|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Avatar
Whenever another creature you control dies, it deals damage equal to its power to target player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||ironax , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , jstn.mrrtt , KingOfGrixis , sneferie , EdenGardenz , Lindough , Atroxreaper , MlgMan67 , Oskani , damo_rox , brentkc49 , Shiromakuro , Riders_of_Brohan , Unlife , mziter501 , itheoryz , golgarigirl , rakdos24 , Kleptozaniac , goodair , rockleemyhero|
|Want (12)||Viper_3000 , kovellen , zomburs , CaptianClueless , mookman288 , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , yobkay , Bluewolf_Sun , afeuling , Talonisnthavingit , sodea2012 , swarlelion|
Stalking Vengeance Discussion
6 days ago
Without knowing your meta the recommendations I would make for cuts are Illusionist's Bracers (not many worth while activated abilities in your deck), Alpha Authority, Whispersilk Cloak (is spot removal rampant in your meta?), Ooze Garden, Seer's Sundial (you have access to much better draw options really), Turntimber Basilisk, Groundskeeper, Apocalypse Hydra, Traverse the Ulvenwald.
Creatures you play to ramp need to be efficient like Farhaven Elf or even Llanowar Elves instead of say Wild-Field Scarecrow who costs you with no lands in play to show for it or Frontier Guide who costs you before you even get anything out it.
Other creatures you play need to have powerful utility like Terastodon or Bane of Progress or some very good synergy with the commanders strategy like Stalking Vengeance or Garruk's Packleader do. You don't really need removal like Turntimber Basilisk or beaters like Apocalypse Hydra when Boundless Realms would be far more terrifying. Remember, land is not really a dead drop for you as you are likely get a 5/5 elemental token out it so every cut made could be an additional land.
Some possible interesting cards are Sandwurm Convergence (green moat with beat sticks included) and Hour of Promise (ANY TWO LANDS!), Rogue's Passage (make the lands work for you), Kessig Wolf Run (REALLY powerful.
All recommendations are below the $5 mark to try and keep it more budget friendly, anyways I hope this is helpful, also if you could post some information about your meta it could help people make better recommendations.
1 week ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 weeks ago
These cards are absolutely NESSECARY in any omnath deck and will give you a HUGE advantage in any game.
- World Shaper
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Stalking Vengeance
- Doubling Season
- Goblin Bombardment
- Oracle of Mul Daya
- Warstorm Surge
- Crucible of Worlds
- Boundless Realms
- Life from the Loam
- Sylvan Safekeeper
- Zuran Orb
- Ashnod's Altar
These are cards that, I run in my deck because they all are apart of my gameplan to combo out and kill all of the players at the table, and I play in a 6 man pod.
- Angrath's Marauders
- Dragonmaster Outcast
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Greenwarden of Murasa
- Elemental Mastery + Thornbite Staff
- Greater Good
- Cloudstone Curio
- Nissa's Renewal
- Planar Bridge
- Elemental Bond
- Genesis Wave
- Mirage Mirror
And if you want to play test the combo version of the deck, or just do me a solid and upvote the deck, here it is
Commander / EDH
124 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 month ago
1 month ago
The following cards may be of interest to you: Charnelhoard Wurm, Gleancrawler, Fleshbag Marauder, Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Caustic Caterpillar, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Stalking Vengeance. Neat deck! Don't see Adun often. +1 from me
2 months ago
Dragon Broodmother kann nicht dein Commander sein, Alternativen fuer ne Lifegain / Token / Devour Strategie waeren:
- Tana, the Bloodsower
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Thromok the Insatiable (Skaliert exponentiell, mit Trample drauf kann der schnell Spiele beenden)
- Bloodspore Thrinax Must play in dem theme
- Dragonlair Spider
- Fresh Meat (Devourst 20 Tokens und bekommst 20 staerkere Tokens)
- Sylvan Offering
- Hellion Eruption (1/1 -> 4/4)
- Wolfbriar Elemental
- Chancellor of the Forge
- Hooded Hydra
- Release the Gremlins
- Hornet Nest (Denk dran wenn die nen 6 power mob blockt machtse auch 6 Tokens)
- Hornet Queen
- Stalking Vengeance
- Tempt with Vengeance
- Hellkite Hatchling
- Thunder-Thrash Elder
- Beacon of Creation
- Rampaging Baloths
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Parallel Lives kostet zwar bissl mehr aber lohnt sich hier
- Mitotic Slime 7 Bodies fr 5 Mana
- Fires of Yavimaya must play in Gruul
- Cultivate & Kodama's Reach sind Ramp staples in EDH
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Skullmulcher Brauchst bissl mehr Draw
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip ist noch nice fuer Ramp
- Khalni Garden, Skarrg, the Rage Pits rein
- Yavimaya Hollow raus (Kostet 30-60 Euro) und lieber Kessig Wolf Run rein
- Contested Cliffs raus (Spielst zuwenig Beasts dazu) und Oran-Rief, the Vastwood rein um alle Tokens zu pumpen
- Mosswort Bridge wuerde gehen aber Kher Keep ist in der Strategie wahrscheinlich besser um excess mana gegen Token zu tauschen
- Fungal Reaches ist crap, bekommst genug Ramp durch Creatures und anderweitig
- Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse sind must pick in jedem multi-color deck, damit fixt man nicht nur Mana, sondern dnnt auch das Deck aus und erhht die Chance Karten die man braucht zu ziehen.
3 months ago
Warstorm Surge, Pandemonium, and Stalking Vengeance also burn your opponents while you sneak creatures in or make zombies. Since Garna gives haste, Furystoke Giant, Nettle Drone, Lightning-Rig Crew, Goblin Fireslinger, Goblin Sharpshooter, and Cinder Pyromancer can also deal damage. Myr can also tap for mana before being sacrificed.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded is good for finding other combo pieces.
I have a tentative list you can check out.
Commander / EDH*
1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
3 months ago
- Removed: Sire Of Insanity, Grixis Panorama, Rakdos Guildgate, Endless One, & Stalking Vengeance
- Added: Oblivion Sower, Rakdos Keyrune, Graven Cairns, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden, & Damnation
I swapped in Oblivion Sower and Rakdos Keyrune for Sire Of Insanity and Grixis Panorama. I liked being able to go get lands with Grixis if needed, but I've been feeling for a while that I need just a bit more ramp then plain lands. Sire doesn't feel like its ever really getting me value, so I dropped it for Oblivion Sower. I swapped out Rakdos Guildgate for Graven Cairns because it's just a better land.
I also swapped in Grenzo, Dungeon Warden for Endless One because Grenzo can do a lot more to move my board state along and generate advantage, where Endless One was just a nice X drop for Rakdos. I decided to dump Stalking Vengeance for Damnation because it seems to get removed almost immediately and I needed access to a straight board wipe in the deck.
I still need to figure out what I'd like to switch out for my Demonic Tutor, but that's a tomorrow's issue.