Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for .)
Draw 3 cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reverse Engineer Discussion
4 days ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
Hey! I like the idea of the creature tokens with flying, but I'd suggest more lords in the deck like Metallic Mimic, Master Trinketeer, or Angel of Invention especially angel given its ability to create more servos. Bumping Aven Wind Guide up to 4 copies might be better for consistency for flying servos. I definitely agree with the suggestions of Sram's Expertise and Reverse Engineer. Also, for more on color dual lands I'd suggest Irrigated Farmland. In terms of making room for these cards, I would try and limit the energy theme, especially with cards like Aethertide Whale not seeming like it has a whole ton to do apart from be a huge body, unless you have some huge energy payoff I'm just not seeing.
I hope this helps! Your deck looks great.
1 week ago
Hi, there! For a first deck, this looks excellent! Well done! I have just a few recommendations:
- It appears as if you have both a Servo theme and an Energy theme. I'd recommend generally keeping to just one, so I'd take out 4 Shielded Aether Thief for 4 Sram's Expertise.
- Going along with the above, I'd swap 4 Era of Innovation for 4 Master Trinketeer.
- If you need more card draw, I'd replace 2 Aethertide Whale with 2 Reverse Engineer.
- I'd suggest swapping 3 Decoction Module with 1 Servo Exhibition, 1 Dovin Baan, and 1 Evolving Wilds.
- Finally, as I made a few changes to the color combinations in your deck, your manabase might need a little tweaking, so I'd go -3 Island and +3 Plains, but the ratio might be a little off.
Hope this helps! Have fun with your deck!
1 week ago
Welding Sparks may work as well.
hope this helps!
1 week ago
Vaan thanks for the hints! I should work on a mayboard, Cranial Plating and Shrapnel Blast Sound like the thing I could use...especially the latter. Thoughtcast seems to be a better Option than Reverse Engineer, which Was my choice before, thanks for that that! I love the artwork of Etherium Sculptor and besides that it's Name suites my deck, hehe, but I prefer Foundry Inspector due it's greater power and colorlessness. I use low cost artifacts and won't use my GY so much,I don't think Scarecrone suits me, Darksteel Citadel is real cool tho and I was thinking about Whirler Rogue before too! Also I might use Efficient Construction
What I still wonder is about my Mana, still Need to find the right Balance. I want to have three Mana asap, but in mid game I usually draw too many of 'em..Anyway, cheers for the Input, I appreciate it
2 weeks ago
FullmetalWes I have been going back and forth between Reverse Engineer and Pull from Tomorrow. If I have Inspiring Statuary out, then pull becomes soooo much better, but if I don't, and I need a turn 2 play, reverse is a better card. That's why I run 2 of each in the deck and the board. I board the reverse in against aggro, and pull against control. Also, I never considered going green with the deck, how has it been working for you?
2 weeks ago
Reverse Engineer FTW! I would run 4...oh wait, I do run 4! I love Aetherflux Reservoir combos and here's my take on it>Get Fluxed Up. Hilarious breakfast theme btw. Have you played this in Standard? I'd love to know how you do. Good luck!
3 weeks ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?