|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
Imprint — When Phyrexian Ingester enters the battlefield, you may exile target nontoken creature.
Phyrexian Ingester gets +X/+Y, where X is the exiled creature card's power and Y is its toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||HydraOoze , metlguy , CastleSiege , a_murpheus , coyler2016 , , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Zomgasa , Nemesis , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Dr_Jay , Xunfor6iv3nX , Unlife , Thunderbeard , awalloftext , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , lorddarkstar|
|Want (38)||Kurtimus , flipdipple , AcademyMaster , Mikitta , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , Dadaman11 , HackerToad , Mousemke , AlucardZain , Adameus2012 , The_Besticle , shadowsrisen , iamdead173 , Pigsnout23 , asinausk , SlickWizard , anglophile_ws , notsaying , gabrielguieiro , IRNMN , Clones16 , FoamEagle , blackar , kean12112 , Loading_Error , Dk1997 , Teufell , Gypsyhatten , TheCommieDuck , i_love_hentai , Djricci97 , TheAceol , marmar305 , darvit555 , myrmyr , OutsideTheMox , pewdiepie , llama64|
Phyrexian Ingester Discussion
1 week ago
Thanks for the comments!
I've seen Phyrexian Ingester and Duplicant, and they certainly do work. The reason they aren't in is because I already have 7 removal cards which can only affect creatures, 3.5 of which kill all of them anyway (Luminate Primordial is the .5).
Stonehorn Dignitary is definitely powerful. It's maybe one to try out, I'm worried about maybe it being too powerful.
I was originally designing the deck to be mostly functional without relying on Roon, so I left out his specific enablers like Swiftfoot Boots, Lightning Greaves, Thousand-Year Elixir, and Illusionist's Bracers. Some of these may find a way in if there are blink cards that don't pan out (I'm looking at you Mistmeadow Witch).
I tried to get a mix of green land ramp and artifacts, since there are some possible synergies with the artifacts (Brago, King Eternal especially, but also Felidar Guardian, Flickerwisp, Glimmerpoint Stag, Ghostly Flicker might rarely untap a signet). Maybe Explosive Vegetation/Circuitous Route might make it in later with Azorius Guildgate.
I wish I could play Soul of the Harvest, Sphinx of Uthuun, AND Prime Speaker Zegana. But then I start to worry about consistency and curve, 1 out of 3 sounds like a fair compromise. And you've changed my mind about which one, I'll put Prime Speaker in and pull Soul out.
Planar Guide is very unique. One shot telegraphed instant speed delay flicker for ALL creatures. Can work like a fog. Can backfire against other ETB creatures. Also does Homeward Path. Wraths tokens. Undoes Ixidron. I'm having a hard time evaluating this, cool card.
Mnemonic Wall is what I would consider a core card in the deck *facepalm. Now I just have to make room. I'm very surprised it does not appear on the EDHREC page.
Minion Reflector I like, and also the new Bramble Sovereign. Sort of like Panharmonicon, but for 2 mana each time. It's just unclear how to make room (and also I'm already over budget, sorry Bramble Sovereign).
Thanks again for the kind words :)
1 week ago
Your deck looks really complete, even being on a budget. I'll just leave a couple suggestions from my own Roon deck.
While expensive to cast, Phyrexian Ingester just eats stuff every time you flicker him. So much removal.
Stonehorn Dignitary can really stonewall an aggressive opposing deck and buy you some time to take over the game.
Lastly, I included some ways to get extra activations from Roon, if you're in the market for that: Illusionist's Bracers
2 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
1 month ago
Deceiver of Form... kinda cool.
Tidal Force... might be even better than frost titan. Good for politics too.
Sphinx Ambassador... this card is ridiculous.
Platinum Emperion... why not.
Platinum Angel... and again why not. These last two could serve as your "lifegain."
Nullstone Gargoyle... hilarious.
Galecaster Colossus... more removal.
2 months ago
Good day, Triggerbolt. I have arrived to make your deck better. Here are some suggestions:
For card draw, Prime Speaker Zegana, Pull from Tomorrow, Bident of Thassa, Blue Sun's Zenith, Consecrated Sphinx, Nezahal, Primal Tide, Garruk's Packleader, Rishkar's Expertise, Zendikar Resurgent, Biomantic Mastery, Shaman of the Great Hunt, and Tishana, Voice of Thunder.
Cards to take out: Permeating Mass, Reef Worm, Soul of the Harvest, Phyrexian Ingester, Majestic Myriarch, Lifespring Druid, Grand Warlord Radha, Engulfing Slagwurm, Druid of the Cowl, Urban Burgeoning, Mind's Dilation, Kefnet's Last Word, Saheeli's Artistry, Fog, and Harrow.
2 months ago
removed Whitemane Lion, Quickling, Kor Sanctifiers, Linvala, the Preserver, Slithermuse, Whispersilk Cloak, Phyrexian Ingester, Cryptic Annelid. Tormod's Crypt Added Negate, Unwind, Angel of Serenity, Open the Armory, Restoration Angel, Angel of Finality, Reflector Mage, Lavinia of the Tenth, Sunblast Angel, Sea Gate Oracle
3 months ago
Your deck looks pretty good already! You could try Minion Reflector to copy creatures after blinking them. Noxious Gearhulk and Phyrexian Ingester are also good for removal. Massacre Wurm should be great to wipe out smaller creatures, or even bigger creatures if you can blink it multiple times. Sunblast Angel could work well as a boardwipe and discourages attacking and tapping.
I think Infinite Reflection is a bit risky because any removal on the enchanted creature removes both cards.
3 months ago
Im going to make these suggestions under the assumption that price is not an issue.
- Topdeck Manipulation
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Sensei's Divining Top: Another fantastic artifact for controlling your draws.
- Soothsaying: Topdeck fixer. Cheap enchantment and a good mana sink. Basically a not as good, but cheaper alternative to Scroll Rack.
- Scroll Rack: is the card for this deck. Hand and topdeck manipulation with no equal.
- Abusing ETB options
- Panharmonicon: Why have one when you can get two? (Double ETB triggers).
- Riverwise Augur: Brainstorm ETB effect.
- Flickerwisp: 3/1 Flier, lets you get another ETB effect from a creature you already played.
- Glimmerpoint Stag: Strictly worse Flickerwisp.
- Conjurer's Closet: Single flicker effect on end step, it is slow and not a top recommendation
- Karmic Guide: Abuse-able graveyard recursion
- Angel of Serenity: Removes 3 cards each ETB and returns to hand instead of battlefield when it leaves.
- Magister Sphinx: Puts target opponent at 10
- Massacre Wurm: Great way to wipe tokens
- Sunblast Angel: Boardwipe ETB
- Pilgrim's Eye: Never miss a land drop ETB
- Mnemonic Wall: Return instants and sorceries from graveyard ETB, also a good wall
- Noxious Gearhulk: Destroys creatures and gains life on ETB
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk: Great way to clear a cluttered board.
- Big Game Hunter/Shriekmaw/Bone Shredder
- Ashen Rider/Angel of Despair
- "Better" spells (ie, better cards that do what cards you have do)
- Teferi's Protection: This card is busted by itself, coupled with your commander's ult and its just unfair.
- Counterbalance: If you have enough topdeck manipulation this can be a powerful card, but i can understand not wanting to run it.
- Homeward Path: Lets you (everyone) get back their creatures but not other non-land permanents
- Saving Grasp
- Supplant Form
- Mystical Tutor/Enlightened Tutor/Vampiric Tutor: One mana tutors that put the card on top of your library. I would definitely run Mystical Tutor at least.
- Fabricate: Tutors an artifact. Highly recommended should you buy the Scroll Rack or other good artifacts (Not worth it if all you have are mana rocks)
- Chromatic Lantern: Still the best 3 drop mana rock for multicolored decks
- Voidwalk: Another means to get your creatures back after you ult
Cards that I would consider taking out
- Primordial Mist: Clunky and slow and you have pretty much removed all of the other manifest cards it doesnt really fit.
- Jeskai Infiltrator: Another manifest card
- Enigma Sphinx: It is very expensive card for a 5/4 body, even with flying. It has no ETB effect to abuse (since you have to cast to get the cascade effect).
- Sphinx of Jwar Isle: Unnecessary Effect
- Conundrum Sphinx: There are far better and cheaper card draw effects... Loyal Drake for example
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Expensive for a Fact or Fiction