Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for .)
Draw 3 cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Reverse Engineer Discussion
1 week ago
So I think this is a good idea, but I have some questions. And these are all meant to be constructive- I'm asking because I don't understand some of your card choices.
1- why are you playing Heart of Kiran? It seems to me it's in there as mana? The only creatures you have to crew it are ones that would be better attackers than it is... And you only have 5 walkers in the deck? That's a $14.00 mana rock and only when you have the Statuary out. And when you don't it's a $14 table ornament.
2- Why are you playing Bomat Courier? It dies to your own Sweltering Suns, or any removal your opponent is playing. Is the plan to use it as mana and then to maybe draw cards? It's too fragile for that many purposes. You could run any of the implements to tap for mana and then get you an effect and a card. Implement of Combustion, Implement of Examination or Implement of Malice all can tap for improvise and still be sacrificed for their benefit and a card if needed. Or even the Metalspinner's Puzzleknot- replaces itself in your hand when you play it, taps for improvise, sac for a another card.
3- What happens if you don't draw the Statuary? Or if gets blown up? Your other win conditions start at cmc 5. I think it's a mistake to have cut the lands. This is essentially a mid range deck with some expensive cmc cards that you want to cheat into play, but if you can't do that you're probably in trouble. And since you aren't drawing any real card draw, it could be find the lands if you aren't drawing them.
4- Why no card draw? With only 2 copies of Bolas, it's not likely you'll see him. Get some drawing going on so you can keep that hand full. You'll need the removal, but if you're all out, you need to reload. Reverse Engineer is the improvise card draw spell, or Glimmer of Genius to get deep.
I think this is a very cool. Just think it needs some polish.
Hope this helps.
1 week ago
Deck is rotating so i'm not sure if You want to invest into it but here are my tips...
6 drops in deck with 19 lands?
I was playing Jeskai Reckless Panharmonicon and to be honest, it's mediocre at the best. Go less white. Drop Wispweaver Angels and Maniac Scribe. Trying to pull off combo with two same six drops is bad, terribly bad. Even in Kitchen Table Magic. What are the odds, 1/60 and then 1/59?
Decoction Module is also bad.
Cards You HIGHLY want to consider in deck...:
Gonti's Aether Heart - Easy infinite combo with Panharmonicon and Whirler Virtuoso, getting second turn is also a huge advantage (and a GG if opponent don't kill thopter tokens).
Cogworker's Puzzleknot - From 1 to 5 tokens for 2 mana is just too good.
Prophetic Prism - Draw from 1 to 5 for 2 mana is also way too good.
Maverick Thopterist - Improvise on this card is good enough reason to abuse it.
Reverse Engineer - your deck might be lacking card draw
Censor - too good to not use it
Quicksmith Rebel - getting rid of dead draws might be helpful
3 weeks ago
Hey man! I like the deck a lot, you've made a lot of solid choices. Breya is a super fun deck to play, with so many ways to build her and so many lines of play with any given 99.
Just wanted to recommend a few staple cards that I think are pretty incredible in these colors: Anguished Unmaking is always an awesome choice, over Murder for example; Merciless Eviction is a brutal and also flexible board wipe that's always relevant; Reverse Engineer and Thirst for Knowledge are both great little gas spells just like Thoughtcast if you're going for a little more consistency; Scrap Trawler is a mindbogglingly good card in artifact builds like this; and Inspiring Statuary as ramp has definitely made the cut in many artifact decks that I've seen, particularly token-making ones like Breya.
Also, you totally don't have to listen to me but I 90% disagree with this macho guy I think karoo lands are mostly fine, and I certainly can take someone who plays them seriously. Even if they are a little more vulnerable to acidic slimes, honestly if you're playing the game right, you're going to have an artifact or enchantment that's way more threatening than two of your mana. Of course this depends on your meta and how aggressive they are with land destruction. Otherwise, it's actually kind of nice to have lands that make two land drops for one card. Anointed Procession is absurd with Breya and co., Ichor Wellspring is awesome in artifact fodder decks like this, and actually Nihil Spellbomb is also a fantastic card that is going to hose your opponents hard.
Last recommendation is just one or two more lands. Particularly, blue sources are very important in your deck, and nearly 50% of the cards in your deck require blue while only around 30% of your sources produce it. Breya's ability to control the board depends on you being able to keep playing her and having 2 mana to spare, so be generous with mana in the deck.
4 weeks ago
zahlman, I like the idea of Quicksmith Spy in this style deck, but I didn't include it because it's a lightning rod for creature removal that would otherwise be pretty dead. I tried for a long time to even keep Hedron Crawler out, but it was just too important.
1 month ago
Dont add Reverse Engineer is bad and always feels useless too play. even with the card draw. i have done some testing with a midrange improvise deck and the card feels bad too play everytime cos u tap out ur blockers for it. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/impro-b/. it went 2/2 on game day lost too zombies 2/1, lack of blue mana for counter and lost too mardu vehicles 2/1. lack af balista in last game. and i did cut Tezzeret the Schemer cos he just feel like a 4 mana killspell in my deck hope u make him work in the this.
1 month ago
Reverse Engineer- and it could be good. My only concern is that it's a sorcery. It's tough to hold up counter mana when you're using it to draw cards. However, drawing 3 for 2 is pretty good. I think that glimmer is better early since it is an instant, however, later in the game the fact that it's a sorcery doesn't hurt as much. But you still need to have the artifacts... it's probably worth testing- interesting situation...
1 month ago
I like the idea. +1. I think you should cut down on your Eldritch Evolution targets; you could probably stick with about two in the main deck, like one Frost Titan as your main target and one Sire Of Insanity to really mess up any decks that rely on having a hand. You could leave the others in the sideboard to deal with various decks--for example, Sagu Mauler vs lots of removal, Massacre Wurm against tokens/swarm, etc.
Also, I'm not sure the eldrazi sub-theme is worth it. I think you could cut all of them for more affinity-type stuff (like Signal Pest, Vault Skirge, Darksteel Citadel, more Thoughtcast and maybe even Welding Jar). Lastly, if you are looking to up consistency, Reverse Engineer is probably worse than Thoughtcast, but a two-mana draw three is very decent.
1 month ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!