Gift of Paradise
Enchantment — Aura
When Gift of Paradise enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life.
Enchanted land has ": Gain two mana of any one colour."
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Common|
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gift of Paradise occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.12%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Gift of Paradise Discussion
1 week ago
Playing with a few ideas for when my 4 Nyxbloom Ancient come in from good ol usps. Any other recommendations?
1 month ago
You're playing Estrid, mana should not be a problem because of the interaction with land auras. Estrid's +2 can untap all enchanted lands to make even more mana with those lands. Fill your deck with land auras which make ramp when you tap the enchanted land.
- Wild Growth
- Fertile Ground
- Utopia Sprawl
- Dawn's Reflection
- Market Festival
- Weirding Wood
- Wolfwillow Haven
- Gift of Paradise
Enchanted lands are good with Mirari's Wake. Land auras as ramp with Estrid have interaction with Enchantresses since these auras are enchantments. Being able to draw when casting ramp is nice.
1 month ago
To remove: Aggressive Mammoth, Byway Courier Chittering Witch, Footlight Fiend,Gluttonous Troll,Gruul Spellbreaker, Judith, the Scourge Diva,Keeper of Fables, Ogre Siegebreaker, Primordial Wurm, Rapacious Dragon, Rubblebelt Rioters, Sengir Vampire, Spark Reaper, Sphinx of the Guildpact, Spikewheel Acrobat, Vindictive Vampire, Woodland Champion, Zhur-Taa Goblin
To add: Eternal Witness,Squee, the Immortal,Zulaport Cutthroat, Vexing Shusher, Goblin Matron, Munitions Expert, Krenko, Mob Boss, Warteye Witch, Sling-Gang Lieutenant, Goblin Trashmaster, Putrid Goblin, Dockside Extortionist, Arasta of the Endless Web, Creakwood Liege,Dragonlair Spider, Viscera Seer, Ayara, First of Locthwain, Pitiless Plunderer, Poison-Tip Archer, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Deathrite Shaman
2 months ago
This is not bad at all. I have a couple of suggestions off the top of my mind though...
First off, I highly recommend using custom tags to sort your cards. To do this, go into the "edit" mode where you can see your card list. It will look something like:
You can then add tags by using #Category after a card. For example:
1xArbor Elf #Ramp
This will assign Arbor Elf to the "Ramp" category. Unsorted cards are assigned to "Other" by default.
I recommend these categories;
- Ramp (Aim for 12-16 of these. A card that costs more than 4 mana is too slow to be reliably called Ramp)
- Draw (At least 12)
- Removal (Around 8, make sure you can deal with other commanders/creatures!!!)
- Sweepers (Boardwipes, Green doesn't really have many it's okay)
- Support (Stuff that isn't obviously powerful but makes certain cards in the deck busted. Examples are your equipment)
- Lands (Obviously. Aim for 34-37. This deck wants 34-36)
The remaining cards can be categorized based on the specific inner-workings of your deck. For example, this deck might have a "Big Bois" category for creatures that are just huge.
Depending on your sorting preferences, it can by okay to tag one creature with multiple tags. For example;
1x Thorn Mammoth #Removal #Big_Boi
Onto my Card Suggestions:
- Soul of the Harvest is nice for card draw and comes with a big smashy body + Trample.
- Arbor Elf and Elvish Mystic are fantastic replacements for Leaf Gilder and Druid of the Cowl , assuming you want to go for efficiency.
- Beast Within and Acidic Slime are super helpful for dealing with nonsense of all kinds.
- If you are willing to pay $1.50 a pop for them, Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good additions and could replace Explosive Vegetation and Circuitous Route in a pinch. -Other really nice Ramp includes Rampant Growth , Wild Growth , Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl . Ramp is life. - Fierce Empath is cheap and very effective at finding your creature answers. I run it in any deck that likes to use specifically powerful creatures, AKA green ones, lol.
- These ones are a tiny bit janky and unreliable, but Ezuri's Predation , Whirlwind and Monstrous Onslaught are green boardwipes.
- Swiftfoot Boots . Assuming you really like haste and hexproof on a 12/12 trampler, it is worth having another copy of Lightning Greaves by a different name. Also, this card is hilarious: Fleetfeather Sandals
- Apex Altisaur can cause some havoc. Often, getting rid of your opponents' engine pieces is the difference between life and death.
- Surrak, the Hunt Caller is an overlooked Green Haste Boi who could do work in this deck.
- Silklash Spider just because I'm very used to going toe-to-toe with flying decks. Granted, that's just my meta, but Silklash still does work as a defender in the case of no fliers. Heck, you're still happy even if you don't see any fliers - you want a ground game in the first place!
- Yeva, Nature's Herald is CRAZY. She effectively also gives Ghalta haste, which is all kinds of sweet.
- Rogue's Passage . It doesn't even take up a nonland slot!!! Free VALUE!!!!
- Zendikar Resurgent because cards + mana = happiness
Onto the cards I would suggest cutting:
- Elixir of Immortality . Your deck doesn't ever want to be in a game where this utility would be useful. This card simply doesn't do much. You already have Eternal Witness and if you really want a late-game reload, try Creeping Renaissance or Seasons Past .
- Gigantosaurus is alright, but I'm not in love with a 10/10 with no abilities. I know, I know, he makes Ghalta cost only 2, but I still think there are better options. Trust me when I say a creature with some sort of utility is preferable here. Ideas include the aforementioned Soul of the Harvest , Primordial Sage or a fight creature such as Thorn Mammoth or even another removal creature like Woodfall Primus or Terastodon (sorry, I know these are all really high CMC). Generally, cards that don't have some sort of utility are just not going to save your life when things get ugly.
- New Horizons and Gift of Paradise could be replaced with faster ramp. For the sake of having creatures (for cards like Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer , not to mention Ghalta, Primal Hunger ), it would even be better to run Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , Yavimaya Dryad , or Farhaven Elf .
- Diamond Mare just isn't relevant. Sorry, but if you are in a position where gaining a small amount of life matters, odds are any other good green card would have done more to prevent you from being in such a bad spot. Your deck wants to be the aggressor, and quite honestly your offense will be so scary that most opponents wouldn't even consider attack out of fear of provoking you and simultaneously tapping their defenders. It isn't uncommon for a Green deck to retain the highest life total for a long time without the need for lifegain.
- I think you have a few too many artifacts. Remember that your commander LOVES having creatures on the field, so finding ways to turn your artifact utility into creature utility will go far.
- Staff of Nin is very slow and could be something like Garruk's Packleader instead.
All things considered, you've got a reasonably strong lineup. In a broad sense, I would recommend finding ways to include creatures with utility, since Ghalta appreciates bodies on the board and interaction allows you to curb your opponents' shenanigans as much as possible. Additionally and as I noted, there are fairly budget-friendly ramp options for the deck that are purely faster. Remember to keep a close eye on your Ramp and Draw, as these are the lifeblood of a commander deck, midrange especially.
It is worth mentioning that I never go below 34 lands. 35, and 36 are usually safe, so if you find yourself land-starved just add like 2 Forests and that should help.
Overall, you've done a good job though. Good luck making edits and please feel free to contact me about further changes/advice. I LOVE deckbuilding and Green is one of my colors ;)
3 months ago
Here are some more ideas for cuts- Adventurous Impulse , Hunt the Weak , Planar Cleansing , Thran Temporal Gateway , Cataclysmic Gearhulk , Ravenous Daggertooth , Sun-Crowned Hunters , Fountain of Ichor , Rabid Bite , Gift of Paradise , Treefolk Umbra .
3 months ago
I tested this against a Burn deck, as I thought that would be the most challenging for it.
I think 21 lands is too few. I know you have Enchantments that let you get two for the price of one, but these don't hit the field until Turn 3.
Many times I was waiting for one more land to drop, and getting a good opening hand without having to Mulligan was impossible.
Super Aggro decks go with 21 lands. This is a mid to late range deck, as its core mechanic takes time to build up. I would run 23 lands at least, but if this were my deck I would run 24.
If Nyx-Fleece Ram doesn't hit the field by Turn 2, this has no early game.
A bunch of 2/2s (that you don't really want to chump block with) can't hold off 2/3s for very long.
In a Burn deck the problem becomes worse, as spells that can kill a Creature by spending one are plentiful.
That's if you can even cast any Creatures by Turn 2, once again lack of land means you often can't.
Something like Sylvan Advocate may help to stall a little, and gets a boost later in the game.
Yes, it comes down one turn later, but the effect of preventing the Opponent from casting the same spell again is more than worth it.
This would have been especially good against Burn, as few of your Creatures stayed on the field.
That would save some of your Creatures, give the opportunity to get rid of big Opponent threats, and also pump for lethal.
Declaration in Stone is also good. You'll have to play around to see what works the best.
As far as which cards you might cut - you have way too many 4 ofs. I see this in a lot of decks. Although it might seem to make a deck more consistent, it actually has the opposite effect. Due to all cards wanting prime place at the table, none of them have it.
In my opinion, these could be cut back to 3:
That's my take on things. Be aware that sometimes decks play differently on paper than in the TappedOut playtester.
This is particularly pertinent for lands, which often show up with more regularity.
Hope that helps.
5 months ago
I would suggest playing the deck a bit first to see what you think the deck doesn't need. But to me it looks like you might have a lot more ramp then you need. i personally would remove Gift of Paradise and New Horizons as your main enchantment remover hit's your's too. I also think Gaea's Anthem doesn't have a big impact and also has thee same problem as i mentioned for thee other cards.
5 months ago
Curious Pair is extremely underpowered. Replace it with Gingerbrute , who is aggro + food + unblockable + extra triggers for Wildborn . Put in the Wicked Wolf s, and cut the ramp ( Paradise Druid and Gift of Paradise at least, maybe not Gilded Goose ) since your only expensive card is Garruk . Overgrown Tomb needs to be in this deck. If you need lands to replace, replace Temple of Malady (scry 1 is okay, but tapped lands are bad).