|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
: Gain one mana of any type that a land you control could produce. If Incubation Druid has a +1/+1 counter on it, gain three mana of that type instead.
: Adapt 3. (If this creature has no +1/+1 counters on it, put three +1/+1 counters on it.)
Incubation Druid Discussion
3 days ago
A couple of things man.
I get the overarching theme is graveyard play, but there is a lot going on. I'd recommend you go directly midrange with it. 2x Enigma Drake , playset Incubation Druid , 1x Muldrotha, the Gravetide 2x Nicol Bolas, 2x Underrealm Lich 3x WORLDSHAPER! So 14 creatures. Flood of Recollection , Recollect and Nature's Spiral contradict Journey to Eternity Flip and World Shaper .
Unmoored Ego doesn't fit here imo.
I know it doesn't help with a whole bunch of remove this but my point of the comment was maybe to give you a more focused brew to start with. I hope it helps. Also, tell me what you think of my Mardu mid-range Divine Afterlife
5 days ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
1 week ago
Your list just seems to be all over the place - a few cards from a pod deck, a look at Ooze, 1 or 2 cards that you can adapt and a bit of proliferate. Unfortunately I just can't see this mis-matched set of cards working together. Yes, +1/+1 tokens do well with proliferate, but you first have to get tokens on the field before you proliferate.
Your are looking for synergy between cards - Biomancer's Familiar allows you to adapt creatures multiple times and also makes it cheaper to adapt. Growth-Chamber Guardian quickly becomes a powerful creature and searches for copies of himself. Incubation Druid , with Biomancer's Familiar provides the mana to put 3 +1/+1 tokens on himself each turn. Hadana's Climb Flip adds tokens and partners well with Mowu, Loyal Companion . These cards get the tokens flowing so you want 4 of each.
Once you have this base, you can play around with options Simic Ascendancy to feed off tokens for a win-con is a great option. 1 or 2 Galloping Lizrog can be nice if you can fit them in. Evolution Sage will have you proliferating for free on most turns. Path of Discovery , Pollenbright Druid and Roalesk, Apex Hybrid all fit into the theme and generate counters. You could go creature-heavy, adding some of these to your base, or 2 Ajani, the Greathearted and 2 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants could boost your token generating options.
You deck contains a long list of other very good cards that just add nothing to this deck.
1 week ago
I think that you are half way there for a strong elf counter deck. Evolution Sage , Incubation Druid and Biomancer's Familiar (for multiple adapt effects on your Druid and Guardian) can really get the counters flowing. Hadana's Climb Flip could add to this theme, then Simic Ascendancy for an extra win-con.
To make room for the counter theme, the first cards that I would drop are Thorn Lieutenant , Pelt Collector and Chart a Course . In my Simic Elf Counter deck, I ended up dropping Elvish Clancaller for Evolution Sage .
1 week ago
There's a combo in Standard you may want to look at. It's turn one Llanowar Elves , then on turn two you'll have three mana from your two lands and the Elves. The three mana on turn two here can be used to do Incubation Druid and use Stony Strength on it. Then, on turn three you'll have SEVEN mana from three lands, Elves, and the three from Druid for something like Carnage Tyrant .
1 week ago
Murphy77 I've been playing Growth-Chamber Guardian and Incubation Druid in a fairly competitive standard environment. Adapting either of those elves multiple times with Biomancer's Familiar is entertaining, but if you are in a position where you have to adapt one of them again to advance your board state, you've probably lost the game. I've never found myself in a position where I've thought, "if only I could adapt my Incubation Druid again."
I was playing Zegana, Utopian Speaker in my mainboard, but she always sat in my hand as I had better options to play (disclaimer: my deck is not as +1/+1 counter focused as this deck). I ended up trading out the Zegana for one copy of Blink of an Eye .
Another consideration, this deck is already playing 16x two-drops, all of which fit the elf-tribal theme. The simplest reason for excluding the Familiar is the two-drop slot is already too crowded.
1 week ago
For an elf deck, I would have thought you would use the elf-like effect of Biomancer's Familiar over Zegana, Utopian Speaker . Familiar makes creature effects cheaper and lets you adapt Incubation Druid and Growth-Chamber Guardian multiple times, building powerful creatures, etc.
1 week ago
Incubation Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.47%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%