Temple of Enlightenment
Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Enlightenment enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||Caldazar , ibraJG84 , gildan_bladeborn , CampbellStev , bradyofportdetroit , Dr.Jackel , Tyqar , brokendwarf|
|Want (6)||meowCat1234 , bradyofportdetroit , CoolBeansBrattah , TheRealPeaches , Turtlelover73 , fireborne1986|
Temple of Enlightenment Discussion
6 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 week ago
They cost the same and you're running a life gain build. Or you could use Temple of Enlightenment
1 week ago
I have a proposition for you!
Tolaria West FTV
Cabal Ritual FTV
Total - 24.07
Total - 17.51
Let me know if this sounds okay for you.
1 week ago
So, my thoughts. If I am playing UW I would be either playing control or if you want to stick to tempo I might do something like VOLTRON. So either you are just playing for the long game (which is easy to do in EDH) or you can play the tempo and rely on throwing enchantments on creatures and some equipment. Look at voltron lists on here and see what they are doing.--okay, I forgot what Brago did, the aforementioned stuff is relevant, but stick to blink and utility creatures-- I will give you suggestions for cards in what you are doing. the next message is what to remove
Some Planeswalkers I might Suggest:
This is all I can think of for now.
2 weeks ago
just saw the second comment. Tamiyo would not benefit you. both of her abilities are subpar for modern. In EDH shes a powerhouse because of her draw ability, but in modern it will probably wiff more often than it helps you. You mentioned her for defense, and there are several planeswalkers with better defensive abilities. some are even quite cheap. Jace, Architect of Thought is one of the better ones. But I think you're better off without him. maybe test it tho.
you hadn't read my first post when you asked about Temple of Enlightenment, so read that for a detailed explanation. long story short, I dont like the temple lands. Entering tapped is just such a huge drawback for a dual land. I explained the qualities of the fetches and shocks, and yes, they are the best way to build a manabase in modern. period. however, I have a budget alternative. Glacial Fortress, Prairie Stream, Port Town. you'll want 4 Prairie Streams before anything else. they are the glue that holds this manabase together. without them, the other two are much less consistent.
boom, i just saved you $100 =P
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment!I do run 3 Celestial Colonnade, didn't really want 4 because it can really slow down the deck, especially with 4 Temple of Enlightenment. The more I think about Snapcaster Mage the more I think that it needs to be added to the mainboard. I like Blessed Alliance, probably take out Apostle's Blessing. I like Center Soul as well, just not really sure what I would take out for that. Thanks for the comment and the +1!
2 weeks ago
Also, here is a link to the WIP version: Control/Mil WIP.
What are your thoughts for Temple of Enlightenment and Tamiyo, the Moon Sage for a deck like this? Temple of Enlightenment gives scrying when it enters play, and Tamiyo can serve as another line of defense/annoyance. She does have a high CMC compared to most of the rest of the deck.
And yes, my sideboard is all kinds of messy. That is another project.
2 weeks ago
Things to ditch:
Inexpensive Better Lands:Mana Confluence
Cards to Add:Ghostly Prison (More stupid mana taxes)
Elixir of Immortality (In case I ever need a shuffle) ?