|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Insect
: Remove up to X counters from target permanent. For each counter removed this way, Hex Parasite gets +1/+0 until end of turn. ( may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||davidmassee , , Caldazar , JAT0 , Supremespeed , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Venser_the_Sojoner , admizell , Fairseas , Harashiohorn , Fineontheoutside , geazykagar , Va1mar , Swamy , itheoryz , Pumpkinking913 , Mortiferus_Rosa , YossarianLives , Antiat|
|Want (7)||mini_tb , Mikitta , Syram , clayperce , vaerth , samuelianstorm , saldagmac|
Hex Parasite Discussion
1 week ago
I have playsets of Thing in the Ice Flip and Spellskite sitting around and thought I would entertain the idea of a horror deck. I came across this one in my search for inspiration. Unfortunately I won't be forking over a small fortune for a set of Phyrexian Obliterator, so I'll have to think of something more budget friendly. I really like the synergy with Hex Parasite, though. Nice touch!
1 week ago
go up to 36 lands. You dont need any of those planeswalkers. Take out: Tainted Strike, Tragic Slip, Black Market, Ancestral Vengeance, Glistening Oil, In Garruk's Wake, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Primordial Hydra, Hex Parasite. Add Read the Bones, Essence Warden, Harmonize, Merciless Resolve, Minions' Murmurs maybe, Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Cultivate, Blight Sickle, Cauldron of Souls, Diabolic Revelation, Increasing Ambition, Fevered Convulsions, Obelisk Spider. Add the following combo: Devoted Druid +Ivy Lane Denizen = inf mana and sneks. Cinderhaze Wretch + Ivy Lane Denizen = inf sneks and fuck yalls hands.
1 week ago
I disagree entirely about Midnight Banshee. Killing all of your own green tokens is a Benefit, not a hindrance. Sure almost all of your tokens get replaced with new tokens that have Summoning Sickness (assuming you don't have Eldrazi Monument, Beastmaster Ascension, or Oran Reef online) but your cards like Blowfly Infestation and Blood Artist just go nuts.
I also like Dictate of Erebos, but its better if you have a sac outlet.
If you'd like to take a look and compare mine is An Entirely Harmless Box of Fish (EDH Edition) but keep in mine that deck is held back by only being 40% EDH Deck and 60% Brawl Deck.
2 weeks ago
I like the way you categorize the two subarchetypes here. With the HEAVY caveat that I don't have that many reps with the deck yet, here are a few thoughts:
- Something to keep in mind when deckbuilding is that each non-White card we add to the 75 reduces the value of Martyr of Sands by 3 life, which in turn reduces the value of Serra Ascendant.
- For this reason, Rule of Law might be worth looking at vs. Damping Sphere, and Runed Halo (thought it's super-pricey) or additional Nevermores vs. Sorcerous Spyglass. There are obviously other tradeoffs in the cards too, so I'm not sure what would be best for your playstyle/meta/75. But it's maybe something to think about :-)
- I was running 3x Surgical Extraction in the side for a while and it saved my bacon a number of times. But I recently switched to Rest in Peace ... partly because it's a White card, but also because it barely hurts us post-board (since opponents almost always bring in Gravehate against us, making Proclamation of Rebirth dead in hand anyways). Here too, I'm not really recommending RIP over Extraction (especially since Extraction vs. Tron is sooooooo good); just throwing out some more thoughts ...
- A few other points on the Gideon package: The Gideons are very strong vs. Wrath effects and Planeswalkers (which can be a struggle otherwise). Also, Gideon of the Trials' Emblem can help vs. some Combo decks.
- Speaking of 'Walkers: I've tried Hex Parasite and it's very strong, but it suffers sometimes as a non-White card too. I'm on Flash-flyers lately, and Restoration Angel is my current favorite ... Archangel Avacyn Flip was good but a little too cute, and though I love Aven Mindcensor's effect I like Resto's bigger size.
2 weeks ago
What do you think of Runic Armasaur as a draw engine for the deck? Also I was thinking to include a Living Wish package since may playgroup is fine with it, including some finishers in case I draw it lategame without gas, some hatecards for certain decks, some value cards some cycling cards in case I have humility out. For lategame finishers I was thinking of Tidespout Tyrant, as it easily produces infinite mana with some positive rocks, Muldrotha, the Gravetide, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter or Sun Titan as big value cards. For specific hate cards Faerie Macabre,Notion Thief or Spirit of the Labyrinth, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Dosan the Falling Leaf or Grand Abolisher, Hex Parasite or Vampire Hexmage against teferi, animar or marvyn and Phyrexian Revoker Other options include Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Snapcaster Mage ,Reclamation Sage, Spellseeker, Gilded Drake, Seedborn Muse, ... the list goes on. The thing is that living wish gives you the option to have all those creatures available with the wish, but you don't need to stuff your deck with cards that hurt of adnaus and are horrible with humility. In case of humility beeing tutor target no1. in all your games you could consider adding Street Wraith to avoid the wish beeing dead So please tell me what you think of the with and the dinosaur!
1 month ago
Thanks for checking the deck out torridus, as well as for the suggestion. I think I prefer Retribution of the Ancients over Hex Parasite simply for the fact that they both have the same effect with Horobi on the field, but if I actually needed to remove counters from creatures I control, I don't have to pay the X Mana. I also prefer the fact that Retribution is an enchantment, and my meta personally does not run nearly enough enchantment removal as it should.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Ahh, I've gone up against different meta's that use combo-kill. Sadly black is not too good at using tax effects to stop combos naturally.
What I can recommend to better go against a combo-kill meta in general would be:
Mind Slash: Repeatable Hand-Disruption.
Torpor Orb: Stops abusable ETB effects.
Damping Sphere: Kills Storm or Repeatable-Cast combos.
Blood Artist: Counters death-loop combos.
Mesmeric Orb: Ruins combo decks that don't run recursion.
Null Rod: Stops artifact combos.
Hex Parasite: Repeatable kill target planeswalker.
Orb of Dreams: Denies loops that bounces or blinks lands, artifacts, or hasty creatures.
Orbs of Warding: Combos that target players or deals 1 damage per loop means nothing to you.
Every combo is different, so I gave a generic list. I'd only consider the cards listed that apply specifically to your meta, however; Mind Slash would probably do wonders for your deck.