|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Scout
When Viridian Emissary dies, you may search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Viridian Emissary Discussion
3 weeks ago
3 months ago
I’ve been having a long hard think about this deck list, I was considering a Ghave deck for my last deck but I opted for something else instead. This is my two cents..
Perilous Forays this one would be really good as it turns all of your tokens into Sakura-Tribe Elder.
Death's Presence awesome with your counters
4 months ago
Assuming I already have playsets of Sakura-Tribe Scout and Sakura-Tribe Elder , I can use them in place of Skyshroud Ranger and Viridian Emissary right? Functionally there doesn't seem to be any difference, but I'm not sure.
5 months ago
Fixed the above to give you less cancer:
Tap for mana:
Joiner Adept (+)
Leyline Prowler (added, removed maelstrom nexus)
Paradise Druid (?)
Gleaming Barrier (?)
Farhaven Elf (+)
Gatecreeper Vine (+)
Pilgrim's Eye (+)
Ranging Raptors (+)
Sylvan Ranger (+)
Cards I can remove:
5 months ago
I'd say that golgari sacrifice decks are pretty much similar in some way. I run a Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck which is a bit more about reanimation and automill, but still pretty similar to what you would run in yours. I guess you could try and swap out commanders if you have them in your deck (you should). Otherwise, tackling the problem could be done in many ways.
6 months ago
looks at Viridian Emissary - Wow. They really calling anything an Elf these days.
7 months ago
Hi, nice deck! By the way, not to be mean or anything, but this seems grabbed straight out from EDHREC, but you can easily fix it up. I enforce the comment from ZendikariWol (he helped me out with They See Me Diggin', They Hatin', my meren deck, sometime ago), in that you need to cut those things which don't really help you winning, but instead make you just "win more". I would consider trying to run more creatures, as you can recycle them any time you need them for their effects. Apart from the cards you already got suggested to add, which I suggest too, I'd also consider:
- Ashnod's Altar is a really explosive must include card. Free sac outlet.
- Skullwinder is super strong. can be used oplitically, but more importantly lets you buy back those noncreature cards that happen to have hit your graveyard. Plus, it's a 1/3 deathtouch.
- Nyx Weaver is the same as the above, but can only be used once. But if it rebuys you the spell that makes you win the game, it suddenly becomes so powerful...
- Mind Slash is a cool sac outlet, that lets you get rid of those spells you don't like, and slow your opponents down.
- Avenger of Zendikar as it floods the board and gives you sacrifice targets. It also can pump up those token, but that's far less likely to happen. Still really solid.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a cool token generator if you ahve access to free sacrifice outlets, but it's a bit slow.
- Harvester of Souls draws lots of cards. The potential of decking yourself is not that much of a problem, considering that you may draw a card, but are not obliged to.
- From Beyond is a cool little token/mana generator, that can tutor up Smothering Abomination .
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is both a sac outlet, card draw and token generator. Must have.
- Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede both make up for very powerful win conditions with all of the aforementioned token generation.
- Woodfall Primus has recently gone down in price and it's a nice piece of removal that can be used twice if a sac outlet is provided.
- Primal Druid is a cool dude that can chump-block and will ramp you like crazy if you start chain reanimating it. It's a worse Viridian Emissary , which is again a worse Dave .
Viridian Emissary occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%