|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
Imprint — When Phyrexian Ingester enters the battlefield, you may exile target nontoken creature.
Phyrexian Ingester gets +X/+Y, where X is the exiled creature card's power and Y is its toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Phyrexian Ingester Discussion
12 hours ago
I've been playing Animar, Soul of Elements for over four years and he's suuuper fun. I highly recommend it!
Here's the link to my deck so you can check it out. It's moved beyond a budget build, but it has a lot of the cheapo staples like Shrieking Drake, Ancestral Statue, Dream Stalker, Man-o'-War, Temur Sabertooth, Peregrine Drake, Cloud of Faeries, etc
You'll definitely need all the draw-card sources you can get. Animar tends to puke your hand onto the board quickly, leaving you open to boardwipes. Soul of the Harvest, Shaman of the Great Hunt, Primordial Sage, Zendikar Resurgent, Consecrated Sphinx if you can afford it, etc
To stop wipes you can use Mystic Snake, Draining Whelk, Stratus Dancer, etc. Interaction like Duplicant and Phyrexian Ingester are always good ideas. Ainok Survivalist, Reclamation Sage, Indrik Stomphowler, and Acidic Slime are all good
That's all from me for now. Be sure to swing by edhrec.com for a bazillion more ideas!
5 days ago
I made a $60 version of Brago, King Eternal that did really well for a casual deck. Sadly, I don't have a list because it's been upgraded but here are the main pieces.
other cool cards are Peregrine Drake, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Thorn of Amethyst, Vryn Wingmare, Tangle Wire, Parallax Tide, Parallax Wave, Reality Acid, Stunt Double/Clever Impersonator, Traveler's Cloak, Act of Authority, Storm Crow for power, Treachery, Phyrexian Ingester, Resolute Archangel, Duplicant, Sun Titan, Genesis Chamber, Stasis (personal favorite), Mystic Remora, Lavinia of the Tenth, Lyev Skyknight, Cloudblazer, and Unquestioned Authority.
Brago plays best in a pod. 1v1, he doesn't really have a lot of time to set up his stax/combo. I hope you like the deck as much as I do!
Here is my current build.
1 month ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
1 month ago
Black: Vampire Nighthawk,
1 month ago
1 month ago
I have found the following cards work well in a blink EDH deck:
1 month ago
I saw you liked my Animar list. +1 from me. Figured I'd drop by and say hi!
I like a lot of the deck; Duplicant is perfect for multicolored, your ramp package is extensive, definitely some boardwipes and all that
4.58 average cmc is high. It looks like you're shooting for turns 2-4 ramp; Turns 4-8 drop beats or boadwipes. Fun!
Make sure every single creature will immediately give you value, or continue to give value once it has resolved. Hopefully you can swing thru. Phyrexian Ingester exiles. Bloodgift Demon has evasion and draws card$
I'm building the same Partner deck right now (LINK). Pretty much going for excessive ramp to fuel thrasios; then infinite. No pressures there
Also you should check out my Yidris deck (LINK). It might have some ideas too. Cheers