|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Iroas, God of Victory
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to red and white is less than seven, Iroas isn't a creature.
Creatures you control have menace.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to attacking creatures you control.
|Have (8)||anonymausguy , mlouden03 , awalloftext , mymanpotsandpans , Kvothe1115 , mentor6 , MrCrazzyc , ironax|
|Want (44)||joshw335 , athix , coadster , Liquicitizen , Flame213 , snoopywashere , Tomasaa , CryAll , mgoodwi5 , Fullmetalmage , Commonomicon , MasterRoach117 , mtgtim , Chabert , itskevinmiller , bryanmochi , SupremeRNB , eleventhend , Korevana , zephyrmoth , dontjudgemyusername , XVicarious , colorfulsnailboy , Xz0mb13x91 , Vukodlak , obitus , kovellen , jkdhfgui , MstrbtnManatee , guimuave , chucklebot , Skydra2 , Schwiggity , Cunningcrow , Animale , jbriedis , Elphane , zomburs , tristanishappy , Dragonsound , THP88 , klokwurk , dtfer , kungfurabbi|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Iroas, God of Victory Discussion
2 weeks ago
Here are my recommendations: Cut: Defiant Bloodlord (7 mana for a lackluster body, decent effect, and no protection = meh), Manabarbs (Most people, if not all at the table will target you when you play this), Blood Baron of Vizkopa (Very specific second half of this ability makes it a 5 mana 4/4 lifelinker 99% of the time), Iroas, God of Victory (Your deck does not have enough creatures to make use out of the ability; the boros god shines really well in decks that go wide), and Odric, Lunarch Marshal (You mostly have lifelink and flying on your creatures. His ability won't get you too much value most of the time)
Add: Tymna the Weaver (Lifelink, early draw, and low mana cost), Crackling Doom (Insane removal that mardu has access to), Rakdos's Return (Phenomenal in 1v1; good in multiplayer and it helps finish players off after you whittled them down), Twilight Prophet (Life drain and card advantage-low cmc), and Test of Endurance (might as well, since you are running Aetherflux Reservoir and Felidar Sovereign )
4 weeks ago
@Bearmagus I actually thought about those two (and still kinda am), but I'm not sure if I want to include them. I can't tell if either of them are shirtless or not ( Iroas, God of Victory looks like he's wearing armor, and Purphoros, God of the Forge has some gold liquid on his chest making it hard to discern). They're definitely good looking hunks tho.
4 weeks ago
All seem like decent adds:
- Iroas, God of Victory Protect your creatures
- Wound Reflection : A different way to get "doublestrike." Also incentivises people to attack other players for the same added value.
- Archfiend of Despair A different way to get "doublestrike." Also incentivises people to attack other players for the same added value.
- Sower of Discord : Way to spread the damage to even more players
I'd cut Sun Titan for sure. Can only get 8 targets, not counting signets, and of those, only a few have actual real value in being reccured.
4 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
1 month ago
For those of you curious. The current cards that are being removed for play testing other cards are the Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault combo, Gift of Immortality , and Iroas, God of Victory
Iroas, God of Victory will be a guaranteed cut from the deck the next time I update the list, it's more of a question on what will get put in to replace it. Top candidates atm are Lion's Eye Diamond , Magus of the Moon , Aven Mindcensor , and Trinisphere .
1 month ago
Some good adds: Fervor Lightning Greaves Night's Whisper Anger Hatred True Conviction Honden of Cleansing Fire Crypt Ghast Greed or Erebos, God of the Dead Solemn Simulacrum Final Parting Painful Truths Unburial Rites Rhox Faithmender
I would cut: Agent of Masks Iroas, God of Victory Odric, Lunarch Marshal Purphoros, God of the Forge Mogis, God of Slaughter Ghostway Teferi's Protection Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath Chandra's Ignition Consuming Vapors Obzedat, Ghost Council Disrupt Decorum
1 month ago
1 month ago
Prophet of Iroas
Creature - Human Soldier
If Prophet of Iroas would be dealt lethal combat damage, you may instead sacrifice him and search your library for Iroas, God of Victory. Reveal it and put it in your hand, then shuffle your library.
Iroas demands loyalty. Sometimes loyalty requires sacrifice.
Glad everyone likes this cycle :) keep it up! :D
Iroas, God of Victory occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.15%
RW (Boros): 0.5%
RGW (Naya): 0.18%
RBW (Mardu): 0.17%