Choose one or more —
- Clan Defiance deals X damage to target creature with flying
- Clan Defiance deals X damage to target creature without flying
- Clan Defiance deals X damage to target player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||EdenGardenz , REV666 , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Lindough , Kimimaro , , thetechzombie , Nemesis , rhinoloupe , rakdos24 , Swamy , golgarigirl , twistedmage , rockleemyhero , Mousemke , GoldGhost012 , bakeraj4 , NostalgicAce , gildan_bladeborn , philktoken8998|
Clan Defiance Discussion
1 week ago
I think you should drop all colors except for green and red, stuff in all the mana producers you can (Overgrown Battlement/ Axebane Guardian) and all the defenders that draw you cards (Carven Caryatid/Wall of Blossoms). Now that you've got the ramp and card draw to find your win cons, win the game using Vent Sentinel, Colossus of Akros, and most importantly Banefire/Clan Defiance/Fireball
2 weeks ago
You should strongly consider Ruric Thar, the Unbowed for this deck. On top of being a card that is both strong on the offence and defense, he makes it difficult for your opponent's to play removal and multiple spells in a turn.
1 month ago
Thanks for the input zephramtripp!
1 month ago
If you are building Werewolf tribal, would it not be worthwhile to move up to the full four for each of your Anthems mainboard, i.e., Full Moon's Rise, Howlpack Resurgence, and Kruin Outlaw Flip for the menace effect, probably removing one-ofs and two-ofs like Gruul Charm, Tower Defense, Briarpack Alpha, Mage Slayer, and Clan Defiance?
But if you feel the deck works for you, than that's cool too.
1 month ago
Rosheen's Brood is my list for this type of deck.
Looks nice! Cloudstone is a pretty janky thing, and that's a pretty creative way to use it.
2 months ago
I would run them all, and do in my Omnath build, but I think at least 4 or 5 total ramp spells are needed. Perilous Forays is great as it allows you to sac an elemental to get the bolt effect and then get a new elemental with the Omnath trigger; pure value.For card draw I have found Carnage Altar and Shamanic Revelation great. The efficiency of Skullclamp could e increased with a few sac outlets. Magmaw is an elemental and a useful sac outlet all in one.Last suggestion is Clan Defiance. I am never lacking targets and this is almost always a 3 for one.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Carpet of Flowers seems really out of place. Unless your play group has an abnormal amount of mono blue players, you don't usually wanna use cards that focus on hating on a specific land or color type unless it's interchangable (such as Iona, Shield of Emeria). Instead, try for more ramp that isn't dependent on others OR haste enablers.
I'd recommend the following, but of course take them with a grain of salt since I'm not sure what all you're going for lol:
- Garruk Wildspeaker
- Mirari's Wake (if in budget)
- Chromatic Lantern
- Fellwar Stone (in a 3 color deck, it will always get you some color and for 2)
- Kodama's Reach
- Selvala's Stampede (Good back up if you can't resolve Mayael)
- Not of This World (bit of a niche card, but most of your cards cost 7+)
On the opposite side, I'd recommend removing/swapping the following:
- Clan Defiance: In your colors you have access to better (and still affordable removal), plus your focus should be Mayael, ramping, and creature abilities.
- Harmonize: It's not bad, but you don't wanna draw into your creatures.
- Carpet of Flowers: The original reason stated above.
- Quicksilver Amulet: Not a bad alternitve, so not a high priority, but again, focus on Mayael and this could be another creature.
- Arlinn Kord Flip: She just seems... out of place. If you like her, keep her by all means, just seems off. Maybe Xenagos, the Reveler instead?
- Wild Ricochet: I like this card, but it's expensive. Reverberate or Fork will typically do what you want for less mana. If you're having a problem with blue players, try Red Elemental Blast
A friend of mine has a super charged Mayael deck (Mayael's Eldrazi Escapades) that I've been playing against for years. I have a high respect for the deck and hope you have fun with yours, budget or not.