Tribal Enchantment — Treefolk Aura
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and is a Treefolk with base power and toughness 0/4.
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Common|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana (DDD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 weeks ago
Man this was such a popular commander back when I started. Basically, a swiss army knife. You have most of the auto includes but here are a few suggestions: Swords to Plowshares, Nature's Claim, Generous Gift, Beast Within, Hardened Scales, Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Avenger of Zendikar Tooth and Nail and Purphoros, God of the Forge
3 weeks ago
You should have a back up plan. Urza is very strong. It will be the number 1 target on your board. So even though you can always counter spell stuff. There will be effects like Song of the Dryads, Darksteel Mutation, and Lignify that players will save just for your Cmdr. So you might want an extra urza in the deck
1 month ago
King_marchesa - Thanks for the upvote and suggestions! I always forget about the one-drop enchantments for Arbor Elf. Going to find a home for those and Destiny Spinner shortly. You're probably right that Song should go in over Lignify.
I'll keep an eye on Master of the Wild Hunt, though I think it might be too slow. I used to know a guy who ran it as a pet card in Legacy so I've definitely seen the power!
1 month ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 month ago
Wow what a cool looking Primer. Solid deck, you did an absolutely great job! I'm a big Elf tribal fan, because Elves where my first deck ever.
Cool cards that I personally enjoyed playing:
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate = best green planeswalker atm! Cut Yeva and a Forest for Vivien and one/two of the following lands:
- Emergence Zone / Winding Canyons = instead of some Forests
- Sylvan Messenger / Collected Company / Lead the Stampede = much needed carddraw
- Survival of the Fittest / Birthing Pod / Yisan, the Wanderer Bard = best green Tutor-engines
- Ohran Frostfang / Runic Armasaur = really solid carddraw (/Rishkar's Expertise / Return of the Wildspeaker)
- Bane of Progress / Lignify / Song of the Dryads = very good green removal
- Isolated Watchtower / Terrain Generator / Path of Ancestry = cool lands you should consider instead of forests
- Aether Vial + enough draw can snowball really fast
- Cloudstone Curio = an insane combo piece/enabler, especially with: Aluren or Concordant Crossroads
This deck looks already pretty strong, if you want to play on a cEDH table, you just should do some small adjustments:
- Allosaurus Shepherd / Destiny Spinner = instead of the Herald
- Null Rod + Collector Ouphe!!
- Mana Crypt!!
- Chrome Mox / Mox Diamond
- Gemstone Caverns / Ancient Tomb
- Damping Sphere / Thorn of Amethyst = to stop storm decks and slow down other decks
- Sylvan Scrying = to tutor for Cradle or Cavern
- Carpet of Flowers/Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl
I played elves in almost every format and cool combo from modern was: Cloudstone Curio + Heritage Druid + Nettle Sentinel = infinite mana or with something like Elvish Visionary or Beast Whisperer you can also draw your entire deck if you want
1 month ago
I love Yisan, absolutely my favorite commander. Just a few suggestions. Yisan is usually fast enough that something like Sword of the Paruns wouldn't really be necessary, you should be versing enough to have blockers or just flat out take damage until your board state is ready to decimate with that big ol' Craterhoof. Skyshroud Poacher has too high cmc for my taste personally to eventually tutor for an elf. Also have you had good success with Magus of Candelabra?
Removal like Lignify, Natural State, or Return to Nature are cheap and fantastic to use. If you're ok putting a bit more money into the deck, some stax pieces like Trinisphere, Thorn of Amethyst, or Sphere of Resistance are really good at slowing your opponents down without really slowing you down since you're usually generating tons of mana anyways.
2 months ago