Creature — Human Shaman
, : Target creature you control fights another target creature.
|Want (2)||lunabun , NickLamp|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ulvenwald Tracker occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Ulvenwald Tracker Discussion
3 days ago
SynergyBuild: it's definitely not Cloudstone Curio and it's not what's up to get cut for Kogla. However, Kogla, the Titan Ape is a way better contingency plan with Hyrax Tower Scout, which would be the perfect candidate for the slot in just by being tutorable. The issue is finding a slot for the Ape himself. My recent spitball was Regal Force because:
One less; lowers curve (I know I'm reaching but I want this APE)
Eldritch can now search anything off of a Yeva sac
Selvala is LOADS stronger with it. Regal having only 5 power made domination lines impossible, so gog/bellower always.
Tutorable duplicant that deals with problem creatures I can't deal with if I don't draw Beast Within instant speed, or have Mouth of Ronom, or Ulvenwald Tracker w/o ss. Can be snuck out with Chord of Calling too :D
More artifact/enchantment removal!
We have Hyrax Tower Scout and Eternal Witness, yes (which could get us an outlet). However, Karametra's Acolyte with Thousand-Year Elixir on the field can be bounced as well for infinite, niche I know, but mentionable. (Leave me alone, I know I'm reaching)
Con: I lose an average of 4-6 card draws for 7 Mana..... Why does this rip my heart to shreds? Help me please!!
At this point I'm gonna take out a land... Jk, idk maybe. Help. I need spoilers to stop thinking about the Kogla+Hyrax package.
precociousapprentice: Love it!!! I agree, the core of the deck is basically the same, I just love seeing the what people chose in place of other things to see different flavors. The Emerald Medallion is great! You don't have to remove it, as it doesn't hurt it :).
1 week ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?
4 weeks ago
multimedia oh boy I am playing the same deck and I have some suggestions on what to cut and suggestions on what to put in as well
BUT these are just a suggestion
1 month ago
I love Polukranos, his issue however, is that he costs 4 mana to bring out and outside of the kill turn he was rarely used as removal. Unlike Ulvenwald Tracker, which can be a good interaction piece leading up to his eventual win loop. Tracker loops are as hard to accomplish as infinite mana loops are, so if you weren't stopped before getting there then the convoluted nature of tracker loops are negligible at that point.
1 month ago
Inkmoth- I love the deck and have built it with a few minor changes to fit my meta. +1 from me
One valuable addition that you might consider, however, is Polukranos, World Eater. Unless I'm missing something, he can kill the table's creatures to set up a Shaman of Forgotten Ways win with infinite mana by himself without needing to set up an Ulvenwald Tracker loop.
1 month ago
Love the category names haha. You might like these: Viridian Longbow, Thornbite Staff, Deathreap Ritual, Royal Assassin, Hunter of Eyeblights, Predatory Urge, Grappling Hook, Ulvenwald Tracker, Vigor, Nature's Way, Warbriar Blessing, Blade of the Bloodchief, Eternal Thirst, Nighthowler, Thrilling Encore, Tempting Licid
2 months ago
I see... Well there are many ways to go about more control. Back in the day I started with Humility but then got away from it once I relied more on creatures myself. It was fun for a while tough ;)
2 months ago
A quick note on Mana Dorks:
I've played Mana-dorks with Xenagos and it definitely works, but you have to pretty much commit to moving as close to cEDH territory as possible. If you play in a slower meta, then you will 100% be board wiped and be sad when all your ramp is murderized. If you happen to play with a bunch of cEDH players and you want to keep playing Xenagos, you can definitely completely upgrade your threat level by playing only ramp that lets you get Xenagos online as soon as possible.
The previous comments really underscored the most important cards you're not running - You definitely want to take advantage of the phenomenal power-dependent card draw you have access to in Green.
One thing I'll disagree with is that Caller of the Pack is REALLY good. When you're playing Xenagos your opponents will quickly realize you are the most immediate threat at the table anyway. If you find something as effective for less mana then sure, replace it, but claiming it baits removal too soon is an argument that doesn't hold water in my book. Yes it baits removal... but you're already going to be doing that REALLY early no matter how you play Xenagos. The only sure solution is to just bate ALL the removal as fast as possible while drawing a ridiculous amount of cards with all your power dependent card draw.
Another point is that... Decimate sucks. I used to run it in my Xenagos deck too, until somebody pointed out the way the rules work. Due to the wording, you HAVE to target one of each permanent even if it hits you. If you can't or if someone sacs one of your targets in response, the spell fizzles. Solid when it works; REALLY bad when it doesn't.
41 lands is a bit much, especially in green. You have plenty of card draw and ramp. With the amount of ramp you're running I'd remove 3-4.
Now for some suggestions. I'll be brief since I've left a sizable chunk of text already.
Bane of Progress - Board wipe tacked to a creature. It's good, especially if it matches your meta.
Ulvenwald Tracker - Repeatable removal. This guy does work with Xenagos.
Cheers! and Have fun