|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||None|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Soul of New Phyrexia
Artifact Creature — Avatar
: Permanents you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
, Exile Soul of New Phyrexia from your graveyard: Permanents you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (35)||NOGzFTW , xXThormentXx , mentor6 , Friedrice24 , MrCrazzyc , Famicomania , joshw335 , ironax , Lucretian , sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , agardels , RobbyFoxfur , , rebelteddybear , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , AlucardZain , Razulghul , , rikertchu , Riku580 , AllDayTayTay , 2austin5 , mziter501 , Va1mar , Orypool , mycheze , Cazaz0816 , buildingadeck , Kleptozaniac , PTsmitty , Sav547 , rakdos24 , Swamy|
|Want (25)||Weetabix0 , buildingadeck , TiredTofu , bradyofportdetroit , metalevolence , kvfd1719 , upgraded , bbtancakes , Amagon , VosslerX , RoninH3RO , Va1mar , adb_slayer , Schwiggity , Russ1981 , Feyd-Rautha , rikimaru188 , BringerOfStorms , xander025 , thiSmanAro , imlinuxgeek , eastly , orzhov_moskalski , Exiled_soul , Bassadin|
Soul of New Phyrexia Discussion
2 weeks ago
lordsauron thanks for the info. I have never heard of scryfall. I always used wotc site which is fidgety at best. Scryfall is a lot more user friendly. Also, Soul of New Phyrexia is exactly the kind of card I had hoped to find but thought was going to cost a ton. Temur Sabertooth is another great inclusion. I don’t know why, but I had never considered the fact that I could return multiple creatures to my hand. I’ll definitely be finding room for those two.
I use the Gods in a couple of other decks, but I often find that I am lacking the requirements far too often for them to be something I want in this deck. Rhonas the Indomitable however seems to be easy enough to activate here. I’ll put him on the maybeboard for now. Thanks again for your help.
2 weeks ago
What kind of board wipe protection you need is going to vary a lot on your meta. If most of the wipes are destroy, than you’ve got you’re pick of about 40 indestructible creatures. Some of the ones with more utility are the gods, particularly Purphoros, God of the Forge, and Rhonas the Indomitable. Another great option is Soul of New Phyrexia protection twice. Temur Sabertooth can preserve a lot of your board if you leave some mana up. Those are just a few. I would suggest using scryfall to find more, as board wipes are your deck’s biggest weakness, and they are very prevalent. If you have a lot of exile or similar effect board wipes that indestructible doesn’t cover in your meta, than creatures with counterspells on them are your best bet. Again, use scryfall.
2 weeks ago
I for one am quite surprised there's been not that much excitement over an Esper Zombie commander and a Bant Merfolk commander. I thought I may pick up the singles for around £4 each but with seemingly little interest I doubt I'll have trouble picking them up down the line.
I am going to get Xantcha, Sleeper Agent for £3.50 though, I have something in mind for a deck soon. And I've taken the plunge on pre-ordering the Izzet deck simply because there are some useful 'nuts and bolts' for that style of deck outside the commanders and the pre-order price provides OK value to get it all in one package. Even though I already have the best 'money' reprints in there namely Unwinding Clock and Soul of New Phyrexia.
What is everyone else up to, going for singles, speculating on anything?
2 weeks ago
Would suggest taking out the following
1) Planeswalkers: They are not accelerating your overall gameplan and are quite significant mana sinks since Animar only reduces creature costs.
2) Tapped/Bounce Lands: As Animar has a low cmc, having tapped/bounce lands reduces the speed at which you ramp up with mana and play your spells.
3) High devotion to color creatures: Since Animar reduces colorless mana cost, having high color devotion cards like Prime Speaker Zegana which requires 2 Green and Blue is not benefiting from your commander's ability, I suggest taking out cards that require 3-4 colored mana costs unless they are provide significant benefits.
Adding cards like 1) Mana dorks(e.g. Llanowar Elves, Wild Cantor, Beastcaller Savant etc.): Having more mana at your disposal gives you more options per turn. It also also Animar to drop in fast and start growing. Recommend mana dorks up to 2 cmc and preferably providing mana of any color. Beastcaller Savant has haste to tap immediately and provides flexibility in color.
2) Colorless Artifact Creature/Eldrazis (e.g. Ulamog's Crusher, Pathrazer of Ulamog: Since your deck appears to be going for creature beatdown, Eldrazis are your go to for the smackdown. Little to no color devotion and at a significant large Animar (i.e. +10/10), they drop almost for free. Void Winnower can really hurt your opponents since they can;t cast alot spells. Soul of New Phyrexia doubles as a beater and protection.
3) Card Draw/Advantage: Since you are dropping your cards at every turn, you need ways to refill your hand so you can either respond or recover if opponents disrupts your board. Cantrips works ok as they replace card for card but having additional cards draw is paramount in Commander format. Consider Soul of the Harvest, Primordial Sage, Mulldrifter as options to add in.
4) Counterspells: To protect your board once it grows big and fast as well as disrupting your opponents is important. Consider running a few counters depending on your playgroup level.
3 weeks ago
Sundial of the Infinite if you want to stick with the not having to attack.
1 month ago
I really like the deck. Dinosaurs are by far my top fave tribe. Zacama was someone I thought about making my commander, but I just never did.
Ask for spells; some good enrage enablers are Pyrohemia, Raging Regisaur, and Raging Swordtooth. Some other spells would be Desert Sandstorm, Fiery Confluence, Hurly-Burly, Rain of Embers, Rain of Blades, Shake the Foundations, Seismic Shudder, Volcanic Spray, or Tremor.
If you want to have a lot of fun with enrage, give your creatures indestructable and go to town. Vivien Reid, Dauntless Escort, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Gideon's Phalanx, Make a Stand, Rootborn Defenses, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Boros Charm, Heroic Intervention, and Soul of New Phyrexia.
I personally have a Gishath deck: Ixalan Park (#1 Gishath Commander) V.2.0
I didn't go the full blown enrage mode, but I might give that a try. Hope my suggestions helped.
2 months ago
Neat mono- thing you got going here. The only other source of type agnostic indestructible I can think of is Soul of New Phyrexia, which is obviously expensive and a nonbo with your your artifact ability haters (although its graveyard ability will still work if you can get it there). Why is Heroic Intervention mono- anyway?
Would Mistveil Plains be too slow/unreliable?
Is Crackdown too narrow?
2 months ago
Since Wurm-friend triggers when it leaves play, stuff like Synod Sanctum, Voyager Staff, and Conjurer's Closet could be useful, especially if you ran things that make your dudes indestructible like Soul of New Phyrexia, Darksteel Plate, Hammer of Nazahn, Heroic Intervention, etc. Indestructibility is a good idea in general so Hammy survives wipes and removal, and can safely fight anything he/she/it dang well pleases!