|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Devoid *(This card has no color.) *
Kozilek's Return deals 2 damage to each creature.
Whenever you cast an Eldrazi creature spell with converted mana cost 7 or greater, you may exile Kozilek's Return from your graveyard. If you do, Kozilek's Return deals 5 damage to each creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Njc12345 , ironax , Ferritt , Mousemke , clayperce , Wolfebladeelite , gildan_bladeborn , Fullmetalmage , NobleSlay3r , JeremyTheMiner , saj0219 , golgarigirl , Roadhog , TrackerD , Matgic , Paradise_Collectibles , Falte , Brandamn , mziter501 , AlertKnave8075 , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , Archegos , Borg0th|
|Want (3)||Dadaman11 , , GeminiSpartanX|
Kozilek's Return Discussion
3 weeks ago
nice deck but missing some stuff
- Molten Nursery pretty much everysingle colorless thing you cast can deal damage to creatures or opponent's
- Emrakul's Influence just cast your eldrazi two card draw
- Kozilek's Return need a third board sweep well here it is.
- Not of This World wow this is not in if they try to get rid of you big guy(s) this can counter it. FOR FREE!
- Corrupted Crossroads this is not in your deck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hA6Q7vPI4why.... honestly why... ITS A RAINBOW MANA PRODUCER FOR ALL THE ELEDRAZIS!!!!!!
- Flayer Drone same thing as the nursey but this is etb trigger on creatures so throw in Brood Monitor then you can do infinite damage with Eldrazi Displacer
- It That Betrays *facepalm* why in earths name is this not in if you All Is Dust with this on the field its instantaneously all over for your opponents you just stole every single thing they have.
- Deepfathom Skulker card draw and makes eldrazis unblockable
- Void Attendant exploit the cituation on all of the exiled cards for mana (don't do a sacrifice focused deck though.)
- Brood Butcher nice removal for the small creatures particually keeping Gaddock Teeg from ever seeing the light of the battlefield
- you have the banner (creatures get +1/+1 for each creature that shares a type) so scion/spawn producers is a must Brood Monitor, Blight Herder, Rapacious One, Drowner of Hope, Emrakul's Hatcher, Skittering Invasion and Sifter of Skulls.
- you have From Beyond go get the other one Awakening Zone
- Ashnod's Altar lets change the scions/spawns mana from 1 to 2 shall we.
- last but not least a top secret staple card nobody even bothers to put in stranglely Spreading Plague you just cast korona thne you just lock out anybody from getting creatures on the board and heres the kicker your beautiful eldrazis get untouched by this because devoid means they are colorless and its not a color.
oh heres a bonus if your willing to breath deep and do this but the Gisela, the Broken Blade and Bruna, the Fading Light for a loop hole of getting somewhat two white eldrazi since this can turn into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares
so those are my suggestions
1 month ago
+1! I really like eldrazi, since there are some hidden eldrazi gems, and they are usually budget. But, as my username suggests, I think you should add Mirrorpool, since you can copy a Flaying Tendrils or Kozilek's Return, or maybe choose Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Oblivion Sower, or Sire of Stagnation.
1 month ago
That was originally a second Anger of the Gods, and I feel like 4 board wipes in the 75 is about as low as I'm willing to go. I am currently testing Kozilek's Return as an instant-speed board wipe. It hits a turn sooner than damnation, and a lot of what I want to hit at 3 gets hit at the 2 damage mark as well. The other option that I considered testing is Volcanic Fallout, but in several white matchups and the merfolk matchup as well, Protection from Red is a thing, so the devoid could be more important than being uncounterable.
I've seen it run in W/R prison decks, and while B/R Moon has a lot of differences, I figured I'd give it a shot to see how it does.
1 month ago
Well unless Im missing something, the Kozilek's Return seems quite out of place.
2 months ago
Thanks loads for your responses. Ive made most changes you guys have suggested and your feedback is making starting a modern deck way less scary. Im going to play test the new list with the long sideboard and see where that takes me.
-sideboard is all a mess thanks to LandofMordor, im planning on throwing lots in there and culling down in play testing.
-lands have been swapped out for more untapped entry thanks to Unlife.
A few things:
-Im going to keep Geier Reach Sanitarium and give it a chance before turfing it.
-Id love to find space for an Authority of the Consuls or two
-Im hesitant of adding more creatures into the deck but i think Linvala, Keeper of Silence is great inclusion into the sideboard.
Thanks for your help so far, im really looking forward to playing this deck!
2 months ago
2 months ago
Cards I'm not too sure is a great idea:
Galvanic Bombardment. Get Lightning Bolts instead. You are not getting anything extra out of galvanic until you play the third of them, and you can't point it at your opponents face anyway (which is one of the nice features of lightning bolt).
Descend upon the Sinful. I get the idea - remove all of it, permanently. But the cost is forbidding, especially against the decks where you want "exile" rather than "destroy" (dredge, I guess, and maybe a couple of others but not to the same extent).
Overall, it's an open question how often you get to use your madness/discard cards for their intended purpose - in which case they are good - or just have to hardcast them (and then they are bad). If fast decks with plenty of creatures are a problem (and I guess they are), you could move Kozilek's Return to mainboard.
3 months ago
After the PPTQ, Main Deck changes:
-2x Kozilek's Return
-1x Lightning Helix
+2x Blessed Alliance
+1x Abrade (this had been in the main previously. Right before the event, I switched it for a second K Return in fear of Affinity)
Sideboard: Completely revamped.