|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Horror
: Change a target of target spell or ability to Spellskite. ( may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
2 days ago
My mistake, from my quick glance I ended up missing Pendelhaven being featured under “Pump” rather than the “land base.” The only other suggestions I can really think of is to consider cards such as Shapers' Sanctuary, Viridian Corrupter, Spellskite, and Wild Defiance.
5 days ago
5 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
5 days ago
Since infect usually tries to win fast by casting a ton of pump spells on one infect creature, targeted removal can make you waste all your pump and the be blown out and Spellskite stops that.
1 week ago
1 week ago
I have playsets of Thing in the Ice Flip and Spellskite sitting around and thought I would entertain the idea of a horror deck. I came across this one in my search for inspiration. Unfortunately I won't be forking over a small fortune for a set of Phyrexian Obliterator, so I'll have to think of something more budget friendly. I really like the synergy with Hex Parasite, though. Nice touch!
3 weeks ago
I hate Frenetic Efreet in the sideboard just in case I want to put that extra edge in the deck as well.
I will definitely look into getting Spellskite.
3 weeks ago
You need Krark's Thumb!
You may also want to consider Thassa, God of the Sea. She has a nice scry effect, and it doesn't hurt to make your commander unblockable, neither.
Frenetic Efreet would give you all the flips. I intentionally drew my entire deck once to deprive an opponent of the satisfaction of killing me.
And Spellskite is a surprisingly good deterrent. Want to Swords to Plowshares my Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom? Sorry, I'll pay 2 life to redirect it at Spellskite; and sorry that Spellskite happens to be equipped with Lightning Greaves.
Oh, I've been drolling on; sorry, but I'm just so excited about these commanders.
So, yes; even if you don't want to be competitive, definitely get a hold of a Krark's Thumb. Also since I ranted so much about my deck, why not take a gander at the full list:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 2 | 28 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER