you how to build your deck, I've just tried a little bit different list to counter the most threatening aggro decks.
I really like your deck, I'm trying to get back at MTG and after more testing, there are lots of chances I buy/trade for this decklist !
(don't really mind the SB atm)
SB: 1 Kitchen Finks
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 4 Spreading Seas
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Supreme Verdict
SB: 4 Cloudshift
SB: 2 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
SB: 4 Dragon's Claw
SB: 1 Island
SB: 1 Detention Sphere
SB: 1 Phyrexian Ingester
SB: 1 Sun Titan
SB: 1 Ephara, God of the Polis
2 months ago
2 months ago
- Island >> Temple of Mystery
- Island >> Temple of Enlightenment
- Island >> Temple of Plenty
- Island >> Evolving Wilds
- Plains >> Cultivate
- Intervene >> Hinterland Harbor
- Govern the Guildless >> Glacial Fortress
- Monk Idealist >> Eternal Witness
- Sphere of Safety >> Ghostly Prison
- Negate >> Counterspell
- Willbreaker >> Progenitor Mimic
- Jungle Barrier >> Clever Impersonator
- Plea for Guidance >> Rhystic Study
- Gather Specimens >> Swiftfoot Boots
3 months ago
Made a few more changes. Replacing Agent of Erebos with Leyline of the Void in the main board and making a switch from Temple of Enlightenment and Temple of Silence to Adarkar Wastes and Caves of Koilos. Also made several changes to the maybeboard adding Delaying Shield, Divine Presence, Overburden, Pendrell Mists and Reverence and removing Ethereal Armor, Merciless Eviction, Toxic Deluge and Athreos, God of Passage.
3 months ago
Blessed Alliance, Condemn, and Vapor Snag are okay conditional removal spells until you can trade up for or purchase Path to Exile. Banishing Light can give you more O Ring effects at the same cost, too.
Maybe also drop Phantom Warrior for Looter il-Kor.
Adarkar Wastes is probably the cheapest dual-land that doesn't come in tapped. Otherwise, I would play Temple of Enlightenment over Chancery for the Scry effect and to bluff that you're playing Ad Nauseam on turn 1.
You can probably drop to 24 lands and open up some flex spots for recommended cards, too.
Arashin Cleric is a good budget sideboard card against burn.
The big idea is play cheap creatures that mess with other strategies and some removal and counter magic that you can improve over time.
4 months ago
Hi! Fellow Zur player, got some ideas!
Lightning Greaves will be another good equipment for Zur.
And finally, I can't see a Zur deck and not suggest Necropotence. It's probably the most busted card not banned in EDH. Being able to tutor it with Zur is insane.
Hope some of this helps!
4 months ago
I really like the deck, love the idea of cloning Zegana a bunch to draw a million cards just one little thing about the list on tappedout here: you got the Temple of Enlightenment listed, but you probably mean the Temple of Mystery ;)
on Oloro Stuff
4 months ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.