|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||None|
Combos Browse all
Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for .)
Draw 3 cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||frederiklw , Atroxreaper , TThors , itheoryz , , Vasbear1 , AlucardZain , Spinalripper , silvereh , BillyBalverine , NivStormfront|
|Want (6)||fancysaurus , blindrift98 , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , CaptianClueless , xander025 , reimannsum|
Reverse Engineer Discussion
6 days ago
jrwarrior1811 After play testing the deck I ended up taking Divination out. This deck has a lot of artifacts and I've never had trouble casting Reverse Engineer. When I can't cast it for two blue it's still usually only three and you get to draw three from it. So I just added an other copy to the deck. Sorcery speed is not the greatest but its only helped me out in the long run.
2 weeks ago
Acquire Board break down:
Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage is considered for replacement commander
Metalwork Colossus, Cogwork Assembler, Gonti's Aether Heart, Mechanized Production, Timestream Navigator, Magistrate's Scepter, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Nexus of Fate are to make winning more consistant
Inspiring Statuary is fun but does not do enough to justify the slot
1 month ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
2 months ago
I would add some card draw. Maybe Reverse Engineer.
2 months ago
You could also try cutting Lightning Strike in favor of Abrade. It has better flexibility overall. You could consider removing Sparring Construct in favor of Merchant's Dockhand due to it working with a more artifact heavy build and being a bit better late game. Pull from Tomorrow and Reverse Engineer are the only blue draw spells that might be useful for this build. Pull is at instant speed and the other can be casted earlier.
3 months ago
Bastion Inventor: no artifact creature and not supporting them :P Whir of Invention: task is already done by Kuldotha Forgemaster Reverse Engineer: look at sideboard :> Metallic Rebuke: so far i feel like Negate is enough Barricade Breaker: something similar in my mind: Darksteel Juggernaut :P
generally, the improvise-cards is way too much of artifact tapping for my taste, except for whir of invention, that one is definetly noted :D